It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heart risk warning over painkiller diclofenac

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Just a head's up to anyone who takes the painkiller diclofenac, it is quite a common painkiller and ive taken it myself in the past.

People with heart problems have been advised to stop using one of the most commonly prescribed anti-inflammatory drugs in the UK. The medicines regulator said painkiller diclofenac could significantly increase the risk of a heart attack or stroke for some patients. The advice has been updated after a European review of the risks.

They say that people who have suffered heart failure, heart disease or a stroke should stop using it completely and that people with diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and smokers should consult their doctor or pharmacist first.

Link

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i Just had to bump your thread,
I hate it when threads go under the radar. Its decent of you to post the warning. You have a flag and star.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

I was just prescribed this medication for Plantar fibromatosis (Heel pain) and after only 5 days on it I came to the conclusion that despite its effectiveness I was going to have to discontinue it because it made my heart pound in an alarming manner.

Kratom is a much better natural alternative. The pain relief from Kratom lasts 16 hours or more compared to the 3-4 hrs from most pain meds.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Coopdog

Natural alternatives are always better with little to no side effects, hence the reason that Big Pharma has been pushing for so many years for natural remedies to come under the control of the FDA. Big Pharma medicines treat one condition, cause two more with side effects and then they have to prescribe two more drugs to counter the side effects. Its a compounding cycle that only serves to destroy a persons body and make the pharmaceutical companies millions.

new topics

top topics

join