It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to unveil broad African electrical power initiative

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
LOL this guy:

Obama to Africa: Be wary of foreign powers, even United States

He should know.

“I’m calling for America to up our game when it comes to Africa,” Mr. Obama said in a speech at the University of Cape Town in South Africa

Time to up their game eh?

Game of what ?

How to ' Buy friends and influence enemies ?

edit on 30-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I would be very happy if more African people got access to power, because I have seen first hard some of the living conditions of these people and the poverty they endure.

But I am pretty convinced that the reason the US administration would make these efforts is to further their global agenda for domination and to continue empowering the oil companies who have no regard for human quality of life or well being, and only have global power and profit in mind. I rather hope not!

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I'm unclear; where is the money coming from?

This can't possibly be an American taxpayer - paid initiative; we're broke and even Obama knows that. If it's an investment by corporations I'd be suspicious also, but perhaps philanthropists are involved? Hopefully...

Who is this exactly: U.S. Overseas Private Investment Corp?
edit on 30-6-2013 by signalfire because: addendum

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Thats hilarious!

Well, its not but how much doublespeak can one man be capable of?
So far I think he holds the record.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by neo96

Thats hilarious!

Well, its not but how much doublespeak can one man be capable of?
So far I think he holds the record.

Yeah it is double speak it's like,' Afriica can trust the Us as long as he's there, after he's gone don't' . as if.

LOL.

Don't trust this administration any further than one could throw it.
edit on 30-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by signalfire

Who is this exactly: U.S. Overseas Private Investment Corp?
edit on 30-6-2013 by signalfire because: addendum

Does Soros qualify?

In partnership with a government fund initiated by Barack Obama, philanthropist and billionaire activist George Soros is investing in a private equity company that just launched in the Palestinian territories.

The company, Siraj Fund Management Company, says it was created "for the sole purpose of managing investment funds in Palestine."

The new company's website repeatedly refers to what it calls the "country" of "Palestine." There is, however, no such country as Palestine. Siraj is apparently referring to territories controlled by the Palestinian Authority.

...This week, Siraj Fund Management Company, the first private equity fund in the Palestinian territories, officially launched in the West Bank city of Ramallah.

Soros' Economic Development Fund invested in the new group alongside the U.S. government-owned Overseas Private Investment Corporation, or OPIC.

OPIC is an independent agency of the US government that mobilizes private sector investment in new and emerging markets overseas.

In 2009, OPIC created its Global Technology and Innovation Fund, which invested in Siraj, in response to an initiative by Obama to launch an investment group to support technological development in Muslim-majority countries.

The initiative followed Obama's historic address to the Muslim world from Cairo, Egypt in June 2009.

www.wnd.com...

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
,' Afriica can trust the Us as long as he's there, after he's gone don't' . as if.

Indeed. Well look what the cat drug home....

Seems Obama has some help from his cronies, Soros, and of course, Bill Gates!
Such philanthropists! Seems Medical Credit Fund, an OPIC loan recipient that is providing financing
to many of the small, private healthcare clinics in Sub-Saharan Africa that serve low-income populations throughout the continent that can not even obtain small loans from traditional banks to buy equipment.

Its superman Obama!

The first meeting with OPIC occurred right after they won the SME challenge and OPIC’s willingness to take this on helped bring on a lot of other support. They were able to get commitments from the Dutch Ministry, USAID, Soros (the Soros Economic Development Fund), Calvert Foundation, and then Deutsche Bank and Gates Foundation.
www.opic.gov... partner-of-total-impact-advisors

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
frazzle got to the bigger picture before i did.

but yes, get africa to plug-in. that means infrastructure, service and support. it also means billing and DEBT. The large of the world is owned by the banking elite and in turn through corporations and so on down the line till you get to the little guy consumer.

In a way africa is the last uncontrolled continent. get everybody to opt in to the system and you can control them. if they don't care about the system and aren't plugged in they cant be truly conquered, only controlled through violent military means and fear. However that is not how THEY operate, but rather with invisible chains which we elect to put on ourselves. THAT, is true power and control.

an example is where the privatized water companies tried this, they piped in water then slapped a meter on it at exorbitant rates to places where people relied more on trade than money. not only that, but in many areas the water was often shut off more than it was on so the faucets had to be left open at all times because no one knew when the waer was on, meanwhile air was flowing through the pipes and causing the meters to register a charge. i don't have a linkable source but anyone interested in what i just mentioned and the looming global water crisis may wish to have a look at the documentary entitled BLUE GOLD: WORLD WATER WARS. it is distributed freely and can be found on torrent sites, youtube, and from their own website.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Well, let me stick my neck out here, but please read before all you anti-Obama fruitcakes lop off my head at the shoulders for not jumping on the bandwagon.....

Lets go back a few hundred years, before education was allowed to the common peasants, and books were protected commodities afforded only to the powerful.

Knowledge was power, no different than now.

Then the printing press was invented, and slowly but surely knowledge became a way out of poverty, a way into forward progression. A means to developing economies.

Now ff all the way to now.

A president has the power and intelligence to bring forward modern technologies that will not only help developing countries, but that would help them to move closer to international access to knowledge.

But then you guys say, no, we shouldnt help bring many billions of people closer to education, closer to access of goods and services,.... closer to learning to the point of excersizing bad politics and evil dictators into oblivion.

But no, some of you suggest we should hoard the ability for ourselves and use our countries assetts and capital,..to just keep for ourselves.

What a bunch of selfish self-important petulant people.

I am sorry bout my words if they hurt,... but why must it be anti-american? Why must it be anti-obama? This site is always anti-every-president. I have been a member here for many years, And for many years it just gets kinda old to sit and watch (no matter who is in office), the hatred and politically biased fear mongering that gets so spitefully propagated here, with plain and simple ignorance.

OK, that was wayy over the top, I agree.

But why should our government hoard our countries assetts and spend them exclusively on commercial private infrastructure, that if has decayed, was the fault of the corporate big-wigs that would rather pay themselves and the shareholders, than to keep the infrastructure running.

Why is it so wrong to help out someone. Or maybe even a billion people.

Oh, thats right, nobody else deserves the benefits of our countries ability to move forward, except the same citizens who whine about paying taxes in the first place.

Now, rant over. ***lays head on chopping block and awaits ultimate demise***

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This is globalism.

Stuff will be constructed in Africa, but aside from bribes, money will be spent in America and Europe.

This money will migrate from the big investors and American taxpayers to the coffers of firms like Haliburton and Kellogg Brown Root. Corrupt African officials will sign away natural resources as collateral on development loans that they will not be able to pay back because the specifications for development projects will be artificially inflated to reflect "expected economic returns" that vastly exceed true probable expectations.

African countries will, as a result of this, default on loans and then cede control of resources and profits therefrom to the big lenders.

This is the established modus operandi of America's "economic hit men" as detailed by John Perkins in his well known exposé of these practices, Confessions of an Economic Hit Man.

en.wikipedia.org...

Economic hit men (EHMs) are highly-paid professionals who cheat countries around the globe out of trillions of dollars. They funnel money from the World Bank, the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), and other foreign "aid" organizations into the coffers of huge corporations and the pockets of a few wealthy families who control the planet's natural resources. Their tools included fraudulent financial reports, rigged elections, payoffs, extortion, sex, and murder. They play a game as old as empire, but one that has taken on new and terrifying dimensions during this time of globalization.

This book came out a few years ago and is very well known. Many government officials and many citizens in African countries will be very familiar with it. I personally gave my copy to someone from Eritrea, who hadn't read it but knew how the scam worked already.

Any significant African in a position to prevent this kind of thing from happening or in a position to drive a hard bargain with "Santa" will be offered a golden handshake under the table. If, like Omar Torrijos formerly of Panama, he won't play ball with the globalists, he will be eliminated. Then someone like President Torrijos' successor, Manuel Noriega, will be put in his place and a fun time will be had by all, as subsequent events proved in Panama.

Gaddafi would have and was in the process of, giving sub-Saharan Africa a much better deal than it will ever get out the Amero/Euro trash it has to deal with now.

edit on 30-6-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
hmmmm....

And Ghaddaffi wanted to do the same.

IMO, this is only in preparation for the future invading forces that will tear the Continent apart in search of all of those resources the West needs.

Can't go to war without taking over the power stations right?

Set up the grid and then invade.

Peace
I thought the Chinese were in the process of that starting with the ghost series.I can truly see that happening.A showdown over resources: in Africa.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by smirkley

Well, let me stick my neck out here, but please read before all you anti-Obama fruitcakes

So we are either with you or we're against you (fruitcakes).

Where have I heard that before?

Peace

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Who The HELL does Obama think he is.. President of Africa?

7 billion for Africa could be 7 billion to feed starving American children. Could be 7 billion to develop new non oil based energy resources. 7 billion could do a LOT for US where it's needed.

Hey Obama, Go to HELL you scumbag.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You are personally not stating it but giving an hint and people are responding in kind.

The US (and any other nations) does not give away anything, most are even strictly run like corporations (that are by nature psychopathic and only interested in the bottom line, not in social improvements and global well being), the few that do not behave in this "terroristic" way long ago became irrelevant as they can't compete in a world where "its the economy idiot" replaced "its the people idiot". Governments in general no longer not plan to improve people's futures they plan to improve each one egotistical and short sighted economic interests above all else, at the cost of future generations everywhere...

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
What is wrong with the President giving away American Tax dollars? Everything.The American people worked hard for their money and taxes are required to be paid for essential and necessary government services. Every other use of tax payer money is illegal. Unfortunately many elected officials don't seem to care and carry out their own agendas.

The article linked in the original posting did not specify the source of funds or I missed it. If the funds are coming from private groups I'll be happy to applaud the President for helping out the poor people in Africa. As is, the American people do not have enough funds to even pay our own government debts. Politicians spending money we don't have is the problem. Of course if you give away money you don't have and then just print more, everything is just fine with a large percentage of the population apparently. Then they complain when food and gas prices keep going up and can't seem to figure out why. Ok my rant is over with.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Those are the seven million that his is making government workers, (no the high end earners in government but regular Americans that live from paycheck to paycheck), to give away with forced furlongs this year.

He is frog king Robinhood that is stealing from hard working Americans salaries to pay the Warlords comforts in Africa.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I think this is about General Electric. The General Electric CEO is the economic advisor to the POTUS. Ge is going to make a lot of money building the electrical infrastructure in Africa. If things don't work out with China, then Africa will be Ge's "second home market".

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Here we are on the verge of collapse and Obama wants to build power poles in Africa and wants Us citizens to pay for it. With Obama's reasoning we might as well run power lines and erect lamp posts in the tribal jungles of the Amazon too. LOL!! Either Obama is officially insane or he's the antichrist. This guy is going to take us down into the abyss.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Who The HELL does Obama think he is.. President of Africa?

7 billion for Africa could be 7 billion to feed starving American children. Could be 7 billion to develop new non oil based energy resources. 7 billion could do a LOT for US where it's needed.

Hey Obama, Go to HELL you scumbag.

I wonder now. If I move to Africa, will Obama help pay my electric bill?
He sure as hell isn't paying any of it now.

In fact, his anti-COAL/OIL stance will drive my bill even higher.

Thanks, pal.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Those African countries better watch out, they will get Saudi Arabianed!

IE, their infrastructure will be maintained by the good 'ol USN (united states of nazi's). I see an engineering and corporation getting stinking rich.

Tragic. Hell, they have to counter Chinese influence someway. The hole world is scrambling for resources in Africa, it's the reason why that place is a mess in the first place. Just terrible.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join