It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNITED STATES OF EUROPE!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Wot is with this obsession for europe to become a super state? i was reading my paper this morning & read that Tony Blair is doing his best not to have a referendum on it & get Britain into it without the public really knowing wot is going on. Now i dont belive everything a paper tells me but i dont really know wot,wen or if the UK will join the euro.

As far as im concerned the euro is france & germany's way of getting hold of the UK. They cudnt beat us in a war so they come up with a way to conquer us through politics.

If we had to join sumthing like europe to survive id much rather britain joined US i mean y cudnt that be done?

i know there of people on this site are from countries in europe who r in the euro & i wud like to know how its afected u?

Also if we do sign up to this wot happens if it dosnt work out how do we get out of it? One anwser would be war because i cudnt see them letting us leave without somekind of trouble.

Im from england & i dont think of myself as a europian im English thats how i wont to stay.I dont wont some guy i never voted for in brussels telling me wot i shud do its bad enough having t**ts like Blaire doing that.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I think Blair is waiting til after the elections then they'll go full steam ahead into Europe. Gordon Brown is supposed to be the new prime minister and Tony the new president of Europe thus keeping Britains ties with America. Just what I heard.

VzH

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 06:27 AM
link   

As far as im concerned the euro is france & germany's way of getting hold of the UK. They cudnt beat us in a war so they come up with a way to conquer us through politics.

France+Germany=Europe???

Wrong.............;
Europe = actually 15 counrties, each have a vote.....
France + Germany = 2 not a majority....................
It is one of the most dangerous (and wrong) anti EU argument in the UK.

Europe began to be built after WW2........
It would never have worked if germans and french, the 2 enemies of the 2 WW, do not reconciliated them.
Since, half a century passed, the EU construction continue......
Why is it so long? EU is a wonderful thing, each country debate with others, it takes times to found compromises....

Be aware that EU is not build on the US model but on the Switzerland model!

EU it s great, i hope UK will join, british are european after all

Let' s hope that Blair will launch a debate in UK!
I m not sure he will.....

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 06:29 AM
link   
The prizes in holland are double as before the euro,
what costed 10 FL now costs 10 EUROS, and
1 euros = 2.2 FL, so more than 220% increased in 1 year, means that u have the same amount of money every month, and u can buy less things, every year increases the prize of the food, cigarretes, gasoline, clothes, cars, etc, and a media is a 10-13% increasing, while public jobs, don�t even get 1-2% increasing every year, What do u get ? in 5 years with the same income you will buy a half of what you could in the past...

The elitists are doing the job, we have to get rid of them before they are able to finish their "unity agenda"

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 06:37 AM
link   
The same thing happened in Britain when we changed to decimalisation. Nobody could work out how much something was worth after the changeover from old money. The prices just hiked.
We are just going to get taxed beyond the pale. We already pay half our wages in tax in one form or another.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by VzH

France+Germany=Europe???

Wrong.............;
Europe = actually 15 counrties, each have a vote.....
France + Germany = 2 not a majority....................
It is one of the most dangerous (and wrong) anti EU argument in the UK.

Europe began to be built after WW2........
It would never have worked if germans and french, the 2 enemies of the 2 WW, do not reconciliated them.
Since, half a century passed, the EU construction continue......
Why is it so long? EU is a wonderful thing, each country debate with others, it takes times to found compromises....

Be aware that EU is not build on the US model but on the Switzerland model!

EU it s great, i hope UK will join, british are european after all

Let' s hope that Blair will launch a debate in UK!
I m not sure he will.....

Europe is not great, is the same as USA, controlled by those few, it is NOT GOOD , EUROPE is the responsable for almost half of the atrocities that has been going on for centuries, conquests, they are a cancer!!! and i know it good, i�ve lived on my life in europe, it just frustating that europeans are thinking that are better than the states, more civilizated, but in the end is the same meat, capitalism system, police state, and force the population to not think....

I really see this world with no future, we are just forgetting asia, south america, africa which are as well
CONTINENTS, but as always, US-EU-AU are the ones...
Believe me VzH there is no "good one" on this film, we are the ones suffering their social experiments in countries all over the world..

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 06:41 AM
link   
VzH i know there are more countrys in the euro than just France & germany but do you think if france & germany wernt on board the other countrys could do it by them selves? i dont think so.

VzH

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 07:11 AM
link   

VzH i know there are more countrys in the euro than just France & germany but do you think if france & germany wernt on board the other countrys could do it by them selves?

i dont think so.

I agree with you Hellequin.
It explain why France&Germany are called the motors of Europe, but it is a non sense to conclude that they got the power in EU! The EU building is a slow process, let's hope UK will join the Euro and will begin to take constructive postion in Europe.
It is important that a huge debate occur in UK about the Euro or the position the UK want to have in Europe.

Cold Anger~ You re right on Africa, Asia and south America. Even on ATS we do not have many thread on these continent.................... We, occidentals, forget the suffering of 80% of humanity.................Who besides are more ecological than us.........

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by VzH

VzH i know there are more countrys in the euro than just France & germany but do you think if france & germany wernt on board the other countrys could do it by them selves?

i dont think so.

I agree with you Hellequin.
It explain why France&Germany are called the motors of Europe, but it is a non sense to conclude that they got the power in EU! The EU building is a slow process, let's hope UK will join the Euro and will begin to take constructive postion in Europe.
It is important that a huge debate occur in UK about the Euro or the position the UK want to have in Europe.

Cold Anger~ You re right on Africa, Asia and south America. Even on ATS we do not have many thread on these continent.................... We, occidentals, forget the suffering of 80% of humanity.................Who besides are more ecological than us.........

Well said, at least u accept the facts, others don�t...
Sad but true

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 07:38 AM
link   
well i guess we will get to see wot happens i'm pretty sure UK will join europe wether the public wont it or not. All most everyone i know is against it but thats not everyone in the UK

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoLD aNGeR
1 euros = 2.2 FL, so more than 220% increased in 1 year

What are you talking about ?

I'm often going in The Netherlands and I didn't see such a thing. It's true the prices have climb up, but not so much ( maximum 40%, and it's not common ).

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
I understood that France was an expensive country, compare to Germany, Spain, Belgium...

I dont know about holland...

And even in compare with other places in France, PARIS, the city I live is really expensive.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Originally posted by CoLD aNGeR
1 euros = 2.2 FL, so more than 220% increased in 1 year

What are you talking about ?

I'm often going in The Netherlands and I didn't see such a thing. It's true the prices have climb up, but not so much ( maximum 40%, and it's not common ).

UP PLEASE 50% IN ALMOST ALL, EVERY DUTCH PERSON COMPLAINT AND THEY STILL COMPLAINT ABOUT IT,
AND ALSO, IN SPAIN
BTW I HAVE BELGIUM 5 KM NEXT TO ME NOW

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The European Union as it stands now is as defunct as the UN and for virtually the same reasons.

De Gaulle did not want the UK to join the EU originally in the 1950's because he felt that the UK would always ultimately put the USA first.
Britain begged time and time again to join.In the early 1970's we got our wish.
Blair has shown that De gaulle was right.Britain can not be trusted.
We have sought to influence the Union while never commiting to it.We have often acted as a foreign policy instrument of the USA,not only in the most recent and obvious cases but also we have undermined,where ever possible,the strength that comes from a close knit union.

We have always sought to expand the Union therebye weakening it's central powerbase.Most recently we were even prepared to advocate Turkey's entry for the short term foreign policy commitments of the USA.

We have proved ourselves to be the worst kind of partners,underhand and duplicitous.

A new EU must start again without our poisonous partnership.
Perhaps in the near future when the USA have proved that they would be willing to sacrifice even their closest allies for their own self interest will the British public realise that their is strength in union.
Let's hope that the continental Europeans forgive us and take us in.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I should also say that not long ago when the Democrats were in power we were the two largest economic and military groups in the world marching side by side towards the same goal.
It just shows how divisive this Bush Administration has been in just over two years.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 11:10 AM
link   
well I`m very much pro european and I`m not sure about some of your arguements.

All I`ll say is history is a much better judge of these situations than we are and whatever the doubts a united Europe is much better than one divided.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellequin
Wot is with this obsession for europe to become a super state? i was reading my paper this morning & read that Tony Blair is doing his best not to have a referendum on it & get Britain into it without the public really knowing wot is going on. Now i dont belive everything a paper tells me but i dont really know wot,wen or if the UK will join the euro.

If we had to join sumthing like europe to survive id much rather britain joined US i mean y cudnt that be done?

i know there of people on this site are from countries in europe who r in the euro & i wud like to know how its afected u?

Also if we do sign up to this wot happens if it dosnt work out how do we get out of it? One anwser would be war because i cudnt see them letting us leave without somekind of trouble.

Im from england & i dont think of myself as a europian im English thats how i wont to stay.I dont wont some guy i never voted for in brussels telling me wot i shud do its bad enough having t**ts like Blaire doing that.

For gods sake!!!

This is British education for you!

Well, if you consider yourself to be english then I am very happy to consider myself Mancunian!

English is not a race of people, we are basically Germanic, Gallic, Celtic, Nordic, franco-anglo-saxons. we are a big #ing mix of history.

This has NOTHING at all to do with the world wars?!!!

And, we were fighting for the french anyway, how can you be so ignorant to suggest that the euro has been "invented" to conquer England as Germany and FRANCE(!!!!) couldnt beat us in teh war!!!???

This is a disgustingly stupid post and I am thoroughly ashamed to share the same culture as you.

dom

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The English are a race of people. Of course they are. Just because early Homo Sapiens came out of Africa, we don't all call ourselves Africans, although that's the truth. One of my ancestors can be traced back to a French soldier who came over in 1066, I think by now I can fairly claim to be English! (although 1/16th Irish, 1/16th Italian)

As far as Europe goes, I always used to be anti-Europe, but right now I think we need a powerful second block in the world to oppose increasingly aggressive US foreign policy, so I've changed position. I would vote for the Euro, I would vote for further political integration, and I would be perfectly happy with a Spanish/ Italian/ Belgian/ French head of state. I know I'm not the only one who's had a similar change of heart since GW2...

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I agree with triplesod & dom but i have to say that not just english but everyone is mixed with everyone since the beginning of the human history...
And yes we all come from the first homo-sapiens in africa.
But mainly i have to say guys that i am not pro EU or pro Us or PRO nothing, i think that the earth is a entire place to live in, for all of us, and instead of fighting for who is rigth, just decide one simple thing,everyone knows right from wrong in the planet,when u make a bad action u know it, delete that , we can all live together without having empires or wars for territory...
I think this is too much, the plan of the elites is going to damn well, and i fear it, they are dividing the entire planet in ways to think, politicis, ideals, traditions, religions, that kills people, and it really doesn't help.
What is the earth a puzzle of 160 pieces in which everyone lives on his own "island"...
I really hope u understand my meaning, there is no need to be Pro US or Pro EU, because that is not a battle, there is no winner, well there is one, the elite, but we always are the loosers, no matter what the population pays...

posted on May, 16 2003 @ 04:11 AM
link   
Hey im a big lover of history triplesod ya dont have to lecture me about what blood is in me.

Also i was'nt on about any paticular war just the confilct's that have been going on between nations of europe for centurys there is still alot of hate around for other nations there always will be its human nature.

All i wanted is to get the veiws of people who were in the euro already to tell the pro's, con's of it & the veiws of other brits to.

Oh & dont feel to bad about feeling ashamed to share the same culture as me, im not jumping for joy to share the place with a manc either.

[Edited on 16-5-2003 by Hellequin]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join