It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USDA tell Magician to write Disaster Plan for his Rabbit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
link to story

You just cannot make this stuff up. A magician from Ozark MO. is being required by USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service agents to do the following in order to get a rabbit license.

Via email Hahne lays out the timeline within which he must comply:
1) the new regulation became effective Jan. 30, 2012;
2) the written plan must be completed by July 29, 2013;
3) Hahne and his wife, Brenda, must be trained to implement the plan as written; and
4) the written plan must be available for review by USDA inspectors by Sept. 28, 2013

What the regulation entails;

...by July 29 I need to have in place a written disaster plan, detailing all the steps I would take to help get my rabbit through a disaster, such as a tornado, fire, flood, etc. They not only want to know how I will protect my rabbit during a disaster, but also what I will do after the disaster, to make sure my rabbit gets cared for properly. I am not kidding–before the end of July I need to have this written rabbit disaster plan in place, or I am breaking the law.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I would be more worried about the rabbits health and safety during the shows..
How does he RLY hide the rabbits? Down his pants? In a hat? Up his sleeve.. Sounds very uncomfortable for the rabbit, let alone a disaster.. Score one for the rabbits!

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

This is exactly how I feel any time I read something this ludicrous. Just when you think the government can go no lower in the blatant ignorance category.... you get this.

This should be put on a billboard as the main reason we are in such a screwed up place. More money than sense. More time on their hands than needed. Power hungry. I could just keep going and going. It's a sad thing to get constant confirmation of an entity's stupidity.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I wouldn't help the rabbit get through a disaster, it would help me get through a disaster.. perhaps comfort food?

That would be my disaster plan for a rabbit.. sounds like the best plan really though.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by eXia7
I wouldn't help the rabbit get through a disaster, it would help me get through a disaster.. perhaps comfort food?

That would be my disaster plan for a rabbit.. sounds like the best plan really though.

Exactly, my disaster plan would consist of a recipe for rabbit stew.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
it's a freaking rabbit get a hold of yourselves USDA,
care more about rabbits then the limitless amounts of HUMANS you have living on the streets..

...do people do this when they go to the animal shelter and get their cats or dogs??

no?? what a shock...

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Hey Hey Hey!

I, personally, don't have an issue with this.

Kidding.

This is so stupid that a group of stupid people is sueing the government for giving stupid people a bad name!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Looks like the magician has his disaster plan up and ready to go for the FDA.

Short, simple and to the point. I approve, although the rabbit might not be too pleased with it.

top topics

join