It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could A Mass Abduction Be Mistaking for the Pre-Trib Rapture?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I've been thinking about this for along time. There are alot of Christians who believe that the rapture will just occur out of nowhere. People will just disappear while doing every day things. Now I don't believe this is the case, but I guess anything is possible.

Let's say all of the sudden billions of people all disappeared at the same time. 20 minutes later massive size spacecraft start popping up all over the world. Naturally they would bring a message of peace, and make things better. After all the first 3 and half years of the anti-christ reign is peaceful. But anyways, if this were to happen would Christians think that the rapture has now come and gone? If they weren't taken would they think they missed the boat, or that they were not worthy? Such an event could easily turn believers into non-believers and cause them to worship the beast.

It's a scary thought, but possible.

I don't believe there will be a rapture until after the great tribulation. But instead of posting every scripture I know on the subject I have provided a video below which goes into great detail on the matter and pretty much hits it right on the spot if anyone is interested.

I've yet to see any scripture which supports the Pre-Trib Rapture but if you have verses or know any that I can look into feel free to post them and we can talk about it.
edit on 29-6-2013 by RealTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Twit-twit-twit Beam me up Scotty.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
The rapture posts the begining of the Tribulation.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by braveswin

Can you explain in greater detail please and shed a little more light.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
www.bible.ca...

I think the pretrib rapture theory is just that, theory. This cat named Darby seems to have sold Americans
some snake oil

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Sure!

Alot of people relate to the "church" at the end of time being like Noah. In the fact that God will deliver them through the tribulation. But this will not be the case in the last days.

In the first four chapters of Rev. John talks about the church, etc. But no more after chapter 4. Why? bcause the children of God will be removed.

Thus this will make sin "will be without restraint" because the Saints, Martyrs, children of God etc will be in Heaven!

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Sure!

Alot of people relate to the "church" at the end of time being like Noah. In the fact that God will deliver them through the tribulation. But this will not be the case in the last days.

In the first four chapters of Rev. John talks about the church, etc. But no more after chapter 4. Why? bcause the children of God will be removed.

Thus this will make sin "will be without restraint" because the Saints, Martyrs, children of God etc will be in Heaven!

Ok, but I don't see anything is reference to the rapture there. I do however see the phrase "he who overcomes". The question is what do they have to overcome?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

No, the tribulation is the last 3 1/2 years of Daniel's 70th week.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Well I got news. If your going to be here the first 3 1/2 years, no need packing your bags honey, because your gonna be here the last 3 1/2 years

link   

Originally posted by cuopar
www.bible.ca...

I think the pretrib rapture theory is just that, theory. This cat named Darby seems to have sold Americans
some snake oil

No. He did much to popularize the theory, but there is evidence of it long before the 1830's. Augustine is the fault for that. He allegorized much of the prophetic portions of scripture because it was politically correct. So the literal things were made allegories. And the Reformers nailed justification by grace through faith but carried Roman Catholic eschatology with them.

link   
The teaching of a "mid" rapture tribulation is false doctrine

link   

Well I got news. If your going to be here the first 3 1/2 years, no need packing your bags honey, because your gonna be here the last 3 1/2 years

This is true, unless a person dies of course.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

The teaching of a "mid" rapture tribulation is false doctrine

I know. I never pushed that doctrine. I just pointed out that Christ labeled the last 3 1/2 years of Daniel's 70th week as the "great tribulation". It's a common misunderstanding to label the entire 7-year period as the tribulation.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Well it is also written then men will seek to die, and death will run from them. Men cant die during this period

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Well it is also written then men will seek to die, and death will run from them. Men cant die during this period

That would be some, not all. One of the horsemen takes 1/4 of the life from all the Earth. See Revelation. And John sees the souls of all those beheaded for Christ during the last 42 months under the throne in heaven.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
It seems theres much debate on what will happen during the trib. But one thing we can be sure of. The children of God will not be here one hour of judgement

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   

It seems theres much debate on what will happen during the trib. But one thing we can be sure of. The children of God will not be here one hour of judgement

Your right about that. But judgement and tribulation are two different things. Tribulation is a test of faith towards God. Judgement is God's final answer. When Judgement comes there is no time to ask for forgiveness, you already made your choice, now God is making his.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   

The church will not. There will be many elect here that were not saved before the 7 year period. They will come to faith during and most will be executed during the last half of the 7- year period.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

That isn't exactly accurate. "Great Tribulation" is just a label given to the last half of the 7 year period of time by Christ. John details the judgments from God that transpire during that period of time.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

It very well could happen to those who ascribe to the false doctrine of the pre-trib rapture or to the rapture itself.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join