It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Metaphysics of Language

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Awareness cannot be possessed and I have never implied it can. I have never said it exists in the past or future or over there.

So I cannot have awareness? I either am awareness or am not? That doesn't make any sense. Looks like you've done a fine job of demonstrating the OP's point.
edit on 9-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Awareness cannot be possessed and I have never implied it can. I have never said it exists in the past or future or over there.

So I cannot have awareness? I either am awareness or am not? That doesn't make any sense. Looks like you've done a fine job of demonstrating the OP's point.
edit on 9-7-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

You do not have awareness - you are awareness.
If you are here to support LesMis then maybe you missed this post:

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
If I am awareness, and you've been calling me awareness this whole time, then our philosophies are one in the same, but with different words. Scary thought, itsnowagain, but I've known this all along.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Nah. I am me. Nothing more. I do not presume to call myself the entirety of any one thing other than myself. Nor am I purely any one thing. I am not awareness. I am not existence. I am a piece of the puzzle that reflects various interpretations of various aspects of the whole. As such, I am but a miniscule wayward refraction of a larger image. I am defined by that which is around me, in conjunction with how I choose to react or interact.

I am not just awareness.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

So I take it you don't take experience as empirically valid?

Oh you're talking about experience. You should've just said that. For charities sake, it helps to use terminology that most people employ. If awareness is experience, you could have explained awareness in a sentence. But you parrot whatever new age guru you now follow and invent entities for whatever reason.

Except you like to employ empty terminology to explain something that already has a word and definition, and then call me absurd for not being able to follow your logic and reasoning. If awareness is experience, say that. Plain and simple.
edit on 9-7-2013 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join