It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Non-Crappy Thread (or Foods that Constipate)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
if coffee/caffeine dehydrates people so bad I am surprised I have not died yet as some days coffee is ALL that goes into my system as far as liquids go. It has been that way for 30 years. Maybe my body is just adjusted to it.
I have started to drink a bit more water lately though, and now that you mention it, it seems to constipate me...lol How backwards is that?

LOL Well how backwards is it that the ONLY fruit I like is bananas, and they constipate! Sure, I love apples - in a pie!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Chicken breast, brown rice, and broccoli. From what I read way back when is that the most nutritious meals will have one fist/palm sized portion of the following:
reply to post by AshleyD

Sounds good! But I really REALLY don't want to cook, so how's this: what if I buy a lot of fried rice from an oriental restaurant, then go to a sub shop and have them cook up some peppers, mushrooms, and onions (a vegetarian type sandwich) and add it to the rice. That would be healthy and full of fiber, right?

P.S. It probably isn't healthy because I would love that!
edit on 7/1/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
if coffee/caffeine dehydrates people so bad I am surprised I have not died yet as some days coffee is ALL that goes into my system as far as liquids go. It has been that way for 30 years. Maybe my body is just adjusted to it.
I have started to drink a bit more water lately though, and now that you mention it, it seems to constipate me...lol How backwards is that?

Right there with you, DB. I can't fathom how a teaspoon of coffee can render a cup of water bad for me. I mean, what if I drank the water and ate a teaspoon of coffee later? What's the difference?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
reply to post by jiggerj

Try Fiber One cereal....the original flavor....
It works. All you need is about a half cup....60 calories.....and 14 grams of fiber.
Made my husband happy

We even give the dog some...and it's helped her out too.

An, oh yeah...you need more water in your diet....see the post above

edit on Sun Jun 30 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

I'm not joking with this reply: I really shouldn't do dairy products (two kidney stones so far from milk). So, Fiber One is pretty much corn, right? So, isn't that the same as Dorito's Nachos?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Fried rice will offset the nutritional value.

If you really don't want to cook then here is a cheat.

1). Rotisserie chicken. Most grocery stores/Wal-Mart will offer fully cooked rotisserie chickens in the deli.
2). Box of parboiled brown rice. Cuts your cooking time from 45 minutes down to ten.
3). Packages of microwaveable steamable broccoli or misc. veggies.
4). Optional: Planters mixed nuts.

I can't imagine it getting any easier than that. LOL! You can have your entire cooking done for the day in ten minutes- less than it would take you to make your macaroni and cheese and 20 daily sandwiches.

Let the brown rice cook on the stove (You can also get Uncle Ben's microwaveable brown rice packages but that will up your cost) and let the veggie packages nuke in the microwave while you tear up and debone the chicken. Then mix it all up in a big bowl. Grab a handful of nuts as a snack or dessert.

Shakes and smoothies are also amazing when you don't want to cook. I drink up to three smoothies a day. No cooking, very healthy and full of fiber, and less than 5 minutes cooking time. Make a large batch in the blender and drink throughout the day.

Hope some of these suggestions help you!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Oh hell jigger...

If you hate cooking (again, typical bachelor
) there is a ton of ready made foods in the deli section of the grocery store... as AshleyD suggested rotisserie chicken... plus a ton of other goodies, soups, salads, rice dishes, etc etc.

And if you feel like ordering in, chinese food is a healthier choice. Mixed greens with beef, mixed veggies, rice dishes, etc. Just stay away from the deep fried battered stuff.

Another words, cut back on all the breads and doughs you're wolfing down.

Drink your seven cups of java if you want (I do)... but drink lots of water later in the day to combat the dehydration. That's all.

You don't have to suffer from deprivation of your favourite foods/drinks, you just need to change up how their made. IE: instead of Kraft Dinner, buy a ready made frozen (or fresh) pasta dish that's mixed with veggies and a light flavourful sauce... Instead of bread sammiches, buy soft corn or flour tortillas and throw in your goodies and wrap it up just like a sammich, but less bulky bread.

I think you get the gist.

Men... pfft.

edit on 3-7-2013 by CranialSponge because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join