It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Partridge Creek Monster

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The Partridge Creek Monster is the name given to a 50 ft long Saurischian (Theropod) Dinosaur spotted in the region of Partridge Creek Siberia, Alaska, Northern Canada. Here is a ceoncept on the animal of how huge this thing was:

Here's a quote published i nthe newspapper of the time. These people used to be very sensationalist:

Stranded Meganzie issue on the Partridge Creek Monster:

PREHISTORIC BEAST SEEN
Giant Saurian of Arctic Emerges
Siberians Report Monster Believed to Live in Cherski Range
Creature Once Hunted Over Alaska Now Exciting Russ Savants
Copyright, Los Angeles Times, December 4, 1927M

Paris, Dec 3. (Exclusive) And now, will you believe, in the name of our Lord, that I and ten of my Indians saw again, on Christmas afternoon, Lemoores terrible monster?
As big as ten elephants, it passed like a hurricane across the frozen river, smashing immense blocks of thick ice into the air. Its long bristles were covered with hoar-frost and its immense red eyes flamed in the twilight. The monster held in its mouth a caribou of close to 700 pounds, while it careened at twenty miles per hour!

Such are the first mention and first descriptionboth from Alaska of the Keratosaurus of the Arctic Circle, a gigantic prehistoric creature that was now and again exciting Russian sportsmen and scientists, along with the discovery of an unsuspected mountain range in Northeastern Siberia which may be its home.

-------------------------------

The Cherski Range had been newly discovered and was 625 miles long and 180 miles wide, covering an area greater than the fabled the Caucasus mountain range. It had been discovered by Russian explorer, Obruchev, who in later life would write books about dinosaurs still living in remote regions of Siberia.

He had been sent by the Soviet government to investigate unknown regions of the Yukon east of the Lena River. It was thought that the scientists from the Academy of Sciences might be able to authenticate rumors about a giant saurian that had been going around for years.

According to the article, Lelvouier, the unkillable, who had gone out with a Russian expedition 10 years prior after the Keratosaurus stated flatly that it would not be killed with a gun no matter how high powered.

---------

Well we may never know how hard was to kill a dinossur, specially a theoropod, excluding the fact that a single bite of a T-rex would be enough to smash my precious Ferrari. Anyway it's an insterting story but i don't see itself as a true.

Ceratosaurs barely reached that size, and i mean.. Can you guys imagine how much that thing would need to eat? It would easily run out of caribous and go after people. Not excludingthe fact of the region climate, unless these animals were cold blooded i don't see a 50 feet long Dinossaur lasting that much in the snow.

Hibernation wouldn't make sense as well. The only thing it would do all it's life would be mate, eat and sleep. It would probably spent 1 month eating, to mate and then sleep another 11 months.

Whomever, there's also the possibility on misurdestanding on the creature size. Animals like Komodo Dragon were said to be much larger when they actually were. If the animal was indeed only 10 feet long, the possibility of a small population hidden with other factors would be possible.

What you guys think?
edit on 29-6-2013 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2013 by Frocharocha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Frocharocha

I found it interesting that it was described with fur, because more evidence shows that dinosaurs had feathers, so perhaps these were modified feathers for something living in a much colder environment. When this was first seen many people dismissed it saying that a dinosaur like creature couldn't live in such a cold environment but I heard recent discoveries may indicate that dinosaurs were warm blooded so this case may be open again.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Siberia is quickly becoming the hotspot of unexplainable and mysterious creatures and events. The Tunguska fireball, rumors of bigfoot sightings, UFO activity, mysterious metal cauldrons, and now dinosaurs. I think I might have to relocate. Anybody have a team of sled dogs for hire?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey9438

I found it interesting that it was described with fur, because more evidence shows that dinosaurs had feathers, so perhaps these were modified feathers for something living in a much colder environment. When this was first seen many people dismissed it saying that a dinosaur like creature couldn't live in such a cold environment but I heard recent discoveries may indicate that dinosaurs were warm blooded so this case may be open again.

Actually yeah, some species of dinossaurs were cold blooded. Australia used to be a huge Antartica and many species of dinossaurs lived there like the Plessiosaurs (AKA: Loch Ness Monster) . The only real problem with Partridge Creek Monster is it's size, it would need to eat way too much to survive.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

there is the problem if its cold blooded it doesn't have to eat as much but it couldn't live up there, but if it was warm blooded but its food demands would be to high. there is a theory that perhaps these are sprits of dinosaurs and thas why theres no bodies or massive food demands but than you would have to prove the existence of spirits

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by grey9438

there is the problem if its cold blooded it doesn't have to eat as much but it couldn't live up there, but if it was warm blooded but its food demands would be to high. there is a theory that perhaps these are sprits of dinosaurs and thas why theres no bodies or massive food demands but than you would have to prove the existence of spirits

Well, we have some proofs on the existence of animal spirits. Such as hroses and dogs. But dinossaurs? Naaaaah. But if a cold blooded animal needs to eat less, then it would make the existence of this animal more likely.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

yes but cold blooded animals would have trouble living in the arctic, because it is dependent on sunlight for warmth. Which is why animals like reptiles live in cold environments but must hibernate in the winter, this is why this case was dismissed at first because at the time dinosaurs were thought to be cold blooded.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Well, S&F for locating one I hadn't read before! It's hard to find those lately. This one is pretty wild, being set in a cold climate, and with fur, no less! Then, we don't really know. Some, they believe now, had feathers. Maybe some had fur, too? My biggest question would be, why didn't it eat them?

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Well, S&F for locating one I hadn't read before! It's hard to find those lately. This one is pretty wild, being set in a cold climate, and with fur, no less! Then, we don't really know. Some, they believe now, had feathers. Maybe some had fur, too? My biggest question would be, why didn't it eat them?

Well i try my best to find things i haven't heard before
Anyway, i'm pretty sure upon spotting a dinosaur theoropod big as n elephant i would run in terror instead of trying to see what it's doing.

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I do live in Alaska, not up north, but I can't say I have heard of this one before. It does seem a bit large to survive without depleting the food supply. Alaska is huge though, and there are plenty of animals.

Who knows, maybe it hibernates most of the year and only comes out to eat the occasional dozen moose before going back to sleep.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by aduley
I do live in Alaska, not up north, but I can't say I have heard of this one before. It does seem a bit large to survive without depleting the food supply. Alaska is huge though, and there are plenty of animals.

Who knows, maybe it hibernates most of the year and only comes out to eat the occasional dozen moose before going back to sleep.

That's one of the things they use to explain on why Mokele-mbembe was ever discovered. The natives say that those animals build large system of caves and rarely came out (or at certain period). I don't think people will waste their time in the snow looking for an animal like that.

Alaska is cold, so it would make sense that The monster only come out in the season for hunting. This would also make their reproduction cycle very small (look the penguins, it's very hard to live in the cold) which means a very small population but stable.

posted on Jul, 24 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Well there can't possibly just be one. Unless this unfortunate is the very tail end of his species.
Or one of those wacky russian scientists got really into cloning.

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frocharocha

Originally posted by LadyGreenEyes

Well i try my best to find things i haven't heard before
Anyway, i'm pretty sure upon spotting a dinosaur theoropod big as n elephant i would run in terror instead of trying to see what it's doing.

You and me both! Always amuses me when people ask why someone didn't get a picture of something like this. "Gee, I was trying not to be eaten. Sorry, should I go back and let it eat me so you can have a photo?"

top topics

join