It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to unveil broad African electrical power initiative

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Oh goodness.. I thought we had sequester going on and demands of budget cutting with finances being so bad, tours of the White House can't even be allowed for lack of staff support. Yet... Look here? There appears to be money! ...for the right thing, naturally.

Pointing to Africa's crippling lack of electrical power, President Barack Obama is due to announce on Sunday a $7 billion initiative over five years to double access to power in sub-Saharan Africa.

Deciding that somehow it's our problem to solve, our President has apparently decreed billions more need spread across Africa. Far and wide, as it turns out.

The United States will initially work with Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Liberia, Nigeria and Tanzania to develop electric power generation, officials said. It will also cooperate with Uganda and Mozambique on oil and gas management.

The program will draw on a range of U.S. government agencies to achieve its goals. For example, the U.S. Overseas Private Investment Corp will commit as much as $1.5 billion in finance and insurance to help U.S. companies manage the risks associated with the projects.

Similarly, the U.S. Export-Import Bank will make up to $5 billion available to support U.S. exports to develop power projects, the officials said.
Source

I wonder if this gives more context to a thread I'd done awhile back which hadn't made much sense at that point in time.

Expanded US Combat Plans Across Africa??

So it's off to build power lines, plants and transmission infrastructure across some of the more remote and difficult nations (for a variety of reasons) on Earth. Okay...Now the need for medical evacuation support in advance and with immediately available deployment when called makes sense. Just how long has some of this been planned, I wonder?

I bet that 7 billion could have bought quite a bit of what was sequestered here at home. Wasn't the original Sequester figure 81 billion itself or something? Of course, that's grown much since then.....and we're still bank and financier to the world. Nothing much ever changes.

Deep in Africa ....actually deep there building things.. What could possibly go wrong?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I am so glad we can get electricity to those war lords over
there, id hate to see them suffer without modern amenities,
i mean to behead people out in that heat must be hard
work, not to mention how hot their AK's must get in that
heat, also im sure their electronic devices need power
so they can make sure and intercept all the food so they
can feed their troops, an army marches on its stomach
after all, i bet the originators of this idea also supported
giving weapons to Egypt and their new government as well,
its so nice that the U.S. supports these guys, how would they
do what they do without us........

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

Well, I certainly do find it interesting that he has no qualms about spreading the pain around America but comes full of gifts and give aways when he's overseas.

Does he see himself as the AMERICAN President or leader to the world? I think he's delusional about keeping perspective on that.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I would really rather spend my money else where. How bout we strengthen our infrastructure here in the U.S.? Opps! There I go again, using logic...my bad Mr.President!

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Pointing to Africa's crippling lack of electrical power, President Barack Obama is due to announce on Sunday a $7 billion initiative over five years to double access to power in sub-Saharan Africa.

Gee i wonder if its going to be fueled by coal?

Probably.

Yo Obama what about that 7 billion dollars could be better served on American electrical grids.

My tax dollars are paying for someone else in another country to have electricity so they can surf the net.

Meh

edit on 30-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Well, I certainly do find it interesting that he has no qualms about spreading the pain around America but comes full of gifts and give aways when he's overseas.

He's under the delusion that he can buy friends that's his SOP that is the entire ideology behind all foreign aid it's never been about people.

It's all about their governments'.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Well the war lords indeed need to step into Americans capitalism and start joining the elite crowd while building palaces at the expenses of the flesh and blood of the oppressed.

Thank you Obama while people in America goes hungry specially children the new emerging elite in Africa will be having electricity in their very soon newly constructed palaces.

Sometimes I wonder what is wrong with American but you know what people is not America that is wrong is us the people for applauding this type of thievery of Americans hard earned tax dollars

We are in austerity but not the elite that runs this country.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
This is such bull#

We cant have tours of the White House for our school kids, we are cutting services in our national parks, and we have stoped giving our troops in Afghan HOT MEALS but he can go spend OUR MONEY that is taken away from us by threat of force and imprisonment (taxation) to "Spread the wealth" to foreign nations?

Obama, Biden and the other 535 tyrannical pieces of s#@t in DC need to go NOW!

I'm done....going for a nice long hike for the rest of the day. It gets my blood pressure too high to read this crap and see that this man is spitting in the face of our founding principles and the American citizens.

Watch the movies 2016 Obama's America and you will see that this was his plan all along.
edit on 30-6-2013 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but this is a freaking joke. Why waste money building infrastructure across seas when the US is falling apart at the seams...

I get that it's to help them retrieve their natural resources, and the US will without a doubt weasel their way into controlling most of those assets.

However, that doesn't change the fact that this country NEEDS to start putting their funds into reviving a decrepit...well...everything (before it's too late).

This country/world is being run by blockheads.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If you REALLY think about it.. That 7 billion could overhaul America's own power grid against Solar Flairs, and an ICBM EMP attack!! How many millions will be siphoned off and stolen?? A lot, and it still will not be enough to feed everyone.. Let's look at home, and be happy where we were born.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Ah, the mystery of electrical ifrastucture in Africa.

Well, let us remember that Obama just promised to do something about
the ever looming threat of Climate Change.

Distinguished Ladies and Gentlemen, I am delighted to be able to address you on the occasion of the launch of two seminal reports on climate resilience and low-carbon emission in Nigeria by the World Bank. The reports are the products of a multi-tiered collaboration between the Bank and several Ministries, Departments and Agencies of the Federal Government of Nigeria; brought together by the shared understanding they have that climate change represents one of the gravest challenges facing our dear country. It also represents one of the greatest opportunities to grow our economy more sustainably. www.thisdaylive.com...

then, Al Gore is quoted :

As former US Vice President, Al Gore, puts it, “As human beings, we are vulnerable to confusing the unprecedented with the improbable. In our everyday experience, if something has never happened before, we are generally safe in assuming it is not going to happen in the future, but the exceptions can kill you and climate change is one of those exceptions.”

So ladies and gentelmen, what do we have but a sleight of hand,
perhaps this is a dual pronged win win for the masters, as its said
that Aftica has huge reserves of water underneath.

S&F Wrabbit.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Here's the real agenda

"... and it's the connection that's needed to plug Africa into the grid of the global economy," he said.

South Africa is one of the BRICS nations. Oooooh, those bad Africans are trying to escape the global plantation, get on down there Bam and promise them electric lights. Promise them the moon if you have to. (just don't let them see the chains)

United States President Barack Obama and his entourage of business leaders have trade and investment in their sights on their wide-ranging tour of Africa. Wherever they go, Chinese money has probably been there first, and the specter of Beijing's flourishing influence in the region is a vital subtext.
www.atimes.com...
edit on 30-6-2013 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by bloodreviara

Does he see himself as the AMERICAN President or leader to the world? I think he's delusional about keeping perspective on that.
Well,well.So Mr,big wants to play messiah while our broken backs pick up the check.I don't mind trying to bring people into the 21st century but the timing be any worse?Unless he's got an angle somewhere we're not seeing.Are these ridiculous acts meant to demoralize the taxpayers on purpose to the point of just not bothering to fight or a provacation hoping they do so more unconstitutional laws can be passed?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I hope the president isn't just giving American taxpayer dollars away. I hope there is some hidden win win agenda like they get power to surf the Internet and construct mines or whatever and we sell three times that 7 billion investment in American goods and services. Hopefully the President isn't stupid or giving away American tax dollars for nothing. However Obama makes me wonder. I think Presidents should act more like businessmen. What are we the American people going to get out of this? A good deal is a win win so is this a good deal or is the president stealing from Americans and giving it away?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Gee i wonder if its going to be fueled by coal?

Probably.

Yo Obama what about that 7 billion dollars could be better served on American electrical grids.

My tax dollars are paying for someone else in another country to have electricity so they can surf the net.

Meh

May as well throw in satellite TV's as well.Nothing like watching Jon Stewart after a good lion hunt I say.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawg61

May as well throw in satellite TV's as well.Nothing like watching Jon Stewart after a good lion hunt I say.

Thought he would be throwing solar panels.wind turbines, and 'electric cars' to go to and fro over there that is all the 'rage' in us '1st' world countries.

Guess it was more lip service.

Thought the expansion of HIV/AIDS programs like his prediecessor did would be more important.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Obama solution to climate change, tax Americans to death, give away to foreign countries and tell everybody that you can fix and reverse Earth climate cycles, because is human fault

I have to say this, but Bush used to spend like a drunken sailor and look what happen in 2008, now we got Obama, I bet we will see the results of his drunken spending in 2016.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
I hope the president isn't just giving American taxpayer dollars away.

Its known as wealth redistribution. Of course, from there they get creative
with what NWO scheme they throw it into. This one happens to be
under the scheme of Climate Change....and its perfect timing.

Its also time for a regime change.
edit on 30-6-2013 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This thread makes me think of this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... Where I was ridiculed for proposing the idea that the gentleman should have used his 'smarts' for something more useful and productive to the populous as a whole, you know, something other than a computer printer.

See, that guy could be doing what's costing another Country billions of dollars to do when said Country has financial problems of its own. Yet instead, He'd rather make 3d printers instead of helping his own Country and surrounding Countries.
edit on 30-6-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
hmmmm....

And Ghaddaffi wanted to do the same.

IMO, this is only in preparation for the future invading forces that will tear the Continent apart in search of all of those resources the West needs.

Can't go to war without taking over the power stations right?

Set up the grid and then invade.

Peace

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join