It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Grand Illusion: World Peace

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

The idea of 'world peace' is an idea based on a great misunderstanding. There is no world - the world appears as an idea in mind and if the mind is not at peace it will be in conflict - it then assumes there is conflict in the world. The only conflict (not peace) there is, is in mind - mind/thought is dualistic so it will always conflict.
To each their own. You can live inside your mind all you want. I choose to live in my world, not yours.

'Your world' is an illusion.
There is only what is happening presently.
There is no 'world'. 'World' is a word, it is a concept, an idea.

'World peace' is an idea that one might have to stop the suffering/not peace/conflict - but the suffering is felt as what is happening. The idea is that if the world was at peace then I would be at peace. Really though, one must inquire into what 'the world' actually is and find the one who is suffering conflict (not peace).
edit on 30-6-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
World peace is not an illusion.
Arguments between nations do not equal war.

Acceptance and understanding of one an other is enough to be claimed as being world peace and this is something we can surely achieve.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by theMediator

well in the post he used the common definition of world peace which was offered by wikipedia ... if you have a different definition for your "world peace" then i suppose it doesn't apply , but if you read the post he explains how and why he posted this.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join