It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penny Throwing Spirit... ???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
paranormal.about.com...

HERE IS A bizarre phenomenon that I'm sure we all wish we could experience: money appearing seemingly out of nowhere. Pennies, dimes, quarters - even bills - appearing miraculously from who-knows-where. We're not talking about finding coins on the street. We're talking about money materializing from the sky and, more mysteriously, in and around houses and apartments - with no easy or logical explanation.

Just a couple feet in front of me, I saw two shiny new pennies, glimmering in the sun against the black pavement. As I was about to pick them up, something fell right in front of my face, then another, and another, which almost hit me in the arm before hitting the ground. There were now about 6 or 7 bright, freshly minted cents around me. I looked around to see who might be throwing their change at me, and from where, but I seemed to be alone in the lot, and there was nowhere above me somebody could be dropping them from; I was still too far from the office building for that to be possible. As I stood there, wondering what the heck was going on, I felt a sudden shooting pain on the top of my head, and saw a penny land at my feet after it struck me. I bent down and picked up the handful of pennies, and as I was picking them up, two or three more fell to the ground nearby. I picked one up and it was very warm. What was also somewhat odd was that every penny was dated 2000.

Okay, so maybe I'm one of the lucky ones allowed to experience this.
Good to know I'm not going crazy!

I was in the bathroom combing my hair last night (alone), and something "thumps" me in the back of the head! Then a penny falls on the bathroom sink counter! I was dumbfounded for a moment trying to figure out what just happened!

There was no way that penny had been in my hair; I felt it hit me in back of my head, then fall on the counter.

I've read accounts from people who say their departed loved ones leave them pennies, or something else to let them know when they are around.

I hope my departed loved ones will leave them lying somewhere next time, instead of thumping me in the head with them. And next time I hope they realize we need more than pennies these days. You know... inflation.

Has anyone had anything similar to this happen to them?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Your post makes me think of this scene from the movie Ghost:

edit on 29-6-2013 by Foobler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Foobler

Yeah, that is a very sweet scene.

Thanks for the video.

What is it with spirits and pennies?

edit on 6/29/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Similar incidents have happened to me many, many times. It's a crying shame that it isn't rolled up one hundred dollar bills! Now THAT would really get my attention!

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I've had some knocking/banging going on in my bedroom lately, but never could get any "communication" with it.

I've wondered if "it" threw it at me as an aggravated attempt to say, "Hey! I'm trying to tell you something!"

Yes, a few million would be great, all rolled up nice and neat.... hitting me in the head.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Be careful in trying to communicate Sled, and don't make any assumptions about who, or what, it could be. If you assume it is "someone" in particular these things will sometimes "play along" in order to get you to communicate more. The more attention you give the more active it becomes, and you may not anticipate or particularly like the results. Use caution!

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Don't worry. I've had a life long relationship with ghosts and the paranormal.
Have you ever read any of my paranormal thread? Seems like I've seen you there, but I don't remember for sure.

Anyway... thanks for your concern. I appreciate it.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I've read a few I'm pretty sure. I can relate- weird and unusual just seems attracted to me for some reason. My husband says I'm a "weird" magnet! He's right of course.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I didn't realize that so many people experienced this. This used to always happen at my friend's old house. It even happened to me once when I was spending the night there. As far as I know, it always involved pennies. Very strange

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

How weird is this?!? Why would a spirit throw pennies at people?
I believe it happens but I just wonder why they throw pennies and if they aim for the head or if that's just a coincidence.

Whatever it is I hope something starts throwing money my way one of these days!

Thanks for sharing the story.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Remember this song?
Pennies from heaven!
Do you know anyone who has recently passed over?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Check your paranormal experience thread, I think I know what happened.

In fact, I am sure of it.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I have also had change tossed at me. I had 12 cents hit me in the leg one day while I was changing my son, quarters placed where there hadn't been one 2 minutes earlier, and even a .50 cent piece in my crawlspace during canning season, and all within about a year and a half after we lost my in-laws.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
My apartment building leaves me change all of the time. I have a 3 pound coffee can that is almost full after a little over a year of just picking up change when I clean the halls.I always pick it up now and state" Thank you for paying me" or "I just got paid by the building"
Could be people dropping it, but the other caretaker doesn't find nearly as much if any, and I can walk outside some days and find 10 dollar bills right in my path, along with feathers, which is my main spirit guides way of letting me know she is still around.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
My wife and i experienced something like this when we lived in our old house.

It wasn't money or coins that kept turning up though, but dressmakers pins instead.

We'd find them on the mantle above the fireplace, on window sills, along the edges of carpets, on shelfs all in the living room (nowhere else in the house).

We bought the place from an old woman (very old), whose husband had passed away a year earlier and she was moving to live with her son.

The bizarre appearances of these pins (the little pins with the round, bead like head) wasn't frightening or anything like that, just puzzling.

We would find these pins, appearing on their own for the entire 10 years we lived there. There was only the two of us in the house, and when we found a pin we'd put it in a drawer out of the way...but a week or so would go by and we'd find another pin in many different places, often times where we'd found and removed one before...this went on all the time we were there.

We used to say out loud 'OK love, enough with the pins, we've got plenty!' We'd joke, 'how about some £50 notes instead', but none ever appeared!

Thing is, the old girl who was there before us was heavily into dressmaking and sewing, so we assumed it was just her coming back to the house she lived in for 40 years, and leaving her pins around the place.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sled735

I picked one up and it was very warm. What was also somewhat odd was that every penny was dated 2000.

I was in the bathroom combing my hair last night (alone), and something "thumps" me in the back of the head! Then a penny falls on the bathroom sink counter! I was dumbfounded for a moment trying to figure out what just happened!

I hope my departed loved ones will leave them lying somewhere next time, instead of thumping me in the head with them. And next time I hope they realize we need more than pennies these days. You know... inflation.

Has anyone had anything similar to this happen to them?

As LILY9 (+1 star) mentioned, the cleche 'Pennies from Heaven' springs to mind.

It could be a warning / message to start stocking up on real money like gold/silver because the paper market is about to collapse before the end of this year. There is already a panic brewing in the bond market right now.

Pennies for the poor.

Also why do so many people want lots of money when money is soon going to be worthless? Soon the only thing on everyones mind will be food and shelter.

@OP. If any deceased family member was close to you, it might be a good idea to think of them before going to sleep. Spirits can easily transfer information in dreams than in this material 3D world.

All dated 2000. Ummm. Interesting because everything in this world has pretty much gone off a cliff since Sept 11 2001.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by LILY9
Remember this song?
Pennies from heaven!
Do you know anyone who has recently passed over?

My brother-in-law was the most recent, back in early spring. There have been several friends and acquaintances last year.

It could be anyone really.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I haven't experienced this but it sounds pretty awesome. I'm assuming the money doesn't suddenly disappear at some point? It made me think of fairy gold

I could do with some lovely spirit leaving me some cash, only I'd prefer some £50 notes left in my sock drawer than coins bouncing off my head

It does also make me wonder where the money comes from. Assuming it has to come from somewhere right? Who are these spirits nicking them off? Hopefully it's off people who can afford it. Or maybe it's people in other dimensions treating our world like a wishing well.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I have experienced it too and it was a penny.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by christmaspig

No, I don't think it disappears. Time will tell.

I'm hanging on to this penny, and putting it in a safe place so I won't spend it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join