It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who cares about inventions, discoveries and knowledge?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Ive been visiting thsi site and others on a personal jurney to find the truth. Now that i've discovered many truths about myself and what knowledge can bring, i dont want any of it. Knowledge can make or break a society and it's impacts can be far reaching depending on what it is. So all you guys and gals endlessly looking for knowledge, i implore you to stop, go out to the lake, walk around look at the plants and animals with wonder, and live in that moment for the rest of your life. Because in spite of the things you could learn, wonder is where our human race belongs.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
reply to post by truthermantwo

They say that ignorance is bliss, and patience is a virtue, therefore one can have a great life by being stupid and not minding waiting around for things.

If it wasn't for wonder, we as a species would still be living in the savannahs of africa, eating plants and throwing poo at one another.

Wonder leads to questioning, questioning leads to experimentation, experimentation leads to knowledge, knowledge leads to power.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
We can do all those things you suggest with technology also.
I care a great deal about discoveries, invention and knowledge they are part of our inquisitive nature.
Also without these things you wouldn't be able to tell us all this..

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

...and power leads to war, war leads to pestilence..so on and so forth.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
We can do all those things you suggest with technology also.
I care a great deal about discoveries, invention and knowledge they are part of our inquisitive nature.
Also without these things you wouldn't be able to tell us all this..

whats known as a catch 22, there's another invention, i just happen to be a 22.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Knowledge and wonderment need not be mutually exclusive - they kind of complement eachother... no??

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Its our preoccupation with envy, greed, and hate that make the equation of knowledge, power, and wonderment a little murky. If you factor in Intent then things could change for the better. Until out Intent cleans up and the motivational factors are more beneficial and not so self serving you may be right.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I embrace knowledge and learning with a passion

That doesn't stop being awestruck by nature and the wonderment of life

Cody

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Seems you've been overloaded. Happens to everybody here. Relax, you'll be hungry again.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
That's funny, I just got off the phone with my business partner - we are talking about starting a research center to make ground-breaking discoveries in nuclear physics and quantum psychology.

You are on the right track, though. We know from first-hand experience that many scientists in academia actively try to suppress ideas that go against theirs because they perceive them as threats - and many scientists in the corporate field engage in corporate espionage, sabotage and secrecy.

If we succeed in making our research center, it's going to go against and not be funded by anyone in mainstream academia

If you want to make a difference in this world as a scientist, you are going to have to cover your bases and be constantly vigilant because there are a lot of greedy people out there who don't want the truth to get out because it compromises their money or power.

Successfully navigating the field, in my opinion, is made easier by having an independent research center funded by like-minded people with the resources it needs - and moving forward from that into the world and being able to confront leading scientists on their level and provide empirical evidence against their long-standing hierarchy.

Anyway, good idea to look at the pond, Sir.
edit on 30-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
That's funny, I just got off the phone with my business partner - we are talking about starting a research center to make ground-breaking discoveries in nuclear physics and quantum psychology.

You are on the right track, though. We know from first-hand experience that many scientists in academia actively try to suppress ideas that go against theirs because they perceive them as threats - and many scientists in the corporate field engage in corporate espionage, sabotage and secrecy.

If we succeed in making our research center, it's going to go against and not be funded by anyone in mainstream academia.

this is exactly my point, what if you discover something you cant handle without going further perhaps designing a machine your mind has to control the rest of your existence, you would be trapped in a machine, then who knows what would happen.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   

I'm glad you took something from that. There's no harm in doing what you are doing.

Although I'm a curious person, I like to learn about the world around me - even living in the moment, I might be interested in figuring out new recipes, better ways to shop, gardening, or exploring a video game.

There are ways you can learn and explore the world around you, and its often more lucrative then trying to put every single piece together :-)

Which I like to do. Because I'm an over-achiever. But I do it because it's fun.

Next thing you know, though, I'll be stuck in a bunch of bureaucracy and diplomacy and not get to video game anymore lol.

Oh, meanwhile add the part about trying not to get corrupted and constantly fighting corruption and that's a lot of energy lol.

I think the key is to not want power or want money - which means, in order to make a difference, I have to be able to be content going on a walk at the lake and everything else is a bonus. :-)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

So, in essence, in order to make good inventions, discoveries or knowledge you have to be detached from them - they can't be your existence, you have to not care about them, like in your O.P. - they could be something you visit, have fun with, walk away from, and come back to later.

What's the core? The core has to be what you are saying, that is what should give a good person their energy, therefore, they are able to interact with all that other stuff without emotional interference, or even leave it behind without a second thought.

Is a successful business one in which the business owner is interested in money-grabbing and harming customers? Is a successful invention one in which the inventor is more interested in hiding useful parts of their invention due to fear and never actually uses them?

No!

The successful company comes from the heart, the successful invention from the person who is not attached, who does not care if their ideas are stolen!

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthermantwo

this is exactly my point, what if you discover something you cant handle without going further perhaps designing a machine your mind has to control the rest of your existence, you would be trapped in a machine, then who knows what would happen.

You're right. I would much rather take a nap and play some One Finger Death Punch.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   
there was supposed to be a youtube video here but my lack of downloading knowledge prevents success.

Ironic given the topic

edit on 30-6-2013 by grubblesnert because: lack of knowledge

P.S. ("Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son" Dean Wormer (sp) Animal House)
edit on 30-6-2013 by grubblesnert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Feel free to be the mouse, however, I'd rather be the Eagle.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

On a site whose motto is "deny ignorance", your advice is: bask in it?

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   

So all you guys and gals endlessly looking for knowledge, i implore you to stop

To what end?

If you haven't the knowledge to live, you won't.

go out to the lake, walk around look at the plants and animals with wonder, and live in that moment for the rest of your life.

I'd rather know what i'm looking and then have to wonder.
edit on 30-6-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

i know what im saying sounds crazy and impossible, but when i say this im thinking of governments that seek so much knowledge they turn evil and use it on their own people, Godless freaks who "harp" every day ceaselessly. People who's mouths should be sewn shut and brain consistently shocked to prevent them from using their toys o people. I think you can all guess what kind of technology im getting at. And why i want its knowledge destroyed and forgotten.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Ive been visiting thsi site and others on a personal jurney to find the truth. Now that i've discovered many truths about myself and what knowledge can bring, i dont want any of it. Knowledge can make or break a society and it's impacts can be far reaching depending on what it is. So all you guys and gals endlessly looking for knowledge, i implore you to stop, go out to the lake, walk around look at the plants and animals with wonder, and live in that moment for the rest of your life. Because in spite of the things you could learn, wonder is where our human race belongs.

Your avatar is really working for you. Good job.

top topics

join