It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 And Bright Object

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I was looking around area 51 came accross 2 trucks seems to be military, I'm not sure maybe someone can explain what the two circle bright objects are, Here are cords on google maps 37.199251,-116.163756. Zoom in and see. Also below an screenshot I took.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
storage tanks....pretty obvious to me. seen them many times.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
One yellow one white? Maybe you are right lol, further down are some smaller ones blue. My bad

edit on 29-6-2013 by Spares because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Storage tanks, nothing interesting.

#, because the powers that be are going to leave sensitive material in plain view of satellites that pass over areas on a predictable schedule...

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spares
I was looking around area 51 came accross 2 trucks seems to be military, I'm not sure maybe someone can explain what the two circle bright objects are, Here are cords on google maps 37.199251,-116.163756. Zoom in and see. Also below an screenshot I took.

That's not Area 51, that is a part of the NTS (Nevada Test Site) known as "Area 12 Camp".
According to GE, those tanks are about 200' higher than the Area 12 Camp, so maybe water tanks gravity feeding the camp.

This spot in the NTS, and many others, are listed in a KMZ plugin I created for Google Earth:
www.topsecretbases.com...
edit on 30-6-2013 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Spares

Its just a silo, nothing to get worried about.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Ever get out much...seriously...have you never seen a silo before???

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Spares

No real mystery here. I have driven right past those storage tanks on several occasions. Area 12 Camp has one supply for potable water for the workers and another for fire suppression. I don't know the exact volume of the Area 12 tanks, but based on comparison to others I can make some reasonably accurate estimates. The two larger tanks look like they would hold about 500,000 gallons each for fire suppression. The two smaller tanks further down the road are probably the potable water supply with approximately 20,000 gallons each.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

You have Guard Station 700 down twice. The western one is the correct one. I'm not sure we have a designation for the eastern facility. Station 700 is the limit for "regular" people, i.e. truck drivers and such. The other station is from Valley Road, which I think would require a higher clearance. That is, it might not even have a NTS designation since it is a Groom Lake facility. I made it a point to inquire about station 700 when I took the NTS tours. The guides no damn well I know where it goes, so I get rolling eyes and such.

The BREN tower was knocked down last year. Maybe "former BREN site"? There would actually be two former sites for the tower since it was moved once.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac

You have Guard Station 700 down twice. The western one is the correct one. I'm not sure we have a designation for the eastern facility. Station 700 is the limit for "regular" people, i.e. truck drivers and such. The other station is from Valley Road, which I think would require a higher clearance. That is, it might not even have a NTS designation since it is a Groom Lake facility. I made it a point to inquire about station 700 when I took the NTS tours. The guides no damn well I know where it goes, so I get rolling eyes and such.

The BREN tower was knocked down last year. Maybe "former BREN site"? There would actually be two former sites for the tower since it was moved once.

Thanks gariac, I will update my file.
It's been a while since I looked at it, the majority of it came off the interwebs, so you know how accurate that is.
edit on 30-6-2013 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Here are some comm sites you could add.

Smokey Junior N 36.93430 W 116.07022
Smokey Senior N 36.93037 W 116.07324
Beacon Hill N 36.59450 W 115.63273
Point Bravo ATT cell site N 36.53536 W 115.56638
Ragged Ridge N 37.71402 W 116.09190
Skull Mountain N 36.76123 W 116.19342 (repeater for NTS buses)
Spotted Range N 36.63272 W 115.97798 (cell site)
TTR Comm Site 1 N 37.85153 W 116.87346
Papoose Microflect n37 13 3.67 w115 50 49.32

I've spent some time trying to figure out the use of the Papoose Microflect. It is not useful at Groom Lake. If you check the topology, the Groom Lake is shielded from this location. Plus the microflect faces away from the base. You can see it from the Power Line Overlook.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
Ever get out much...seriously...have you never seen a silo before???

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz
reply to post by Spares

Its just a silo, nothing to get worried about.

Wow the responses you get here, FYI, I do get out lol but in life you live and learn.

Trial and error, seeming as I didn't know but soon was told so I now know, it can look anything
when you don't know what your looking at. So to get the best out-come I posted here.

Anyway regardless of your comments , thanks to all who replyed and clarified the information for me

Feel an bit silly but as I said trail and error

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Here are some comm sites you could add.

I've spent some time trying to figure out the use of the Papoose Microflect. It is not useful at Groom Lake. If you check the topology, the Groom Lake is shielded from this location. Plus the microflect faces away from the base. You can see it from the Power Line Overlook.

Done and done. I also added the NTTR boundary, as well as the boundaries of the different NTS numbered areas.

I spent a few minutes too looking at the microflect, it does appear the terrain blocks it from Groom so they wouldn't be using it. I spose a person could draw a line from the different comm sites, see which ones have a line-of-site, then shoot a line off it at 90 deg. and see where it goes...

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Gee, if only somebody did a line of sight analysis on that location and made a Google Earth overlay. Uh, like this:
microflect line of sight kmz

You will probably have to click on properties and change the opacity level so you can see through the overlay. Also the line of sight analysis doesn't take into account the nature of the reflector itself. That is, the transmitter/receiver sites have to be within a reasonable angle off the perpendicular of the reflector. The perpendicular looks like about 309 degrees true. I would have to read up on how far off the main axis you can be and still have it work. I'd suspect no more than 45 degrees.

The trick with microflects is usually one site in on the ground if not both sites. The idea is you build a system where you don't have to go on the hill to maintain it. That is, the object on the hill is purely passive and can't fail (unless bombed), while the sites on the ground have active devices (transmitters and receivers.) It is always a point to point backhaul task. Usually the phone companies use microflects because they need to maintain a high degree of uptime. People get really pissed if the phones don't work! But it turns out Nellis uses one of the microflects by Creech, so the microflect on Papoose could be for Nellis rather than some telco.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
The topsecretbase server is down so I can't load the KMZ. If you didn't mark the photo resolution target, it is at
N36 56 24.14 w116 4 48.28

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

The topsecretbase server is down so I can't load the KMZ. If you didn't mark the photo resolution target, it is at
N36 56 24.14 w116 4 48.28

Added it - and thanks for the pointer to that comm site at Point Bravo, because I totally forgot to add the Point Bravo site itself!

My internet provider decided to unfix my fixed IP address. DNS is messed up, so here is the link:
NTS Google Earth KMZ file

FYI to Internet Explorer users - IE thinks a KMZ is a ZIP file (which it actually is, but regardless...) so select "Save as" and save it somewhere as nts.kmz, then open it.
edit on 4-7-2013 by FosterVS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

The site you have as T-1 is the counter terrorism training site. [That may not be the official term.] You can see the front half of an airplane cabin here:
n37 3 13.81 w116 6 17.65
My recollection is they had luggage tossed around as well. There is a derail train there. Basically it is supposed to look like a disaster zone.

new topics

top topics

join