It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Society's first openly accepted pedophile

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by shrevegal
...I always feel like when a performer has to resort to those kind of tactics, that perhaps their "talents" aren't that good to begin with...hence, the obscene "moves". While folks are paying attention to all of that...they may not be noticing how much the persons performance truly stinks.

That isn't why they do it.

No one ever accused Michael Jackson of not being an extraordinarily talented performer. Certainly, he didn't do all those obscene crotch grabs to detract from any supposed lack of skills.

The same goes for his sister, Janet. Her reputation as an amazing performer has never been in question, and she also does the crotch grab. As well, who could forget about her infamous wardrobe malfunction during the '04 Superbowl.

Other artists, Madonna, for example, have also made ample use of obscene gestures; though with or without the effect, they'd still be well known/loved performers.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I agree. Their talent isn't in question...just the motive.

But, these things generate controversy, and controversy = people talking about it....buzz.

Heck, just look at people like Paris Hilton or Kim Kardashian. These two basically used a sex tape scandal's exposure to then capitalize and become a product themselves, even without talent. Buzz is a powerful thing,

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by okayimhere

okayimhere and Gazrok,
I liked Micheal Jackson in his early days and yes, talent was evident...same with Madonna...I liked watching/singing along to her early works as well...No denying that talent can be present even while acting like an arse. Heck, some of my fav rockers are guilty of "the move". Perhaps I have gotten too far off track relevant to this thread/topic. Talent is fine...exhibitionism is something to question and ponder. Heck, I liked MJ so much, I even did an oil painting of him with his infamous "glitter glove" and glam costume from an album shot. I am being misunderstood again. I don't hate those performers but I just don't understand why they do what they do.

Sure, it may be all about the "buzz" and media attention and for publicity...I get that. Surely, there are more important things in this world to ponder and discuss tho. Less "buzz" needs to be paid attention to, relevant to such things, and more "chatter" and "buzz" paid attention to the human condition, the state of the world...starving, abused, children and kids suffering from the ravages of war. While folks are concerning themselves about the media garbage, kids and other people all over the world are suffering. Wars are taking place and some poor kids somewhere have a lot more to worry about and think about than some performer doing their thing.

I never said I hated any of the performers...I just did not understand their dealy. Folks have explained the so-called reasons...I get it relevant to all of that...I just don't "get" why folks give a hoot. I guess that is why the human condition is what it is today. Sure, we can't worry about such every minute but we should give it all more pause for thought instead of defending such ridiculous stuff when the world is going to "H" in a hand basket and future kids right along with it. If folks can't "get" that and continue to worry about the "buzz and the reasons for it...well...sad state of affairs. I am done responding here.

I never named specific performers relevant to their talents...it was a generalization in reference to "some" performers, not necessarily the ones mentioned in the topic. We all know there are "some" that fit the bill....not all. Like I said, I liked MJ and did an oil painting of him when he was young and I could see he had an innocence about him back then and a talent as well. I thought Madonna was pretty and cool back in the early days. It just seemed to me, they seemed to change as they got older and that is confusing to me. Folks would have loved to go see their shows without the "extra" stuff involved, that's all.

If anyone here wants to think of me as a mean, prudish ole hag just because I don't understand something...o.k.
We may never know the truth relevant to MJ and at this point, it is all moot. He's dead. The world is a mess...no one will ever know the truth about MJ.
edit on 4-7-2013 by shrevegal because: spelling error

PS. My MS is killing me today with lotsa sympt/pain so if I am being a"pain" because of it, sorry...not in a very good mood. Perhaps I should stop the "forum" thing. Blessings to all regardless.
edit on 4-7-2013 by shrevegal because: Added a thought.[/editby

If "Buzz" is such a powerful thing. than perhaps we should all use it for more postive reasons and outcomes to benefilt the world in general...not to benefit pop stars.
edit on 4-7-2013 by shrevegal because: Added a thought.
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

If anyone here wants to think of me as a mean, prudish ole hag just because I don't understand something...o.k.

I can only speak for myself, but I don't think of you in that way; you haven't given me any reason to. I may think you're a bit sensitive and prone to dramatics, but a 'prudish ole hag'...? Nah. Then again, I'm not really familiar with your posting style yet. Maybe I'll see your point a little later on. lol

We may never know the truth relevant to MJ and at this point, it is all moot. He's dead. The world is a mess...no one will ever know the truth about MJ.

Oh, I'm pretty sure we know by this point.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Besides the media "buzz" that many talented performers go for, some folks forget about the other "buzz" that these folks that are admired go for...MJ actually died from his use of Depravan, a very strong drug that is used in Hospitals to produce a medically induced coma...he used it every nite for sleep, in his home surroundings. You can even google it. It is not meant to be used this way. Talented or not, this guy and some other performers have a real prob when they have to resort to that kinda thing. Many websites do not let drug use get mentioned yet gloss over it when relevant to these "talented" folks. MJ was talented but still had a lot of things going wrong for him and made some very poor choices and that can only make one wonder about the rest of his life choices and what some folks claim relevant to him. We will never know for sure about some of it and anymore, frankly, I don't care. People are gonna do what they're gonna do and that's that.
This talented guy set an example for kids and yet took heavy chemicals for sleep. Not cool no matter how ya slice it. Now, I'm done here...permanently.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

Yep, he definitely had some issues.

Now, I'm done here...permanently.

Uhhh... okay.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
It doesn't affect my life in any way so i am okay with that.

It's their life and if they wanna do the stuff that they wanna do then they are allowed to but they should be ready to accept any consequences.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Nah, ya don't get rid of me that easily...just don't care for this thread that means little in the scheme of things. Now a thread about world peace or solving world hunger instead of about some folks that don't count relevant to the human condition...that would be something. Nah, that one is not important enuf...Celebs and their stupidity seems to be the order of the day...so, let folks enjoy their reality shows while the real harsh realities go right over their heads, BTW, I hope and pray for those here who need a kinder/gentler heart relevant to how...ah, the heck with it, never mind...waste of time.

Yeah, and thanx for your kindness and compassion. Alrighty then, hugs, love and Blessings then to a real "sweatheart"...ooops. (sp).
No response needed...sure won't wanna read further...my wheel chair needs oiling.

edit on 5-7-2013 by shrevegal because: Added a thought.[/editby

Read my rendering called "Eve of Destruction" at the short stories forum around page 2 or 3 or thereabouts...now that message/story IS important.

edit on 5-7-2013 by shrevegal because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GroundhogDay

I agree.
We shouldn't care about some black dude celeb who used to bleach himself so as to be more "white" and who tried to look more like a woman every day, (Diana Ross look-alike he was trying for). Yep, there are more important things to think about and address...things like WW3 or some other such thing that COULD affect us directly. I can get on board with that line of thinking instead of celeb "stuff" which has no negative affect on us....oh wait...may be negative affect on kids....nah, not important it seems to most...my bad.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

Shrevegal, are you... okay? With absolutely no ill will intended, some of the things you've been saying in your posts here are a little bizarre (and becoming even more so as you go along). I'm not really seeing where you're coming from with all this passive aggression.

Honestly, you strike me as someone with incredible insecurities involving aging and getting older. You make constant negative references to yourself in regards to being old, and a hag, and needing to oil your wheelchair, etc. You're doing so within the context of assuming that others must somehow be viewing you in this way, and yet, I've seen no one say anything that would even hint that they see you in this way. I certainly haven't, myself.

At other times, you come across as some sort of quiet rage monster who is struggling to hide whatever inner storms you have brewing behind a veil of political correctness -- a veil that is far thinner and easier to see through than I suspect you may realize.

I'm not entirely sure how to respond to you, and that's the truth. I'm just not getting you at all. You've probably heard the expression "coming way out of left field." That would be a pretty accurate summation of some of the things you're saying; I'm just not sure where you're coming from or what could have inspired certain things you say.

If I have somehow offended you, either in previous posts or this one, then I apologize. I would rather not be on the receiving end of... whatever this is that you seem to be directing at me.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Hi ohimhere....How is okyouwin doin...another neat poster here.
About MJ, besides all the rest...he had a puppet nose.
Anybody with a puppet nose has gotta have talent.
A talent for being a doll.

Anyway, don't hate me cause I'm beautiful.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Probably true.

The parents of the victims accepted what was happening. Any parent who takes their little kids over to a grown mans house in the middle of the night for sleepovers in the same bed ....they have to know what is going on and be accepting of it. I don't see how they couldn't be.

The man was extremely talented. Massively so. It's hard not to start singing along with 'Thriller' when it comes on the radio and to keep in mind that he (probably) had a sick double life. It's like most of us have separated the sick personal life from the music or something ....

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You raise an interesting point in that the parents of the children, in some or most (or all?) instances had to of known what was up.

With enough incentive, financial or otherwise, I think that some of these parents might have been, shall we say, willingly ignorant of whatever might have been going on. This is a pretty disturbing concept, but I'm betting that this sort of thing happens a lot more frequently than any of us realize.

This whole 'double life' thing is probably not that uncommon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join