It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you genuinely care?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

How can people be so numb?
When all people want the same thing - To live.

What does it mean to be alive if we don't have a future?

How do we ensure our futures???

Give a hand to children all around the world who are suffering from poverty or neglect.... Those children need you more then ever... Those neglected, or those who never had opportunity, could have been the greatest leader to ever live.

If this is not a political issue, and local issue, then I don't know what is...

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Very powerful words and visuals in that video.
Yes....I do care. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
If this is an issue you are passionate about, then do all you can to lead by example. Give your time, your blood, your tears, your money. Just don't try to use the police powers of government to force others to do the same. Convert them to your way of thinking by your example. Let people help you because they want to. Using violence of government to force others to do things is never the answer no matter how worthy the project.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I do the best I can.

We are all victim of society as we know it...

Seems more would like to watch you fall, then to make something of yourself, or help others.

Thank you

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Peace4Futures

I believe in acting on what you see around you, in terms of acting positively. Thats why when I see poverty stricken people out in the streets, I go out of my way to assist them, in whatever small way I can manage. I see a hungry homeless person, they get food. I see people too drunk as hell to look after themselves, I look out for them. I see someone being mugged, I get involved and prevent it.

If we care about people in nations which our governments see fit to destroy by industry, then our governments can look after those. The rest of us have a duty to those less fortunate in our OWN nations, to support them and protect them where possible, from the most savage effects of things like the austerity measures being applied here in the UK for instance.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
If you feed them, you'll get more until they're right back in the same state, only more of them. It might be kinder to let them be.

They're hungry NOW because they can't sustain that population.

So if you actually care, you need to implement a draconian birth control policy before you dump food at the problem.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Yeah, because that hasnt failed before in other nations, honest guv.

Total rot in any case. People arent starving because there is too little food. People are starving because they have had thier livelihoods taken from them, lost thier entire stability platform as a direct, or indirect result of government meddling in the affairs of citizens, and thier lack of involvement in redundancy mitigation efforts.

Britain has seen sales of iconic companies, and the movement of thier operations to other shores. This is not environmental, but politically caused poverty that we are seeing these days. Any assertion otherwise requires the wool to be firmly placed about ones eyes, and probably glued down at the corners.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

But we're not talking Britain as much as, say, Somalia, or maybe parts of the Balkans.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

join