It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Califoria Schools to Train Kids To Sell Obamacare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

The Los Angeles Unified School District will use a state grant to train teens to promote ObamaCare to family members. Covered California, the state’s health insurance exchange, announced grants of $37 million on May 14 to promote the nationally unpopular law.

37 million for this crap. The adults don't even understand this ridiculous law.

“We have confidence that the model LA Unified brought to the table will be successful in reaching our target population, which includes family members of students,” she said.

This is more government waste. I'm glad they have confidence it will work....I don't.

Unpaid Propagandizers The district listed adult education students, part-time, and contract employees as its target population. Teens will be trained to be messengers not to those groups, but to their own families, to get more people enrolled in taxpayer-subsidized healthcare.

This is disturbing on so many levels.

Additionally, field monitors will be assigned to grantees to verify their progress,” Hughes said.

Absolutely no chance of fraud there.

Pollard-Terry said the district is familiar with running grants like this one and federal ones of similar size: “This grant is ‘paid in the rear,’ so the funding will come based on performance. The district front-funds positions and we have the ability to start using existing staff for the most part.”

I thought I felt something in my rear.

Humanevents.com
edit on 29-6-2013 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2013 by whyamIhere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by whyamIhere

Something I'm not getting here on these things is why they continously need to "sell" this to the "public" as if WE have any say in the matter. It makes people feel special and all important I suppose. They can say great things while feeling like they're advancing a cause. However, what am I missing here??

Why is there 'selling' of the Obamacare anything?? It's law, yes? This isn't a case of soda pop people need convinced to buy. The whole point is, like it or not, no one gives a hoot because here it IS coming by penalty of the IRS otherwise.

If this is any good, the places to sell are the State Houses that most directly control whether this is implemented at all and in what form that takes, if any. Missouri passed an outright state Constitutional Amendment against this and that can be sold to till they turn blue and go broke. It won't change the fact the law here says it's not happening. That will be one of a few Constitutional / 10th amendment fights coming which should be clean.

Likewise, where it IS happening, why the wasted money making a big party of a process people pretty much lost any choice about when it passed in 2009? Mighty expensive parties too, I might add.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
While I find this to be.. undesirable (to say the least), teens have been used in marketing to influence their parents decisions for quite some time. Generally, teens are extremely easy to manipulate, and their parents are more easily manipulated through their children than they are through many other methods.

I dont like the practice, in any way, but this just seems par for the course.

I echo Wrabbit though, what an odd "need" that they feel they need to "sell" this to people. I thought it has been made clear it is happening whether people like it or not, why go through this trouble?

Makes me think it is just a front to funnel more funds to someones offshore bank account. Or really, nowadays, its probably just down the street.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I mean this as a totaly a-political comment. Anyone that capitalizes on the ease of programmability of children, and does so for any purpose regardless of the cause, good, bad or otherwise, is a form of kidnapping with intent for abuse. The children are already a captive absorption platform, forced to attend and respond to the curriculum under threat of failures repercussions.

If you can't man up and talk adult to adult about adult subjects and instead abuse children, you are a fascist.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
What I want to know why any selling is needed at all?

The damn travesty is LAW no selling needed.

From the NFL to Librarians, and now kids selling smoke and mirrors.

This just gets more ignorant by the day.
edit on 29-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
3 years. If I can hang on for just 3 more years my daughter will be out of school.

Everyday I read headlines about the ignorance blooming like the plague in our public school systems. This is just another way they have found they can "use" your kid to their benefit. It has always been done, just never on par par with what it is now.

Selling Obamacare is like selling contacts to the blind IMO. It's not worth having, and if it were.... it would sell itself. They wouldn't have to pay anyone to whore their plan out to the masses. Folks would be lining up for it in droves.

This is the most expensive piece of free shiite I have seen in my 3+ decades. Really.

edit on 6/29/2013 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Yet another good argument for home schooling. I wonder if Obama's daughters could be recruited to sell the value of the Constitution to their parents?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I don't need a kid to tell me my VA benefits are going up in cost next month from 600 per year to 3000 per year...

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Having read the article mentioned and the posting the following can be stated:

To answer the question as to why use children, the answer is what most experts state, inorder for this to work, everyone, both young and old have to participate. If people do not participate, then it will fail from the get go and the law will start to burden the federal government, so it needs to get as many people going onto the roles as possible as quick as possible before 2014, when the law will come into full effect.

Now why use schools for this, well this is the old carrot, stick, and mule routine. So to get the ball rolling, they start with the children, then start to get them involved, by offering the one thing that most public schools need, more money. The put up the funds to get this started, and if it does well, the schools not only get reimbursed, but more funding for the school/district. What is probably not stated, is that if schools do not do well, it can result in a reduction of federal funds to the public education for the district or even the state schools, so that is something to watch and pay attention to.

But lets just say for example, that this works, then what? These students are then instructed to expand their activities, to go out into their communities, and ultimately try to get more people to sign up, and report back, those that do sign up and those that don't, that way they can track and then turn around and get those who do not participate, and ultimately, start to nudge them, if not begin to take more punititive measures.

It is always first nudge, then a gentle push, then it becomes law, and ultimately, it causes more and more problems for those who chose not to participate. And slowly bring the rest of society into line. Kind of like some of the laws that are out there now, where one person or government agency thought it was a good idea, and then it slowly was worked into being law later on.

If anything I would tell parents, to look at their school districts and slam them for even considering this and tell the federal government that they need to do their own dirty work, not to just use people.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
You mean Los Angeles schools. Even then you're not sure what they're selling...this is under the California health exchange. Being paid for by California.

It's really difficult to grasp, I know. There are thousands of government programs that most people aren't aware of. There's no reason that the state health exchange should be one of those.

top topics

join