It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden on Twitter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:16 AM
link   
twitter.com...

Its very worthwhile following this account. You do not need to be a member of Twitter, just click on link above.

What he says, links he flags, references he makes, its all very interesting.

You have to guess this guy has some pretty good inside knowledge. So the stuff this guy is flagging could be worth paying attention to.

I certainly don't know what is true and what is not so there is no point in me highlighting some of the stories Snowden has. Make your own mind up.

I do know that anyone who is a member of ATS should be paying attention to this twitter account and what this person is trying to draw your attention to.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Defn not convinced it's him. You can change your twitter handle name. He also links to this site always www.chronicle.su... like he is spamming that site.

But I've followed this user anyway for now

edit on 30-6-2013 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

He says that the scars on Obama's head are from cybernetic implants?

WTH. Seems pretty far out there.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Yeah, if I had to guess, it is an attempt to discredit the real Snowden.
Making him look like a nutter.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Just FYI, Glenn Greenwald (@ggreenwald) has tweeted about a billion times that Snowden does not have a Twitter account.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Archie

a billion times.

that's a lot.

it must take up ALL of glens twitter feed.

i wonder does glen know why the latest guardian story on NSA was taken down shortly after it was posted?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

The story was taken down because they did not do a background check on Madsen, who falls in their catergory of "conspiracy nutter" , till after it was posted. They have a reputation to keep up ( I'm guessing) and for them to leave article up would be like endorsing an opinion of someone here on ATS.

But with 4 new information slides posted in Washington Post (updated 6/29/) showing flow of international SIGCOL (signal collection) through international zones.
www.washingtonpost.com...

(so endorses the information given by Madsen)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by bowaconstricta

The story was taken down because they did not do a background check on Madsen, who falls in their catergory of "conspiracy nutter" , till after it was posted.

can you show me where the guardian has said this is the reason for removing said article.

thank you.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
First problem is: I clicked on the link and the new page jammed my browser pages. Most twitter doesn't do that, why just that one?

That's not The Real Snowden. That's an impostor group. Male and female angles to the speech, late teens early twenties. Think about it, why would a person who ran for his life, is all over the media, and suddenly it's a good idea before he's potentially under arrest or assassinated, to post random junk on a twitter feed, with background pages of the PLA or something like that, while he's sitting in Moscow with a canceled passport? You do realize if he gets caught and brought back to the US that he will go through a trial and has bigger things to think about than Obama's 24th century implants, right? Do people even know who owns Twitter?

What the world needs is an uploaded video from Snowden.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum

Originally posted by bowaconstricta

The story was taken down because they did not do a background check on Madsen, who falls in their catergory of "conspiracy nutter" , till after it was posted.

can you show me where the guardian has said this is the reason for removing said article.

thank you.

Before they took down the article i had already copied a lot of it and posted it here www.abovetopsecret.com...
Then when I went back to comment on it it had been taken down so I was all convinced that the paper was being preassured etc. Then a link from a comment in another thread led me to www.privacysurgeon.org...
Upon seeing the photo of Madsen a little alarm bel went off in my head as I recalled seeing various videos of him over the years and put 2 and 2 together.. The guardian is still a MSM paper and aren't quite ready to hear about building 7 etc..on 9/11. ( & the other things Madsen is known to talk about (with Alex jones etc) Readers would dismiss the claims of Madsen anyway.
Now the original link leads to a similar story originally bywww.guardian.co.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink"> Der Spiegel
So they didn't come out with a statement to explain their actions, but to me and many others it would be the obvious conclusion.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I am the real Edward Snowden.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491
I am the real Edward Snowden.

Cool.
Who is running the United States behind the scene.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Originally posted by butcherguy
Cool.
Who is running the United States behind the scene.

I can't discuss that right now.

Me and Vladimir are on our way to the animal shelter to drop off 100 puppies we just rescued from a fire.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Considering the activity before around June 16th was maybe 1 - 3 tweets a week, and after june 16th, like a dozen a day, i'm thinking this is definitely a journalist from the chronicle's twitter account, because all the tweets from the beginning of the year and before were links to internet chronicle articles...
edit on 30-6-2013 by ML8715 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Archie

Since you are a Snowden supporter, what do you think about the fact that he hated leakers so much just 4 years ago and now he is one. I think it's great to get info out, I am just not wholly convinced myself. The things that make me doubt are that he was opposed to leakers originally, that he seems to highlight all he has given up and acts like he's guilty (saying he knows he could be tried under the espionage act wth?) as if to dissuade other wouldbe leakers. Also what good is a giant surveillance program if people don't know about it? It could be a controlled leak because when people are aware they are being watched they change their behavior and their paranoia controls them more than the govt ever could. Finally, something about how he maintains focus on him and the style of how he did his interview and hiring a professional videographer seems very government job.

Just saying.. something to consider. I don't hate him or think he's all that bad. He was a Ron Paul supporter which I dig.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Doubting it could be his as the comments progress to later in time, they become more conspiracy minded that may make even people on ATS call him a kook. Also, comments refer to it as he never had a Twitter, then again with media that's hard to find people without them. I don't know that much about Twitter, I hear though you can change your user name, which may be what happened to account for past posts. Can you change dates/make new posts look older if all that information if it was a new account? Someone would have to have taken a lot of time to make him appear juvenile(one can say he does in that chat logs too) as it appears discrediting the good information presented.

Update: According to more sources as well as Snowden himself :< Looks like name was changed, the account is fake.
edit on 30-6-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Ahahah theres no way in hell that's him, seriously you can link the way he talks to some 18 year old troll.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
you don't want answers, you want to troll so bite me. i ain't wasting my time.

edit on 30-6-2013 by Archie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
^If directed toward me, no I wasn't trolling I am looking at varying details.

One source of many pointing towards a fake Twitter account:

In typical fashion for fake Twitter accounts (which often are designed to gain a lot of new followers quickly by spoofing or tracking a big news story), the @ejosephsnowden account was one that had previously been created and used before the scandal erupted. Its owner likely renamed an existing Twitter account when the spying story erupted and added a photo of the real Edward Snowden to the renamed Twitter page, making it appear to a casual visitor that it might actually be Snowden's Twitter account.

source

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamingawake

No, it was directed at GogoVicMorrow. I should have included the Reply to bit. Sorry.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join