It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot yay or nay ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

While I have never been fortunate enough to see one for myself, I know many extremely credible people whose accounts I've heard straight from the horse's mouth- watching their faces as they've told me their stories- and can say without a doubt that I completely believe that Sasquatch exists. I believe that's a mark for your "Yay" column buddy!

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Am I the only person who's had a vivid dream about Bigfoot?

It was random as hell for me because I was never too interested in it before that.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I knew there would be some great replys with points that would refute the OP. Never dreamed
that one would be so eloquent.

edit on 29-6-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That is a good question.

Well I cannot say nay if I want to be true to science. I often read articles about human evolution and just recently as in yesterday I read an article about Otzi the 5300 year old man they found in an alpine glacier in 1991 they have discovered that his genes contain roughly 4.5 percent Neanderthal ancestry in comparison to modern Europeans 2.5. Also there were many many of shoots of the hominoid it is very easy to imagine that there is another that may have survived with a natural tendency to hide itself therefore maintaining self-preservation.

I will not say Nay but I am open to a yay.

Edit to add

The one way I can think that there are 0 remains discovered would be if they ate their dead considering what their caloric intake could be that is an easy preposition to consider. Something like that shouldn’t be bound to our moral code.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

[color=cyan]
In relation to this share

The World Below Us
Posted Image Posted Image
A Legend of Subterranean Life Forms

There are quite a few stories of strange happenings in and around the deep caves and caverns of the world. I will share one of the most fascinating with you, and if interested I suggest taking a trip to Malta and doing some exploring for yourself, if you have the funds and if you have the nerve.

On the Island of Malta, there is an area of deep catacombs that extend far down into the earth.

This, according to certain sources, was the subterranean passage and chamber which was referred to years ago in an article which appeared in the August, 1940 issue of the NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC Magazine. The article stated the following concerning several people who disappeared in these catacombs without a trace:
"Many subterranean passageways, including ancient catacombs, now are a part of the island’s fortifications and defense system. Supplies are kept in many tunnels; others are bomb shelters. Beneath Valletta some of the underground areas served as homes for the poor.

Prehistoric men built temples and chambers in these vaults. In a pit beside one sacrificial altar lie thousands of human skeletons. Years ago one could walk underground from one end of Malta to the other.

The Government closed the entrances to these tunnels after school children and their teachers became lost in the labyrinth while on a study tour and never returned.

Before and after this event, an employee of the British embassy had visited the site and later wrote about it:

One article written by a Miss Lois Jessup, at the time an employee of the British embassy and later secretary for the New York Saucer Information Bureau (better known as NYSIB), appeared in an old issue of Riley Crabb’s BORDERLAND SCIENCE magazine, published by the Borderland Sciences Research Foundation (B.S.R.F.) and was later reprinted in full in Dr. Allen’s book ENIGMA FANTASTIQUE.

Miss Jessup claimed that she visited Malta and the Hypogeum also, once before the tragic disappearance of the children, and shortly thereafter. She described how on her first visit to the catacombs she finally convinced the guide to allow her to investigate one of the so-called "burial chambers" near the floor of the last chamber in the third sub-basement, the supposed "end" of the Hypogeum tour. He seemed to know something she didn’t, but finally consented and told her that she could enter at "her own risk". [4]

In her own words (quoted from source):

"What's down there?" she asked the guide, pointing to a small opening off the walls. "Go there at your own risk, and you won't go far," he replied. This was a challenge Lois couldn't pass up. She talked it over with her friends. Two of them decided to stay with Joe. The other three summoned up enough courage to explore with her. "I was wearing a dress with a long sash that day and as I decided to lead the group I asked the fellow behind me to hold onto it. So, with half-burnt candles in our hands the four of us started through that low, narrow passage, groping and laughing our way through. " I cam out first, of course, onto a ledge pathway only two feet wide, with a sheer drop of fifty feet or more on my right and the wall on my left.

I took a step forward, keeping close to the rock wall side. The person behind me, still holding on to my sash, was still in the tunnel. "I held my candle higher and peered down into the abyss, thinking that with this dangerous drop it was better not to go on further without a guide. [color=cyan] Then I saw about twenty persons of giant stature emerge from an opening deep below me. They were walking in single file along another narrow ledge down below. Their height I judged to be about twenty to twenty-five feet, since their heads came up about half way on the wall on the opposite side of the cave. They walked very slowly, taking long strides. Then they all stopped, turned and raised their heads in my direction. All simultaneously raised their arms and with their hands beckoned to me.

1 can see how the thought of such beings as bigfoot/yeti/sasquatch were/are being considered...

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I guess I got some kind of timing anyway.

That's remarkable ! Minnesota Ice Man, I had no idea.

reply to post by badgerprints

Well if we're gonna have badgerprints, why not bigfoot prints ? Yay and woo hoo !

reply to post by Latrodectus

I figured I'd be bark'n up the right tree to get some good ass response.
I'll be looking that book up.
edit on 30-6-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Dreamed of it regularly after that sighting. It rocked me to the core and I still get goose bumps relaying the story, and I seen it from about 400 ft away.

EDIT: Still reading this thread, but I saw that original version of the Minnesota iceman at a oddities exhibit in a travelling circus when I was a kid. This was back in the late 60's early 70's. That is NOT the version that is in many publications, but it looked very human and if it wasn't the real McCoy I'm a monkeys uncle.

It was said that the original disappeared after the circus was investigated for having frozen human remains and was replaced with a fake one.
edit on 30-6-2013 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

When i was 3 or 4 as I was falling asleep on the top bunk of mine and my brothers bunk bed, I had a hallucination that a tall, maybe 7 foot gorilla looking bigfoot wearing a red t-shirt picked me up from my top bunk and I then felt the sensation of spinning around and around and upwards, then I fell asleep. Very strange in that I never forgot it and still remember it vividly. Had never thought much of it and I still don't, but it was pretty neat.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

The one way I can think that there are 0 remains discovered would be if they ate their dead considering what their caloric intake could be that is an easy preposition to consider. Something like that shouldn’t be bound to our moral code.

Alright Grim ! Kudo's and thank you for that, as far as I know, original and true to the scientific mind hypothosis.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Nay.

We'd have video proof or physical evidence by now. For example, in Alaska, wolves are hunted aerially, and it is caught on video:

In Texas, hogs are hunted for sport, using the same technique:

In Maine, Aerial Surveys are taken to record moose populations:

(Those are the shortest videos I could find to support my point.)

The point being, we have digital video nowadays. We have single engine planes, ultralights, and helicopters. From the air, we'd detect motion, footprints, or some sort of "camp". I'd like to say that we'd catch bigfoot's campfires, but we need to realize that logically, a bigfoot eats raw meat or simply survives on a vegetarian diet. They haven't harnessed the simplest of survival skills, such as fire creation, which even early Homo Erectus managed to achieve over 500,000 years ago.

As it is, we track nearly every other form of "wildlife", and get plenty of clear footage of such activities. I was just showing a few small examples. I find it extremely hard to believe that a Sasquatch would be intelligent enough to avoid detection, and yet does not harness fire or simple toolmaking. What gives?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Yay.

I've seen Sasquatch. You'll find my thread about around here somewhere...

My impressions of him in my short encounter were of high intelligence. Cunning. Shyness, not fear, though I'd think he'd have reason to be. Where man goes, death generally follows...

What exactly he is? I don't know, and I don't know anyone who claims to... I do know he does exist.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Nay....if there was such a thing trigger happy hunters would have blown one away and sold the story to the highest bidder by now...

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Most hunter aren't that trigger happy. Though some, in my very personal experience, are indeed.

But you're forgetting, that the evidence points to an intelligent creature in tune with his environment to an extent that most of those hunters can't begin to match...

As an example, I watched with great amusement a few years ago, a group of mighty hunters with all their bells and whistles, sat in their favored spots waiting to kill their deer. The amusement comes into play when I watched a group of about ten bucks and does walked across the field behind them about thirty yards away... It was hilarious. Those hunters, using the term loosely, are much more common than the other type...

Sasquatch is much more intelligent than a white tail deer, and has little or nothing to fear from your average weekend Daniel Boone...

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Ok, lets take out "trigger Happy" and replace that with "Terror"...there you are sitting in your Blind or walking through the woods towards your favorite hunting spot with your shooter cocked and loaded and up pops a seven foot, hairy assed Big foot.
He Roars the most blood curdling scream you've ever heard...whatcha gonna do....

Turn your back on it and run for your life. stand tall, arms wide apart and howl back at it...or KaaaBlaaam...

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Could have started with atavists and/or humans with a medical ccndition that decided to shun the main population...some people are tall enough, some people are hairy enough.

Could be the ghosts of some creatures from the long gone past like, maybe, Nessie or like some say their pets' ghosts visit them.

Who knows...

Whatever they are, Les Stroud, survivor man, is very keen on finding them. He says he had encounters with them.

If he thinks he can trust Bear Grylls, he should bring someone like him along.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomeBrew

I have researched the Bigfoot/Sasquatch topic as much as anybody save for devote experts and sadly I can not hold up a single beacon of truth with regards to proof.

let me introduce to you Mr. Bill Munns:

there are languages from around the world that have a name for this same thing.

that is not a suit, so what are we looking at?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

I find it extremely hard to believe that a Sasquatch would be intelligent enough to avoid detection, and yet does not harness fire or simple toolmaking. What gives?

That's an assumption BF doesn't use fire or simple tools. I have read BFs stories where its clear he does use simple tools such as spears and pitcher for carrying water, and also knows how to make a campfire. If he is that intelligent and realises humankind are dangerous, on all levels as in land,water and air, then BF will stay in the areas of forest which he knows humans have the most limited access and mobility. In such areas the foliage is too thick for using a camera from air to detect his movement.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee
the diversity of the homonid in question must be diverse enough to be able to naturally inhabit a wide array of climates.

do you see anything wrong with that sentence? you can't use a word to describe itself. that makes no sense

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
reply to post by AthlonSavage

Correct....and they're easily hidden 5 miles south of I-90 and state hwy 18 near Seattle....no one can get through there for miles....they will intimidate you. I won't go back without 7 people....and I was armed for bear with two guns.44 and a 30.06 with dangerous game ammo.

just like with what happened after Jaws with sharks, one bf caused human death and their goose is cooked.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

that's a good point about the cannibalism. I wonder what they do with the bones, maybe they throw them in rivers? they must instinctively know we're bad news or maybe the aliens are telling them to avoid us

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join