It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will military and police disobey orders when the time comes?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The people who are employed in these jobs are carefully selected to be the least intelligent, the least free thinking and the most unsympathetic. They cannot tell the difference between right and wrong if it jumped up and bit them on the bottom. Case in point, the recent trials in the uk of men who sexually abused girls as young as 11 and yet the police did not have the intelligence to understand this was a crime of monstrous proportions and it took many many years before any prosecutions took place. Not too bright one might suggest. Knowing people who work for police I would say they don't choose the 'great thinkers' for this jobs, as thinkers do not obey bad orders. So, I don't know if you've read the Lucifer Effect, but if you have...........we're stuffed!! 'They' will all do as they are told. I know too many people to think otherwise. Only 5% of the population have ever switched their brains on since the day they were born and that includes the people who run this world. They 'follow' what they are told. They do not think, realise, comprehend, have compassion, care, have empathy or are even mentally active to any extent that would show up on a mental activity meter.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Watch the movie "The Experiment" with Adrien Brody and Forest Whitaker, it is exactly what the study with the college students was about.

With that said, I belief based upon all of the acts of police brutality and abuses of power we have seen that the a very large percentage of the police across the country would welcome and willingly accept going against the American citizenry. It seems that a very large majority of police get off on showing their authority over the citizenry and orders to do wrong and harm to the citizens would be welcomed by many.

The military is a different scenario though, many military service members would refuse to go against the citizenry and while some would be more than happy to do so I feel that you would not see nearly the percentage that you would see of police. I would say that nearly all of the service members that have seen combat would be unwilling to follow orders against American citizens.

Either way though if it came down to that scenario the military and police forces would be severely out numbered and out gunned. I don't have the info on the number of LOE's in the nation but as of a couple of years ago or full military capacity was about 300,000 troops including reserves.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The police are the personal army of the elite. I expect them to behave like the cowardly pieces of # that they are when the time comes.

Any member of the US military that even remotely thinks about turning their arms against the citizens they have sworn to protect should be shot dead on the spot.
edit on 30-6-2013 by supremecommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Will military and police disobey orders when the time comes?

Can we look at the present time for clues?

One drone operator walked away. How many still there? Knowing a high percentage of those effected are innocent?

Maybe two or three data spies walked away. We can't even count how many do it anyway?

LEO although we believe most are good guys, has anyone ever heard of a time when any LEO stopped a LEO injustice?

Let's all pray if the SHTF everyone will stop and think even me...

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Guys we are are going to run into a war of opinions and the civilians will insult vets again because that is the ONLY way this works for bad guys.
There is NOTHING in history that covers this Colt made all men equal.We will decide for ourselves what we do,and for the most cases assholes are in the great minority.They may have armored themselves up with laws and ways to enforce their abuse,but in the end it takes a guy with a gun to break it it down.
Thousands are ready NOW!(Calm down by the way,not yet) How about you ask them?

I'll fight on behalf of my vow to the Constitution for the PEOPLE of America,Twinkies and my gun collection.
To preserve these I will do so. I want to see "AvengersII" and to do so Obama better not interrupt my life with an attempt to become a tyrant or I'll bet there are a great deal of combat jocks who could EASILY circumvent presidential security and remove him THE MOMEMT he sets foot outside a bunker,if that were to happen.

Soldiers are robots who are programmed? Please,have a brain.We just learn new things and apply it to survive in a war.
If I was ever told to use them against you...well...I'll bet I could scare or kill ANYONE who tried to give such an order. They were scared of me anyway I joined to fight,no college,money or a life but to learn how to fight and kill my fellow man. Martial arts,been shooting since I was 5 with 22s and a daisy bb gun to a point where "Kentucky Windage" can be applied to any weapon.
I saw how we were going and it is a useful skill. But if I was told when I was in Texas to go pick people up. Not only would I do the opposite and regard the ones giving orders as the enemy.

I would be afraid of the people because I did all of this to defend them,I'm SCARED of them because I know what I can do. Many can do worse and I want them happy...crap it's bad enough when my wife is pissed,but fellow vets,no way in hell

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
how soon we forget names like Ken State, or the LA riots, bad examples or a taste of what is to come, The Mil and Police will do what they are told , for they will be lied to, and it will be the force out of towners, no local for they will not be trusted, but reassigned to different ares, here we have a Unified Police force so the city beat cops can be sent to the county and Vice versa, this way they do not know you you do not know them.
edit on 30-6-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

More insults claiming imperical knowledge based on isolated historical anecdotes.You are nothing but TOTALLY wrong we will decry your failure and you to will be beaten by vets...again.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

FYI I am a vet and when I was in 86- 87 we where told it is US us, Vrs them, them any one not in uniform of green, that included the LEOs, if things have changed then it is for the better, but having seen "fort never, training camp," how to handle crowds and the citizenry , seems to me nothing has changed, remember not all are in the NTK, or in the Chain of command for few 100 control 10,000 think i am full of it check this out , not all be blinded by TPTB BS but a few will, swordattheready.wordpress.com... when the Time comes lest make a stand together for with out the people the Cons Is just a piece of paper it is meant for the people, by the people, and of the people, not the Gov.

edit on 30-6-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by rival
History teaches that military and police will follow orders...

I have over three decades in the service that experiance tells me that you are...oh..so...wrong.

They may at first, but I think that if things remained heated, you would see a lot of AWOLs and Officers and NCOs willfully disobeying orders. I've seen it before and have done so myself.

There is a thing called a illegal order and you don't have to follow it.

A few things to think about here. We are 50 united states that each has it's own military, each can and will do things on their own if need be. Our military is made up of free thinkers that we do not see in other militaries, this empowers our military making it very strong since even at the lowest levels they can stand up to lead when needed. With most militaries around the world once you cut off the head of the beast (the officer in charged) the body becomes useless. In American's military we are like a hydra as in for every head cut off new ones grow. This creates a rather unique situation that I see the military fragmenting into many parts if what we would call illegal orders are given.
edit on 30-6-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
In my many discussions with people who want a violent revolution against this government. It's my hope that the police and military fight to annihilate these people off the face of the planet.

Because if you talk to these people for any real length of time, you soon realize they don't actually want any kind of freedom for anyone but themselves. They somehow think that by taking away the freedom of the people to elect their own representatives (by killing those representatives) that it will make the country a better place. It won't. All it will do is take away everyone's choice of representative government.

And they either want to turn this nation into some sort of extra large Somalia, one with no real functioning government. Or replace our Democratic Republic with a Fascist Dictatorship, with only their party ruling over the masses.

If these people ever start their dream of a civil war in this country, I hope they are put down like the fascist dogs they really are, because if they are allowed to win, freedom will die, and holocaust will gain a whole new meaning as they ethnically cleanse this nation of all the "illegals" (as they see anyone that doesn't have ancestry in northern Europe)

I certainly hope that the police and military fight against these monsters and put them back in their place.

edit on 30-6-2013 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

by reading your post in 1776 you would have been for the red cats and not for the revolutionist, the ones that fought to have this country what is was meant to be not what it has become.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
Most cops are good people, but just like the general public, five to seven percent of them are corrupt.

I don't believe the corruption rate was that low even before the drug war.

After the War on Drugs started, it set the course for increasing government power and diminishing individual rights. Cops were indoctrinated into the Pavlov's Dog world of conditioning every time they seized property and received the proceeds. Guilty until proven innocent became the new norm. The corruption started from the top down. A whole new class of Americans was victimized and have had their lives diminished.

After the War on Terror started, the descent into authoritarianism went from trot to full-on gallop. Now these troops are loaded with new powers specified in "laws" like the Patriot Act, NDAA and other utter nonsense. The continuing rot at the top ranks, coupled with returning soldiers trained in urban pacification has put the integrity factor at an all time low.

I believe that less than half our police are honest ..... and far less than that will uphold their oath to the Constitution. The Constitution is not rocket science, but I'd guess less then 25% of our police have even read it. I shudder to think at what passes for Civics education these days.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I remember a few years back where a whole NG unit refused to pick up arms in a war game where they where to told to fight against the Citizens www.abovetopsecret.com... good for them sadly not all are like them

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

by reading your post in 1776 you would have been for the red cats[sic] and not for the revolutionist, the ones that fought to have this country what is was meant to be not what it has become.

It's Red Coats, and no, that was an entirely different thing, see back then, there were no representatives in Parliament for the colonists, that is why there was an issue. (among other things)

The would be revolutionaries I have talked to have no clue what they would do after they killed everyone's representative in congress and completely destroyed the capital, other than get drunk and shoot more people. From what I gather, their first order of business would be to start rounding up people that weren't of european ancestry and put them into the so called "FEMA Camps" if not just outright execute them on sight.

The people wouldn't have the ability to choose their own representatives anymore if these people took over, they would just "elect" amongst themselves who gets to lead. And those people's platform better be the party line or they too will be the next person against the wall.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

and your point is.. for i see no one representing the people any more, just big biz and what can make them in power money, as for the other you mention , they are not revolutionary's but "Prepper's" that are threat to every one. This is why there will be no real 1776 again. and is to come is a free for all, and this no one wants to see, if a new 1776 should take Place we would need BF and TJ PR and GW JH , doubt there are any that could fill them shoes.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

How many foriegn troops are in our country? That's why they are here. To get rid of americans who won't fire on americans.

That's why our military is all over the world in "police actions". obozo sent troops to egypt this last week to fire on egyptians rioting.

The UN and the elite have this much figured out.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
reply to post by bekod

More insults claiming imperical knowledge based on isolated historical anecdotes.You are nothing but TOTALLY wrong we will decry your failure and you to will be beaten by vets...again.

/Applause

Well said trooper.

The vets that honor their oaths and are oath keepers will defend the constitution and the security and future of the people, not the nation. I never took an oath to defend the nation or follow the orders of politicians to suit their agenda. My oath is to the Constitution and my fellow citizens and I will gladly defend both to the death to prevent tyranny.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The majority went into Iraq and Afghanistan because they were told to.

If a 9/11 event happened prior to "the time", you can bet they would come down HARD on EVERYONE.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by donlashway
reply to post by rickymouse

Totally agree with you in current conditions, however if being rounded up to go to feeding camp or any other situation that may occur in a shtf situation, I think I should stay as far away as possible, mouth and body don't always think when I see something I feel as wrong. Just saying...

Latest catch phrase in news is "BIG DATA" leads me to believe there will be list. Consider everything (everything) ever posted or said in my lifetime in one data base, regardless of any changes in views or knowledge and it's a good bet I'll make the list.

Oh Wow. An upcoming social event. Going to have to pack a Frisbee and Pinnacle cards, horseshoes, and some poker chips into a special bug out bag.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by juspassinthru

You have to include all the small town cops into the figures. Most small town cops aren't corrupt, they may be a little different sometimes and some are a little gun ho once in a while but new cops do tend to get a little overboard once in a while. I'm sure that the percentage of bad cops may be higher in some areas than others but I would say that the overall average of bad cops is still only five to seven percent country wide. A meek cop is not really a good cop either. Why would someone want a cop who wouldn't want to shoot someone who is endangering someone. We hire cops to protect us, not to try to talk a guy with a gun into giving it up. If a guy is swinging a gun around threatening others he should expect to get shot.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join