It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Espionage Writing Contest [EWC] [WINNERS ANNOUNCED]

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Glad here as well, thanks for mentioning it in BBQ.

Though, I like to read everyone's entries before I interject another. I put one in quick, but it lacks in flags to win, so I'll mull ideas and put another in before it's over. Dunno If I can't beat the leader, but I'll try.

In a battle of words, anyone can win. All in fun, and the creativity is awesome.

Great entries from everyone so far!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

it appears one way I only write one because I think writing 2 is kind of cheating but I liked yours and SnF it I did notice almost all that participated already have writer status so most people have nothing to gain anyways I guess except for flags, I was particularly impressed with the cat espionage story though lol with a meow here and a meow there was probably my favorite so far

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I got bored, sleep deprived, effected by allergy medication and verbose.... so very, very verbose.

My apologies ATS.

Then again, it can't be worse than most broadcast television and pop music these days... so it's not a total write off.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Um... would it be too much to ask if I could use something already posted as an entry?

It qualifies as espionage. I can't tell you HOW it qualifies as espionage, because that would be a spoiler... but its a rough draft of one of my best written stories. It's the first chapter & a half of my novel.

---> Adora

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Wow, nice stories, can't wait for more! Figured to try out, since it's right in my interest: www.abovetopsecret.com... Albeit not sure if I entered correctly as it's my first entry to the forum.
edit on 9-7-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yay! Another writing contest!

I was feeling in the mood last night when I saw this thread, so here it is:

Moment Of Truth

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Okay!

Mine is up.

It's called Electric Sin

Dark. Hope you enjoy.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Giving it another go folks! My latest tale of espionage for your enjoyment:
Regret
Please give it a quick read and let me know what you think!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
screw this me and my band will do an espionage song
edit on 11-7-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
OK mines up
I had fun researching and writing this story. I thought I'd go back to the first time the term Espionage was used in history, that was the first crusade. Bit different ! sorry Im a history geek

The old days they found ways to do covert operations, and pass messages! Most of the characters and events are real and I sourced the writings of William of Tyre a monk in the 12th century that recorded the history of the crusades. I of course used some poetic licences

have fun with it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 18-7-2013 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Hey all,

I've thrown a contribution in, titled The Vigil.
It's my first story here, ever, so please come take a look if you will...

The Vigil

I had no idea there were writing contests on ATS! I just found out today by clicking on Druid's signature... This is a quickie I pulled out of my brain at the last minute here, but I like it well enough...

Thank you!! And looking forward to reading everyone else's!

peace,
AB

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Hello Druid - I really appreciate you having the link to this forum/contests in your signature! I would never have found it otherwise. (I jump over to the Avatar thread every now and again - its a great place to go for a laugh!)

I've submitted something so late in the game that I think I'll be lucky if anyone sees it at all!!

peace,
AB

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Meh... sorry, I made this one a long time ago and forgot to add it to the original thread.

Probably too late to make much of a difference now, but you all should give it a read anyways.

---> Defiance of Orbis

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   
So who actually won?

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

I'm still tallying stuff, a little busy over the last few days.

Winners will be announced tomorrow

posted on Aug, 4 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Roger that 2da10thpwr, much respect there's probably a lot of material out there you have more patience then I.

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Winners Announced in the OP!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Congrats Everyone!!! :-)

Beautiful job - wonderful writing! I look forward to reading more of the offerings from all the contest contributors!

peace,
AB

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Congratulations to everyone!

This was my first venture into an ATS writing contest and it was so much fun! Thanks for all the wonderful stories, and thank you for taking time to read mine as well. Kudos to all!

posted on Aug, 5 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Congrats to the winners! Great stories, as always.

Special Congrats to littled16 for gaining Writer status! That was very well earned. Best of luck to all the other entrants in this contest, as they were all great stories, in the next contest. I think we'll have a few more return contributors.....

That said:

I have a small issue to address, tenth. (Since you've seemed to have "earned" this forum!) All the winners already have writer status, so that has nothing to help the contributors who crafted equally interesting stories, but lack the flags to win, who are seeking writer status. The question remains, is this about good writing, or about flags and stars?

I think some revision could be beneficial to help others get writing status if they enter and deserve it. I've read several stories that didn't win because they didn't get the flags, but excellent stories nonetheless. Those people deserve a separate judging category.

Call it the "New Writers" category, or something, and place 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, and hand out writer status 3 times a month, at the end of each contest. There are many good writers here, and many that are new, but get blown down by the already awesome writers here. I don't think we should overlook their contributions just because the more popular members always win.

Three new writers per month. Aside of the normal contest, you'd also be giving the underdogs a chance to win. A simple check of their "Writer" status would determine what category they are in.

Sure, that makes 6 winners per month, but hey, there are enough entries for me to say I enjoy reading most every one.

<< 1  2    4 >>

join