It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Espionage Writing Contest [EWC] [WINNERS ANNOUNCED]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

All great ideas Druid, don't get me wrong I love giving out Writer status as much as the next guy.

The problem I run into, is that some members receive the writer status and then never participate again.

I've been keeping track of those who are consistent contributors and have given them writers status behind the scenes, when I see a lot of effort and participation.

I will be continuing the honorable mention process moving forward and it could include more than 1, but that's all determined based on the quality of story and member votes.

I can't decide for myself what constitutes good writing and what doesn't, so I do use stars and flags to help, but I also take into account member popularity.

Since I've been working in the Writing Contests I've been tweaking the design here and there and trying to make it better and more accessible.

I really appreciate the feedback

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I'm glad you listen. On with the tweaks.

You know at this point I'm going to ask.....When is the new contest?

A personal thanks.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Ah, sometime tomorrow maybe?

Haven't decided theme yet.

Shoot me a PM if you had anything in mind.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Thank you for the congrats Druid!
Your opinion means a lot to me. Hopefully I won't be someone who contributes only once and fades into the boards. I was hoping this contest would get my creative juices flowing as they've been stagnant for a few years and the endeavor has been successful. New ideas have been popping into my head regularly waiting for quiet time to emerge into print. With a little luck i will present some of that creativity soon for everyone's entertainment!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Thank you for the contest! Awesome stories and well deserved winners. Sorry I wasn't more active but have a radio thing and it took a lot of time.

Please, everyone, please keep writing!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Lots of great reads
thank you to everyone who takes the time to write and read.

I've said it before...Short stories is my favourite forum

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Nice win, but you should invest your winnings on a new razor.

Uhm, yeah, went there. No harm, mustache lady. Honest. It's just that I have too many co-workers whose wives have REAL mustaches. EWWWWWW.

I thought Neandertalis was extinct. Not true.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join