Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Cops Forcibly Take Blood From Drivers Suspected of Drinking

page: 1
18
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Typed exact vid name in search and no results. Excuse if posted.

Quite simply put, we have lost all rights to our person when blood can be forcibly taken for "Suspected" crimes such as this.

Usually if you refuse to blow into the breathalyzer, you were considered guilty and thrown in the tank to face charges in the morning.

Now?



Many of you know where I stand on this. How about others?

Is it still "If you haven't done anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about?"

Well, what if you haven't done anything wrong, you are not drunk and are forced to the straps and have your blood taken? Still ok with it?

If you voluntarily give your blood because they demand it even tho you know you have done nothing wrong, you deserve what is coming IMO.

And where does the sample end up?

Peace


edit on 29-6-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)




posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
We're moving toward something sinister here, considering there are already laws in place to penalize those who refuse tests, and considering that those laws already achieve the purpose of getting the suspected drunk driver off the road overnight and in jail.

Drunk drivers do a lot of damage, but not as much damage as just plain old "Dumb Drivers", I am going to crunch some statistics sometime and put the results here, the numbers may surprise a lot of us.

Anyway.....forced blood draws are not a good sign since the purpose of the laws already in place are enough to get the suspect off of the road.

I think the term "Precedence" is going to come up later regarding other types of forced this and that for some reason or another, later.



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyHappyDogShiner
We're moving toward something sinister here, considering there are already laws in place to penalize those who refuse tests, and considering that those laws already achieve the purpose of getting the suspected drunk driver off the road overnight and in jail.

Drunk drivers do a lot of damage, but not as much damage as just plain old "Dumb Drivers", I am going to crunch some statistics sometime and put the results here, the numbers may surprise a lot of us.

Anyway.....forced blood draws are not a good sign since the purpose of the laws already in place are enough to get the suspect off of the road.

I think the term "Precedence" is going to come up later regarding other types of forced this and that for some reason or another, later.


It is indeed moving faster towards the fiction many of us were reading only a few decades ago.

Not enough people will stand up to this and it will become the norm...again.


Peace



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I have no problem with it, if the cop is a paramedic or RN. Otherwise it seems like he's unlicensed personnel performing a medical procedure.

Around here, they can take you to an ER but no way can they do it themselves.



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
I have no problem with it, if the cop is a paramedic or RN. Otherwise it seems like he's unlicensed personnel performing a medical procedure.

Around here, they can take you to an ER but no way can they do it themselves.


So if the cop is a paramedic, you are ok with being forced to give your blood even tho you know you are innocent?

Peace



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I don't by this one bit.

Forcibly?

Whats next, Forcibly shooting someone who is "presumed" innocent? oh wait..........



S&f



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


I'd rather have my license hang on a blood draw than a breathalyzer or a field sobriety test. And after all, if they think you're drunk they're not just gonna say "ok, have it your way no test have a good evening", you're gonna have to pony up something.

I just don't want Larry LEO with something to prove threading an 18 ga into a tendon and saying whoopsie a half dozen times with qualified immunity that keeps me from taking legal action against him for screwing up my arm.

eta: around here the draw is done and sealed by medical personnel and the cop never touches it. That, too, I like, because I don't trust cops handling easily tampered with evidence that scores them points. No alcohol on the finger rubbed on the tube stopper for me, thanks.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
reply to post by jude11
 


I'd rather have my license hang on a blood draw than a breathalyzer or a field sobriety test. And after all, if they think you're drunk they're not just gonna say "ok, have it your way no test have a good evening", you're gonna have to pony up something.

I just don't want Larry LEO with something to prove threading an 18 ga into a tendon and saying whoopsie a half dozen times with qualified immunity that keeps me from taking legal action against him for screwing up my arm.

eta: around here the draw is done and sealed by medical personnel and the cop never touches it. That, too, I like, because I don't trust cops handling easily tampered with evidence that scores them points. No alcohol on the finger rubbed on the tube stopper for me, thanks.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)


Well ok then...

Nothing else to say is there?

Good Luck Out There.

Peace



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
I don't by this one bit.

Forcibly?

Whats next, Forcibly shooting someone who is "presumed" innocent? oh wait..........



S&f



It's getting so scary and ridiculous now that even Orwell would have a WTF? moment...


Peace



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is quite disturbing, watching the video of those men held down lie that makes me want to lose control.

"What Country IS THIS?" as the man said at 1:12


Well, it's a country where taking blood against your will is apparently legal... at least in Georgia as per the video in the OP.

From what I get in the video, just by getting your license you basically agree to all of this. Maybe there is where some changes need to take place to stop this from going on?



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Is this pre or post arrest? If post probably the same justification as taking a DNA sample.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Redarguo because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
2010 U.S. traffic fatalities were 32,885, drunk driving was a factor in 32% of those incidents.
The bonehead newscaster stooge emphatically stated that more people are killed every year by drunk drivers than the iraq and afghanistan wars combined
Iraq deaths 4488+Afghanistan deaths 2057=6545....ok
These numbers are a wee bit more disturbing, and one cannot help but wonder why more dumb drivers are still on the road at all....
32885 death all drivers-10523.2 deaths drunk drivers=22361.8 deaths dumb drivers (which one kills more?)
this is what is referred to as "Marginalization".
These numbers were attained through a simple google search in less than 5 minutes.Believe what you wanna believe.......
I myself have way more run-ins with plain old dumb drivers.
edit on 29-6-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11


It's getting so scary and ridiculous now that even Orwell would have a WTF? moment...


Peace


I hear you brother...........

Just remember ....................guilty until proven guilty.










posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
OK just managed to watch video, the police need a search warrant to do so (after arrest), police have always had this power. Why is this even news?
edit on 29-6-2013 by Redarguo because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner
 


You'd have to adjust your numbers for something like how many per 100k, or your comparison isn't normalized and is meaningless. You can't compare head counts in different sized populations like that. If you've got 10,000 out of 50,000 drunks having wrecks, that's way different than 20,000 wrecks in 20,000,000 sober drivers. Yes, there are more wrecks in the sober population but there are WAY more sober than drunk drivers.



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


What the heck? (sorry about the swear)

These are police-state tactics!

Wrong. Wrongwrongwrong.

About the only Right we have left, is the Right to remain silent!



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
These are police-state tactics!


How many times are people going to say this before they just finally admit we actually live in one?

The hopeless are still clinging to the idea that we're still headed in that direction when it's painfully obvious we hit that threshold around 9/11.



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by beezzer
These are police-state tactics!


How many times are people going to say this before they just finally admit we actually live in one?

The hopeless are still clinging to the idea that we're still headed in that direction when it's painfully obvious we hit that threshold around 9/11.


What is, gathering evidence? Is the same standard applied to taking DNA from a murder suspect?



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 





So if the cop is a paramedic, you are ok with being forced to give your blood even tho you know you are innocent?


If you know you're innocent....why would you not take a breathalyser?

If you are a drunk driver....you deserve everything you got coming at you in my opinion.



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by jude11
 


What the heck? (sorry about the swear)

These are police-state tactics!

Wrong. Wrongwrongwrong.

About the only Right we have left, is the Right to remain silent!


Such language Bunny!!


And yes, you are right, right, right...






top topics



 
18
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join