It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Espionage Writing Contest [EWC] [WINNERS ANNOUNCED]

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

Yep, it's based solely on flags. Therefore, you need to discover ways to get more flags. You can advertise your story in your sig line, offering a quick link and a request to "flag if you like it". You can send a few u2us to your friends here to stop by and read. Those ideas will produce a few flags for you, but hey, I just checked, and you are past me in flags for this contest. Currently, you're in second place.

Best of luck in the contest!

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

You bring up a valid point. Yes in certain ways some of these entries will be more popular than others based on who wrote them. That's unfortunate, but it's the way things work everywhere really. To be honest, a lot of the times a few of our more popular members will send me a PM requesting that I disregard their entry when judging occurs, just so newer members can get a nod and that status.

However, you do have a valid point like I said.

So in light of that, honorable mentions from members without the writer status will be awarded based on a council of staff members and some other members of my choosing.

2 additional members will receive writer status and 3 applause in that case.

Does that make it a bit more fair?

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Dude, your story was boss level

I S&Fd

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LizardSlicks

Im more interested in knowing if anything outside of the stars and flags are considered due to more popular people not that thats a bad thing I just am curious to know if a mod or someone actually reads all of them. I read them as I see new ones getting posted and realized that its easy to miss some to the way side because of frequency of posts being made.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

That answers my question, I wasnt really griping I was really just curious

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I read them, but to stay impartial I don't vote, meaning I don't ad stars or flags.

I give out the applause when the contest is over and then will go and star/flag the ones I like.

I know you weren't trying to gripe, but these contests only get better with member input.

Keep it up

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Thats really cool then that you read them all Ive been trying to read them as they come out when I get the time and realized the difficulty in keeping up with all the ones that come out while working on the rest of my entry.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   

This link will take you directly to the Short Stories Forum and I 'top' all the threads in that list for easy finding

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I'm glad it's time for another writing contest!

I knocked the dust off my keyboard, and wrote this little piece of darkness:

Dialing Death and Dropping Dice

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Who Is Watching You?!

Just a for fun entry, not to be considered as part of the contest.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Thanks for the link, I have short stories as one of my favorited forums but lately entries have been coming in left and write (
)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I like these contests because they encourage me to be creative!

Hear is my entry:

Edward
edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
DAMN!

The ONE week I don't have internet access, a contest finally pops up.

Rest assured, I WILL find time for this one. My novel and my mangas will have to wait.

Babysitting around the clock should give me a little writing time.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Read, and FLAG if you dare!

Please, Don't Flag This Thread!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I concluded my piece thank everyone for all the nice comments I apologize for it being in pieces but the rest is there

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
My first entry;

---> Snitch

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Got a story in, "On Dreams" link in my sig. Read and throw out some feedback and I'll return the favor.
edit on 6-7-2013 by LizardSlicks because: no thumbs

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Mine is taking more time than I thought. I want to read everyone's entries but will refrain until I'm done with mine.

Glad to see people back into this!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LizardSlicks

A bit of editing would be nice in your sig line. One link is chopped off, and there's a space between links that you should take out to tidy up your sig area.

I Hopped over to read, and read enough to know I'll read it in depth tomorrow, very descriptive, and not to be enjoyed at this late hour. Comments will be forthcoming.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

hope you read mine lol apparently no one read how it ends

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join