It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why being Gay IS a Natural thing

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Though there can be a high value to creating and sharing a lasting and loving bond between two individuals one bond is Ideal and sacred all others are not. And I mean sacred as sanctioned by God Almighty in the most common sense of the worlds religions.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I'm not sure how you can deny homosexuality as a natural occurrence, that's like denying the existence carbon dioxide to oxygen.
edit on 29-6-2013 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

A natural occurrence ? You mean like hiv, black plague, and mad cow disease ?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRhenn
soooo what part of that don't you understand?

Oh, I understand it just fine.

You do understand how letters/words of hebrew is used right? The term could very well mean either and both. Even.. as you mentioned above, it it's watered down to show what you think you have made it appear.

None of that makes any sense at all to me. I'm sorry. I don't think it's a good idea for us to even try to have a discussion about this.

I have said what I want to in this thread, so I'll leave it to those who wish to continue arguing about something that's really neither here nor there.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Don't you love those certain troglodytes who put forth the claim you "choose" to be gay? Like they, if they wanted to, could CHOOSE to enjoy a sexual encounter with a member of the same sex.

Like I, straight as an arrow, could consciously choose a lover of the same sex and wholeheartedly ENJOY it.

We are hard wired for sexual arousal, usually in order to guarantee the reproduction of our species. But not everyone's wires are programmed for the same thing. I am attracted and aroused by the sight of a beautiful woman. Some guys are aroused at the sight of another male. Some guys are even turned on by both males and females.

Although it's certainly true on a physiological basis that homosexuality is essentially a fruitless endeavor (I would strongly object to the term un-natural) in terms of reproduction, it is not a meaningless distinction nor is it perverse or wrong.

As far as I'm concerned all acts of love are justified and if you ain't treading on me, I ain't treading on you. What you do with the ones you love is nobody's business.

And I won't even get into the 'selective literalists' who use the Bible as justification to discriminate and claim America is cursed because we allow people the right to do what they want in private... Anyone who has studied the Bible long enough to understand its meaning and the lessons taught therein understands that "God" holds no ill will for gay people, quite the opposite, and terms such as 'sodomite' have been taken and distorted to fuel backwards thinking people's hatred.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by balanc3

That's your belief. I respect your right to religous belief, right up to the point that someone tries to force their religous opinions onto me.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by BriGuyTM90

Does it really mater if its natural or not?

I guess cell phone towers are not exactly natural, but here we are using them every day.
Both natural and unnatural impulses matter very little in the general scheme of things.
Making babies is perfectly natural, having abortions is not unless it happens spontaneously in miscarriage, but a d&c not so natural.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotGames2

I'm not disagreeing with you, but unlike you, I can't choose to be gay. I have been given several chances to switch, and arousal just could not happen. It was not a lack of desire to get off that prevented the act.
edit on 29-6-2013 by tamusan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

Comparing animals to humans is just foolish dude. Animals live in the wild and do crazy things, they even eat their own feces and puke. So does that mean since animals eat their feces and puke that it is natural for a human to do the same because we share the same planet?

IF and that is a BIG IF homosexuality was natural...could our planet sustain it's population and continue to live on through the centuries if every single human was gay? I mean it's all natural and everything as you claim so we should be able to survive if we was all gay right? WRONG.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

It is moreso the belief of billions rather than just mine. I merely presented what are statistical and historical Ideals.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

Your headline reads "Why being Gay IS a Natural thing", but contradict yourself by stating this

My point of this thread is to discuss logically why homosexuality is natural
You do realize the words "gay" and "homosexual" DID NOT have the same meaning, until recently, right? Thanks to the LGBT.

Gay Definition (Well, this is what is USED TO MEAN)

For most of its life in English, the word's primary meaning was "joyful", "carefree", "bright and showy", and the word was very commonly used with this meaning in speech and literature.

Homosexuality Definition

The word homosexual is a Greek and Latin hybrid, with the first element derived from Greek ὁμός homos, 'same' (not related to the Latin homo, 'man', as in Homo sapiens), thus connoting sexual acts and affections between members of the same sex, including lesbianism.

We want "equality" amongst our peers of 1%ers, never mind the 99%ers, that are twisting the meaning of things; to benefit their agenda; so they continue robbing us blind.

Here's a bonus word: NATURAL

The word nature is derived from the Latin word natura, or "essential qualities, innate disposition", and in ancient times, literally meant "BIRTH".

When homosexuals "BIRTH", then you can say it's "natural". The way i see it, homosexuals don't have a problem destroying our species, in their quest for "happiness". Unfortunately, no one or no thing can make you happy. You have to look deep within yourself to find your own happiness. Stop trying to find "happiness" from an outside source! IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN!!!

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
So homosexuality is a defense mechanism for over population? This implies that there is some invisible hand manipulating people into homosexual tendencies as the population increases. So homosexuality is a disease basically?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MuzzleBreak

So now your argument is that it's victimless? We've done away with "naturally occurring" as a justification?

And what's your argument? What's your objection and your case?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

Homosexuality does not control the population and most of the homosexual couples I know have now had two kids out of a heterosexual union (with IVF like Elton John).

Thinking & feeling that you need to try to defend or normalize homosexuality by comparing a sexual preference to that of selected same sex animal humping is "natural" ?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Why being Gay IS a Natural thing

I don't think I've ever believed for one minute that homosexuality is 'unnatural'. In fact, I don't think that we can be anything in this physical existence that doesn't fall under the header of 'natural' in one sense or another.

But, that said... sexuality has a purpose and that is to procreate. Less that reason, males would have no stem and females no fruit bowl. The next question is how/why does homosexuality exist to begin with?

It could be a means which nature uses to slow down a species from overpopulating or it could be something more akin to a disease. But, either way, it is NOT unnatural.

I have often questioned why some of our big and massive healthcare quarters have never delved into the cause of homosexuality or sought to find a cure. Cancer is not unnatural, neither is Polio, Tuberculosis or any of a hundred other maladies.

One angle on the above is that those afflicted simply don't feel the need for a cure. If you had TB or VD or leprosy... you would WANT^ a cure. But in this case, the symptoms simply change your sexual preference... so why mess with it?

I am no scientist and I do not harbor any ill will whatsoever to the gay community. But I do... from time to time, enter civil dialogue on the subject just to get outside thought.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I would like to say first that I am a straight, 110% pro-gay rights. Homosexuals should be afforded the same rights and benefits as any other human, married or otherwise.

Homosexual "acts" in the animal kingdom are displays of dominance, not affection. Furthermore, in some cases - what might be considered "homosexual" acts are not. They are simply the natural order of things. Their really is no concept of "sexuality" in the animal kingdom. Sexuality is a fairly new and modern western construct. If the purpose of life is to survive, which essentially, it is - than reproduction is essential.

However, your science here is flawed and skewed. Furthermore, It is my belief that homosexuality is "natural" in the same way a human born with a "handicap" is natural.
For purposes of recreation- homosexuality is a flaw. That is not to say that homosexuals are less than. The same way that any other "handicap" is less then. Homosexuals can overcome this "handicap" and continue their lineage by choosing to reproduce, if they want. They are still capable of reproducing, they are simply missing the arousal towards opposite sexes to do it.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak
Rape, murder, theft, cannibalism--all naturally occurring also.

I have to agree with this.

When arguing with someone, if you become so infuriated you have a natural instinct to smash their head on the concrete doesn't make it the right thing to do.

Between homosexuality and heterosexuality--heterosexuality reproduces. Homosexuality produces nothing.

While I'm not a supporter of homosexuality, I'm not an enemy of it either.

I don't care what homosexuals do.

But, to argue that homosexuality is natural, normal, and some even imply that its more natural than heterosexuality is ridiculous. Homosexuality does not reproduce, and its nothing but a behavior... similar to any other behavior that rejects the regular order of things.

I find it ignorant and extremely annoying when people make the argument of "Well, who are YOU to say what's natural and what's not?"

I'm not God. But I AM a human being with the ability of cognitive thought, and I am able to observe very simple logic. Heterosexuality is designed to reproduce. Homosexuality is not. And I don't have to have some Godly status to have a "right" to observe and state the obvious.

You wanna be gay? Be gay. Fine with me.

But I'm tired of being called a conservative bigot just because I'm not a liberal marching the streets with "PRO GAY" signs, fighting for their right to marriage when I'm concerned with more important things, like GMOs, gun control, depopulation, etc etc.

Seriously, this touchy topic needs to be left alone.

There are more important life-threatening issues going on.

edit on 29-6-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: typo

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

But I'm tired of being called a conservative bigot just because I'm not a liberal marching the streets with "PRO GAY" signs, fighting for their right to marriage

I'm just going to go ahead and throw it out there.....you've never been called a bigot for not "marching the streets with "PRO GAY" signs, fighting for their right to marriage"

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Is it a natural thing? Sure. It happens in nature.

Is it normal? No. And not I'm not some crazy christian.

I suspect in time modern science will discover that homosexuality is disorder due to one of two things. A genetic malfunction inherited from one or both parents, or a chemical imbalance in the brain.

And I say disorder, because if you really be honest with yourself, the goal of all species, from bacteria up to humans, is to reproduce. Some species have lasted millions of years. Some have died out. But I think we can all agree that they all are hardwired to perpetuate themselves. There wouldn't be ANY life on this planet if that wasn't the case.

So is it natural? Yes. Is it normal? No.

And that doesn't mean they should be discriminated against in any fashion. Like I said, science I think will eventually tell us a great deal more in time, about why this happens across species.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Natural - Adjective
Existing in or caused by nature; not made or caused by humankind

You're taking Natural as a noun.

Also how are Homosexuals "destroying" our species? I don't know what you mean by that.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPlow

But I'm tired of being called a conservative bigot just because I'm not a liberal marching the streets with "PRO GAY" signs, fighting for their right to marriage

I'm just going to go ahead and throw it out there.....you've never been called a bigot for not "marching the streets with "PRO GAY" signs, fighting for their right to marriage"

I've been called a bigot for saying "Well... I don't support gay marriage, I'd never be gay. Its against my beliefs. But I don't care what they do, its their life."

The subject is too touchy.

edit on 29-6-2013 by XxNightAngelusxX because: typo

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join