Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

FIGHT the NSA, FBI, and Bastard US Government Spying Operations- Simply!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis

Ah, semantics.

How many issues are started off mere differences in interpretations of syntax?

So your interpretation of "spying" requires a human being at all times. I get ya. You might want to consider broadening the scope in the coming years.
edit on 30-6-2013 by QuantriQueptidez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

They store any thing that is encrypted so that it can be decrypted. That is part of FBI Going Dark Project. They said they had a problem with Total Information Awareness and needed to save all data in order to know exactly what has been sent because of encryption being used on a much larger scale then in the past.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis

Originally posted by SonOfTheLawOfOne

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
reply to post by buddha

How do 40,000 people watch 2.769 billion?

With technology like Narus, combined with super computers and machine intelligence that do the work of tens of thousands of math crunchers and code breakers.

Of course 40,000 people aren't sitting there monitoring 50,000+ people each (which is about what it would take each NSA analyst to watch over), but a few well placed devices most definitely do. You need to go look at what the device does and you'll understand how it is they do this. Combined with machine learning and massive computing power, the algorithms (over time) have been tweaked to find the most important bits of information. However, the fact of the matter remains, they have the data and can go through it anytime they want.

~Namaste
edit on 30-6-2013 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

Christ almighty

Your missing the point

It's "you're", as in a contraction, in case you aren't familiar with English. I am far from missing the point, you are completely oblivious to what is happening and have absolutely no clue what YOU'RE talking about, simply based on your reply.

WHY WOULD THEY WANT TO?

Must I really answer this somewhat rhetorical question for you? Ok, I'll humor you.

CONTROL. It's all about being omnipresent and omnipotent. You must really be clueless? Awww, how cute, someone on a conspiracy site who doesn't believe in conspiracies. Wonder where I've seen that before....

Are you saying the the NSA would do daily lottery's to directly spy on people when a computer can as you explained do that job? and the longer its stored the bigger the lottery becomes?

I didn't say anything of the sort, you did.

a computer storing your online records is not a privacy issues

It most certainly is when you didn't give the organization storing it your permission to invade your privacy and look into details about you that you thought you were only sharing with one other person. You would have to be either a foreigner who is used to this type of rights violations, or a troll. I think it's the latter.

You'll never be alerted to NSA unless you say BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB in which case your message will be put into some higher priority to be monitored for further keywords and only if you did it on more & more occasions would an actual worker pull your data for investigation, and only thennnnnn would they need to get a court order to "directly" spy on you if they see you're a threat, and only then, if found to be of no threat could you claim a "privacy issues" the fact is to do what you or others only guess as being done is IMPOSSIBLE and not to mention a massive waste of time money & resources

Hmmm... that's so, is it? You have it all figured out. I guess all of those "domestic terrorists", which are also made up of people who fought for our freedoms such as war vets and whistle blowers, would agree with you after they have been flagged by the same systems as foreign terrorists, simply because they spread anti-Government sentiment, which is our duty as Americans when we have our freedoms trampled on. You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about, nor the technology involved. You also don't appear to read previous posts because this has already been mentioned and discussed.

You'll never be alerted to NSA until the FBI comes to knock on your door based on data the NSA has collected for them. It has nothing to do with JUST the words you type, it goes far beyond that. I wrote an entire thread on this subject, and work in the industry, you don't have a dog in this fight friend.

Seriously how is a computer collecting dust a threat to you? do you not understand how it works?

I sure as hell don't need you to tell me. The only thing collecting dust is your decomposing words in your post.

Until the day i'm bombarded with junk mail through my door i don't think i have a problem with these national security programs protecting me & my family and im certainly not gonna cry if this message was read because i said BOMB BOMB BOMB

What the hell does junk mail have to do with your protection and invasion of privacy?

I think you're just trolling at this point.

You'll cry when it becomes illegal to have debates like these because you let your freedoms disappear through a thick veil of your ignorance. Good luck with that.

~Namaste

Edit: I just saw your post on us moving towards a Type 1 species...
And that requires the governments to be in control? WOW...
You have got to be kidding.
edit on 30-6-2013 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I think what we need is an encrypting keyboard, which transmits nothing that is not encrypted, before it even reaches the USB or PS2 port. I suppose "THEY" wouldn't like that. That way even MS couldn't get their grubby hands on what it is you typed.

This device shall operate on rechargeable batteries, so that it needs no power supply from the USB bus. That way they couldn't even try to infiltrate your prized encrypting keyboard through the power supply.

I win!

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Look at their “privacy” link at the bottom of the page:

Startpage does not share personal information with any third party search engine or the provider of its sponsored results. Click here for details. Startpage only shares personal information with third parties when obligated to do so by law (e.g. official court order or subpoena), or to protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Startpage, its users or the general public as required by law.

They have to follow the same exact rules as yahoo, google, and everyone else...
If something seems too good to be true, it most likely is.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantriQueptidez

Ah, semantics.

How many issues are started off mere differences in interpretations of syntax?

So your interpretation of "spying" requires a human being at all times. I get ya. You might want to consider broadening the scope in the coming years.
edit on 30-6-2013 by QuantriQueptidez because: (no reason given)

Sorry i thought you said it was a massive threat to privacy...

Perhaps you could name a none 3rd world that doesn't have the need for such programs in this modern day coming years you speak of?

I thought not

So are you just a hypocrite now mr clever clogs ?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
I think what we need is an encrypting keyboard,

No you're still not getting it, no matter what you get to temporarily avoid it, you'll soon find it worthless in the very near future

These programs are here to stay, without them civilization could no longer continue

Id suggest living in a cave a sticking to carrier pidgins if you don't like the future,
edit on 30-6-2013 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SonOfTheLawOfOne

It most certainly is when you didn't give the organization storing it your permission to invade your privacy and look into details about you that you thought you were only sharing with one other person. You would have to be either a foreigner who is used to this type of rights violations, or a troll. I think it's the latter.

I also did not agree to have my credit history being readily available for credit loaners to snoop over in order to decide weather i was a reliable candidate, personally i wish they would loan me money more recklessly

but without that system in place society & civilization would eventually spiral & collapse into chaos as we already see happening... because of failure to monitor people

Same applies here, you need to weigh up the outcome of not having this program before even more dumb people ruin it for everybody

I understand what you and other say but you're not thinking of the massive and dangerous repercussions

Lets also not forget people, that it is not just the US/UK that has these programs, certainly China & Russia do also which is funny enough where snowden ended up

edit on 30-6-2013 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

There is kinda something like this already out. A nifty program that beats all keyloggers.

www.majorgeeks.com...

"KeyScrambler encrypts your keystrokes deep in the kernel, foiling keylogging attacks with scrambled, undecipherable data.

KeyScrambler encrypts your keystrokes at the keyboard driver level and decrypts them at the destination application, giving keyloggers "scrambled," useless keys to record."

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Sorry i thought you said it was a massive threat to privacy...

I did not, though it most certainly is. Either you're trolling, else ...

Perhaps you could name a none 3rd world that doesn't have the need for such programs in this modern day coming years you speak of?

The "need" to, or the means. You're terribly confused.

So are you just a hypocrite now mr clever clogs ?

No, but you're a liar.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Awesome!
Simply amazing.

I do want the government to know I am talking bad about them because the entire government is filled with a bunch of corrupt uncaring vile back alley dealing sons of bitches passing legislation in broad daylight that is bad for our country and passing it off as necessity for our national security and lying saying that it doesn't infringe upon our rights!

Screw Obama, and screw our current roster of government officials. Elect someone else!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
There is a reason for my um.. signature..
I'm figuring every time certain sets of words come up and are posted to the net as new... it trips a red flag after that someone takes a look.I will say no more.
edit on 1-7-2013 by darkstar111 because: so it was not a one liner.
edit on 1-7-2013 by darkstar111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
You know this "fight" is impossible... It is true what they say about the youngsters being wrapped up in their FaceBook etc.. I was at work with a young twenty something lady one day and asked her what she thought about Snowden. "Snowden who", she asked. So I attempted to explain it a bit. She then said, "I really don't care what they do". So I tried to explain to her what was wrong with this, and she tuned me out like a hypnotized zombie. So I figured it was just because of politics and quit. Later that night I mentioned some other generic local news, once again she went into a trance like state. She really did not care about anything besides, "fun" things.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I don't think your sample size of 1 co-worker is good enough to make a fair generalization about today's youth.

Studies show the current teenagers and 20-somethings are more globally-aware, and concerned about social events, and cultural changes than the previous two.

I'm 30, and enjoy talking to those younger than I about a variety of topics.

This stuff goes in cycles, but today's generation is definitely on the upswing with awareness and care.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Are they allowed to make that claim that you are free from govt spying?
Why would they say that.If its not fully tested and can't be proved.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
Link below Anti prism site apps and programs

The opt out of PRISM, the NSA etc link

There's some good info there, but it does nothing about the bigger issue which is that ISP's track everything and then turn that data over to the government. A friend of mine works at an ISP doing tech support. At his fingertips is a database that lets him view every website someone went to, how long they were at it, when they went to it, which device (identified by the MAC address) went to it, what networks a device was on (relevant to cell phones jumping around on open wifi), and if it's through the ISP's cell phone plan he even has access to the phones data, camera, and microphone. The ISP in question is Suddenlink but I imagine they all have that access.

What all this means is that the first step one has to take is to get free of the ISP tracking. In order to do that, go buy yourself a new network card using bitcoin or cash. Then, use other peoples wifi. Ideally everyones wifi would be open but this isn't always the case, so sometimes you need to use other methods. I don't think ATS will let me detail it but check out Backtrack and Aircrack if you're interested. Sometimes to reach a suitable wifi signal you need to bridge the network connection, any router can do this with Tomato or DD-WRT and some easily googled instructions. I've been able to pick up wifi signals from a block and a half away by doing this with a good antenna. Even if you have a MAC address that's not able to be traced to you, it's still a good idea to spoof it too. Just incase the police come around and collect hardware as evidence.

Private browsing is one thing, but because everything goes through an ISP you have to break the connection between your modem and your internet use. Open wifi means there's doubt as to who's doing what on your network. Using someone elses network means your name isn't attached to anything. It breaks that level of surveillance.

Russia has dashcams to fight corruption, the US can do it with MAC spoofing and open wifi. If even 5% of the population took these measures it would create enough resonable doubt in the current legal system to put a stop to any prosecutions based off of illegal spying.

Your link has a good list, here's my own list that I would add to that with (note, backtrack is Ubuntu based which your links say shouldn't be used, so there's a conflict there, backtrack is a little different from typical Ubuntu installs though)
Browsing - duckduckgo.com... , www.torproject.org...
Chat - crypto.cat...
Encryption - www.truecrypt.org...
OS - www.backtrack-linux.org
VPN - btguard.com... , torguard.net... , privacy.io...
Shopping - bitcoin.org...

You'll never be alerted to NSA unless you say BOMB BOMB BOMB BOMB in which case your message will be put into some higher priority to be monitored for further keywords and only if you did it on more & more occasions would an actual worker pull your data for investigation, and only thennnnnn would they need to get a court order to "directly" spy on you if they see you're a threat, and only then, if found to be of no threat could you claim a "privacy issues" the fact is to do what you or others only guess as being done is IMPOSSIBLE and not to mention a massive waste of time money & resources

That might be true today. The key word is might, we simply don't know for sure what criteria they've written to flag and go over by human hands. However, this program operates in secret and is accountable to no one, there is massive potential for corruption. Today it's saying "bomb", tomorrow it might be saying "encryption", or "republican", or "christian", or "civil rights" or "bankers".

This program cannot be tolerated in it's current form because it will lead to an extremely corrupt police state (some would argue we're already there, but what's going on currently is NOTHING compared to what this will bring about). With transparency and proper oversight, I think it's a program worth debating the merits of but when operating in total secrecy it cannot be allowed to exist. It goes against everything our nation supposedly stands for.
edit on 1-7-2013 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I agree with both SonOfTheLawOfOne & Aazadan

Listen to their advice, it is golden.

I laughed my head off when I read the OP. HTTPS and secure in the same sentence! LMAO!

Once again, follow the advice of those two people. Read Azazdan's post regarding Backtrack (Which is now called Kali Linux). If you want to use TOR, you can use it, but use it at your own risk as whoever controls the exit node controls the information. Use proxychains (no it does not work with msf console, but it does work with a lot of other apps etc, like Iceweasel or Nmap).

If you do not use Proxychains, you will always leak your DNS which can (and will) be used to trace you.
MAC Address can be spoofed, DNS can be spoofed, locality can be spoofed, IP address can be spoofed, fresh cotton white SOCKS ehh?
You can be anonymous on the net, nothing is impossible to trace though, but you can make it quite hard, very hard in fact.

By the way, never use proxy sites (proxy.org etc), they are not anonymous.

You want encrypted messaging? Use Pidgin.
edit on 1/7/2013 by the_denv because: pidgin

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Another theory I've been forming in my mind about this whole Starpage/mail deal:

Katherine Albrecht is a frequent guest on Alex Jones show. Anyone that shows up on his show repeatedly and he agrees with constantly needs to be scrutinized.**

Startpage/mail is being pushed as the miracle and (keyword) ONLY answer to this gov. spying mess. Red flags going off.
Also notice, this will NOT be free (the email service)... which isn't a problem in and of itself... but if Jones helps Albrecht push this enough... being the "ONLY" private service .... you're looking at a massive flock of people fleeing gmail/yahoo/hotmail/etc. to go to startmail, making more than enough to pay for costs and leaving Albrect & Co. very rich.
I'm guessing Jones and Noory are affiliates (getting a percentage for helping to push this).

I listen to Albrecht speak and she seems pretty sincere but then it does seem under closer examination, she isn't being as upfront as she can be about what "private" means when using startmail... as someone else pointed out.

She WILL turn over your information to the law if they ask for it.

We need a service who will NOT do that. Then we can get excited about it.

**anyone who wants to be taken SERIOUSLY needs to stay off the Alex Jones Comedy Hour.
edit on 1-7-2013 by CoincidenceTheorist because: alex jones is a fraud
edit on 1-7-2013 by CoincidenceTheorist because: fixing typos, which I tend to make when exposing frauds and shills the way I do hawhawhaw

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Are most of the people responding to this thread really that technically ignorant? I don't mean to insult you, but if you think that some new email service, that uses the public internet, is going to protect your communications, you are being as gullible as a child that believes in the Easter Bunny. The only entity that will protect your personal security is YOU.

If you really needed to keep your communications with others private over a public service like the web, encryption like PGP has been out for over 15 years, and anything you encrypted with it , would probably still be secure until today (read: "Until Today") . lest you were some kind of international sleuth with enough deception points that the NSA would devote thousand of hours of extremely expensive super computer time, trying to find out what was in a single email.

As the saying goes, if you have nothing to hide, then big friggin deal, but if you do, putting it on the web is the most absolutely stupidest thing you could do today, because what was un-crackable years ago is silly putty today and basically, as we move forward and adopt quantum technology, NOTHING encrypted will ever be safe. Every human invention designed to conceal something will be undone by another human invention that strives to uncover it.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantriQueptidez
reply to post by elouina

I don't think your sample size of 1 co-worker is good enough to make a fair generalization about today's youth.

Studies show the current teenagers and 20-somethings are more globally-aware, and concerned about social events, and cultural changes than the previous two.

I'm 30, and enjoy talking to those younger than I about a variety of topics.

This stuff goes in cycles, but today's generation is definitely on the upswing with awareness and care.

It was an example of one person out of many I have spoken to. But every single one of the youngins all react the same! And to be honest, they all voted Obama also. When I asked why, it was because Obama was going to give them free health insurance. They already get health insurance at $38 every 2 weeks, bui that is, "too much for them", so they don't buy it.
edit on 2-7-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join