It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Spiritual filter down to the Physical. I believe it does.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
While reading Akragon's tread here , he referred to another thread of his here that asks the question

Do you believe its possible, afflictions and disease could be result of built up negitive Karma from the actions in ones life?

Perhaps even that person's previous lives?

He gives some evidence that may speak to this being the case. And from observation, I believe I have seen this born out in peoples lives.

However, I posit that we are able to make changes to some of these 'afflictions', by making changes in our lives now. The only thing I have to go on is personal experience so I will relate them along with a few other coincidental observations about how life interacts with us if we are open to understand.

Many years ago while still married, I began to have pain in my feet. I could only walk short distances without pain. This went on for years. The Dr. said I had planter fascitis but the pain was not on the planter side of the foot. I was relegated to 'clunky comfortable shoes with arch supports and could never go barefoot. Needless to say this did not help. A few years after the pain began, I left my husband (whole nother story how that finally happened and the way life spoke to me). A few weeks later I bought a pair of Clarks sandles and the pain was gone almost immediately (no this is not a commercial). After a few more weeks I ventured back into my beloved flats with never any pain. It dawned on me, I needed to be standing on my own two feet and that couldn't happen till I left and supported myself. Now this may sound like coincidence, or that the shoes were what I needed to get over it. I questioned this myself.

Almost a year later I returned from overseas and had to stay at my daughter's house. As 'luck' would have it, about 30 minutes after I got there her husband wrecked his motorcycle and had a bad wound on his knee. He was in the hospital a week and I stayed with the children. Then he was home a week on IV antibiotics and I continued to stay and help out. Week 3 the pain in my foot returned and I knew exactly what was needed...I had not attempted to find a place to live so I began looking immediately. As soon as I moved in, the pain stopped and it has never been back in the last 10 years.

Another possible change was with my daughter. As a teen she was noted to have scoliosis. I saw the xrays and it was definitely there. It dropped her projected height about two inches. She was a fairly meek, obeying yet belligerent child. As an adult she became a fierce protector of her children and would speak up to anyone about them. She also developed other medical problems and would regularly question and confront dr.'s. She did her own research. One of her favorite sayings was “I have spine”. A few years ago I asked about her scoliosis and she told me the dr said it was no longer there.

Around the time these things started happening (and I can speak to more) I was meditating and opening up to the fact that 'god' speaks to us in many ways. I do believe you have to be open to the idea , question and listen to your inner self to see.

So, now I am wondering if there are others who have had similar experiences? I know I am not the only one.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Yes everything has an effect on us, get down on your knees or stand up for your rights. Its rather complex how we are affected by any situation,but I am a great believer of self pride. Better a direct connection to self than following someone who is disconnected and yet thinks they have it all worked out.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

Thank you for your response. Listening to self is exactly the point as long as you know yourself. So many metaphors are not just 'old wives tales'. Many have become part of our conscious and can speak to us if we listen to what is really being said.

Once I bought my husband a set of knives all the time remembering the tale and within a month I cut the relationship of 37 years.

So much more going on around and within than we acknowledge.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Many years ago while still married, I began to have pain in my feet. I could only walk short distances without pain. This went on for years. The Dr. said I had planter fascitis but the pain was not on the planter side of the foot. I was relegated to 'clunky comfortable shoes with arch supports and could never go barefoot. Needless to say this did not help. A few years after the pain began, I left my husband (whole nother story how that finally happened and the way life spoke to me). A few weeks later I bought a pair of Clarks sandles and the pain was gone almost immediately (no this is not a commercial). After a few more weeks I ventured back into my beloved flats with never any pain. It dawned on me, I needed to be standing on my own two feet and that couldn't happen till I left and supported myself. Now this may sound like coincidence, or that the shoes were what I needed to get over it. I questioned this myself.

On the subject of feet: For five years of working in a factory on a concrete floor my feet hurt so bad they felt on fire. I mean, REALLY painful! Then one week it started out the same, pain on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, but not Friday. I could understand not having pain on a Monday after resting my feet over the weekend, but on a Friday?

I put two and two together and came up with the idea that my foot pain was psychological. From that moment on, no pain. Sure, my feet get tired, but I haven't felt that kind of pain since then.

I don't know what the reason was for the pain, but it had to be something other than just standing on them while working.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ancientthunder

Originally posted by ancientthunder
Better a direct connection to self than following someone who is disconnected and yet thinks they have it all worked out.

Do what you want, or else you'll be used to do what someone else wants.

Be yourself, or else you'll be an imitation of someone else.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

How interesting and exactly to my point. We may not always know the psychology but when we get something..and you apparently did whether it was that it was in you head or something preceded that understanding that you aren't aware of, it came down from the spiritual/psychological/subconscious/superconscious and made a change in your body.

I was hyper-conscious of things in my life and sometimes just have 'a knowing' and it turned out right.

Congrats on the healing, tired feet don't compare to painful feet.

top topics

join