It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GITMO Spoils Inmates While Many Americans Go Hungry

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sevensheeps
They are being tortured and probably killed in modern day concentration camps!

They are so fat from their meals that they need exercise equipment brought in.

What part of .. this is a waste of money and we should either run it right or close it .. dont' you get?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
reply to post by TDawgRex

The bottom photo is not Gitmo. The uniforms on the Soldiers tell me that.

Where's the proof?

Actually, it's up to you to prove that they are photos of GITMO.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

They are being tortured and probably killed in modern day concentration camps!

They are so fat from their meals that they need exercise equipment brought in.

What part of .. this is a waste of money and we should either run it right or close it .. dont' you get?

It is a waste of money, I give you that.

But you can not be serious of what you are stating in you posts.

What don't you get, these are not hotels. These are American versions of Auschwitz, and these are the ones that are in the news. How many do you think that there are that we never ever heard of.

Most of these men are innocent, probably all of them.

I would turn to Jihad to if you would lock me up there for 9 years and torture me for all that time without a trail.
edit on 30/6/13 by sevensheeps because: fix

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Those are not US uniforms. They're more of the UK type from the 90's-2000's timeframe. I believe they went digital as well.

That said, many countries across the world do wear US and UK types of uniforms, but unless those guys are one of the alphabet agencies, I can guarentee that they are not US Soldiers.

Google images of countries uniforms, you'll see what I mean. It'll only take a minute.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

It is a waste of money, I give you that.

Well ... finally. I'm glad someone finally agrees. GITMO = waste of money

These are American versions of Auschwitz,...

Not even close. That's an insult to those who suffered in Auschwitz.
The GITMO detainees are getting extremely well feed. To the point that they are getting fat and need exercise equipment which is brought in. And then they get fussy and want MUSLIM MADE exercise equipment, so that's brought in instead. And they have better medical care and housing than many Americans. And they have religious freedom .. in fact it's brought in and catered to them. So no .. it's not even close to Auschwitz.

It's just a stink'n waste of money.
edit on 6/30/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Most of these men are innocent, probably all of them.

That's assumption on your part. The facts say different.

I would turn to Jihad to if you would lock me up there for 9 years and torture me for all that time without a trail.

Sure. But seeing how most of them were caught on the battlefield or were caught in terrorist activities, it seems that they aren't being changed into terrorists while at GITMO. They already were.

But that's all not the point of the thread.
The point is .... it's a stink'n waste of money.
Those detainees have it better than many Americans.
Either close GITMO or run it correctly.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Eh.. let's not make gitmo sound like anythig more than a prison where guys who have had their day in court and were supposed to go free are still locked up. I think i'd probably take hunger pains over the pain of intranasal force feeding.
Gitmo is a hell hole. It's gotten workse under Obama. It needs to be closed.
edit on 30-6-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

If they are supposed to go free ... then set them free. But for crying out loud stop spending money on them for medical care and food and everything else that many Americans don't have. Ya' know??

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Yeah. It must be really sweet, being held without charge for years and years in an American prison camp, away from home amd family with no end in sight. Where do I sign up?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

ACTUALLY that is not true. We allowed muslims and terroist groups to capture and turn in people. So basically you had extremists going around grabbing up farmers and then being paid by the US for everyone they got. Most of the guys in Gitmo are likely innocent farmers. The people that should be there are the ones we paid to gather up the ones that are in there.
You should do some in depth reading on Gitmo.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Uh.. we have to take care of them until we set them free. I am sure if they had a choice between living in a hell hole prison camp where they are force fed through their nose, where their religious texts and items are constantly confiscated and they have no family, and have been for 10 years OR they could go home, I bet they'd choose home.

Most really are innocent. Whoever wrote that they have anything better than anyone really was a neocon loony. Like I said they were abducted by muslim extremists and given our tax payer dollars in exhange. They grabbed anyone (except fellow extremists).

You know I'm a libertarian and financially conservative, but GITMO is wrong. I want to stop paying money on it, but by closing it. It's a joke. If we are going to keep them against their will though we have to give them something (trust me it's not as much as the article makes it out).
edit on 30-6-2013 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
And forgive me if I come off as a dick, I've been agitated arguing the same arguments in the Zimmerman thread for days with no progress.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

The GITMO detainees are getting extremely well feed. To the point that they are getting fat ...

Make that FORCE fed, which costs a good deal more than a plate of beans and rice. These political prisoners would prefer to starve to death and they have tried to do that, but your government and the corporations your government represents insist on keeping them alive, imprisoned and force fed.

Likewise, it is your government and the corporations they work so hard to keep supplied with steak and lobster that is responsible for any starving americans.

it's not even close to Auschwitz.

Glad to see you're at least familiar with the geography of it. That's about the extent of your knowledge..

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm sorry Flyers, but your OP is a complete nonsense.

What America should do is close this borderline-war crime legal black hole in an 'enemy' country and either charge those held there for trial or release them.

It's literally astonishing that a country that worships the concept of 'freedom' should be indefinitely holding citizens of other nations without charge or access to legal representation. The simple fact this facility isn't located within the United States itself demonstrates the dubious moral and legal foundations that underpin it.

As for them being terrorists - given they haven't been charged or the evidence for their detention been publically tested at trial - you have no way of knowing what these detainees are, or have alleged to have done.

It's amazing that so many intelligent Americans are prepared to wave away human rights and due legal process simply because they're told those involved are 'terrorists'.

And that's before we even get to the outrageous abuses that we know have occured there.

edit on 30-6-2013 by KingIcarus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Over half of the people there have already been cleared for release because they were wrongly accused.

Weekly Standard - State Dept says GITMO Recidivism Rate Doubled

Many are committed to JIHAD and return to the battlefield and to terrorist activities when released.

edit on 6/30/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

And?

The US is bloody sending the terrorists $millions and offensive arms and defensive equipment in Syria...yet these 'terrorists' are somehow different to the gitmo ones eh? The only difference is the Syrian terrorists are useful for the US to use and get them to 'do their thing' in Syria and probably Iran.

I'm afraid i agree with a previous poster, you are ignorant OP, your support for a certain megalomaniacal state in the region is blinding you to the reality of flithy world politics...or perhaps it isn't.

But don't worry about the souls trapped and imprisoned without trial in Gitmo eating luxury foods...most of the poor buggers are on hunger strike.

If you're as jealous of them as you pretend to be, and not simply trying to stir up support against Muslims again, i'm sure there's room for you and yours in a similar establishment if you're up for continuous, lifelong incarceration without trial and charge...it's a fairly easy club to get into...just mouth off against the government, learn a little arabic and shout god is great at the top of your lungs in an airport...you too will be sharing their 'luxury lifestyle' quick smart.

When that happens i'd like to be able to say you could come and tell us all what a wonderful lifestyle we're all missing out on...but you won't be able to find your way to a computer..what with the blindfolds and handcuffs..and the stress positions you're forced into make it hard to type...

Blimey, some people will say anything to get their propaganda across.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   

We are spending a fortune to bend over backwards for these terrorist prisoners of war. They have a better life than many Americans. Better food. Better medical care. Better housing. And yet many Americans send their kids to school hungry. Many Americans live in rat infested inner city housing. Many Americans are homeless. Many American children are stuck attending schools that are dangerous beyond belief. Many Americans suffer from lack of medical care. But the terrorist prisoners at GITMO get it all, and even thumb their plumped up noses at the high end gym equipment because it was 'made by infidels'.

This is the fault of successive American governments who have systematically wasted America's huge wealth, not the detainees at a prison camp on a Communist island. And, I'm afraid it has to be said, a huge amount of that money has been wasted on America's egotistical perception of itself as 'world police'.

The entire cost of Gitmo from it's inception to right now is just a drop in the ocean compared to the cost of righting the social and economic disparity that characterises modern America.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I had a good chuckle at this thread and the astounding ignorance from the op.

The people of gitmo consist of innocent people caught up in the war as well as Afghans defending thier homeland from invasion.

The terrorist propanga name is getting really old.
Can you give proof any of these attacked our country?

Most Afghans cant even find America on a map.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

so are you saying food that is religously correct for them is better than what we can get if we work for it? You realize that in any prison in the U.S. they have to accept your religious freedom and let you comply with the tenets of your faith right.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

I notice that you ignored the fact that many of those being held are without basic Human rights, have not been charged and have not had any court appearances. How convenient for you.

As for the "insult", I just said that you should be embarrassed for comparing the small spending on GITMO to the massive economic problem of American citizens. I stand by it, you should be embarrassed.

In a nation where billions are wasted through outsourcing, where billions are being spent spying on your own citizens, where hundreds of thousands are locked up for stealing a candy bar or cashing a fraudulent check, it's embarrassing to see an American claiming GITMO is a holiday camp and the money should be spent elsewhere.

Sorry, but your credibility with me is diminished, I'll tell it like it is.
edit on 30-6-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
.....added the official, who requested anonymity!

So, another story that can't be verified?

Why are Americans going hungry? Is it the fault of the Guantanamo inmates? Is it the culmination of some dastardlay Islamic plot hatched and implemented by the inmates?

Oh no! It's not their fault, it's the too big to fail banks and their bought and paid for criminal politicians, but hey, lets turn the spotlight off them and blame it on the eeeevil mooooosilims in the Guantanamo hotel.

Seriously! Who comes up with this stuff?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join