It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why being Gay IS a Natural thing

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
To the OP, I already said I was sexually harassed by a gay person when I was asleep.

You said yourself you have been in a eight year relationship, and I wouldn't understand what love is. I said members of the same sex aren't physically compatible and had to get creative to have sex and that's why it isn't natural. Are things really that bad though, I have heard people compare the civil rights movement that African Americans had to what gay people are going through. Don't you think that is a little much. So you can't get married, marriage is a religious thing. I said I have been alone for eight years. If you were gay and alone for almost a decade and you lived in a society where 99% of people weren't gay and you couldn't find anyone and you were miserable and alone, I bet you would have a different story.

To each their own, relax a little bit. The average person is repulsed by the thought of same sex people having sex. I heard Republicans in their forties and fifties compare homosexual sex to beastiality and incest on the Daily Show on TV. They are the ones who make the laws. If you head to the Bible Belt in this country you will find a lot of people who are extremely religious like the republicans.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spawn2001
To the OP, I already said I was sexually harassed by a gay person when I was asleep.

You said yourself you have been in a eight year relationship, and I wouldn't understand what love is. I said members of the same sex aren't physically compatible and had to get creative to have sex and that's why it isn't natural. Are things really that bad though, I have heard people compare the civil rights movement that African Americans had to what gay people are going through. Don't you think that is a little much. So you can't get married, marriage is a religious thing. I said I have been alone for eight years. If you were gay and alone for almost a decade and you lived in a society where 99% of people weren't gay and you couldn't find anyone and you were miserable and alone, I bet you would have a different story.

To each their own, relax a little bit. The average person is repulsed by the thought of same sex people having sex. I heard Republicans in their forties and fifties compare homosexual sex to beastiality and incest on the Daily Show on TV. They are the ones who make the laws. If you head to the Bible Belt in this country you will find a lot of people who are extremely religious like the republicans.

You wouldn't believe how frequently Gay people are harassed by straight people..
imagine the harassment gay ladies face by extremely obtuse, extremely forward, straight men!! You would not believe it!
edit on 30-6-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

link   

You wouldn't believe how frequently Gay people are harassed by straight people..
imagine the harassment gay ladies face by extremely obtuse, extremely forward, straight men!! You would not believe it!

link   

You wouldn't believe how frequently gay people are severely harassed by straight people..
Imagine the harassment gay ladies face by extremely obtuse, extremely forward, straight men!! You would not believe it!

link   

You wouldn't believe how frequently Gay people are severely harassed by straight people..
Imagine the harassment gay ladies face by extremely obtuse, extremely forward, straight men!! You would not believe it!

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Well it seems God and Nature do not want them to reproduce. I have no problems with lifestyle choices for any individual. I do have a problem when those individuals try to impose their wills on others.

I don't think that makes me a bigot or hater. It makes me a believer of free will at no harm to others.

Bill

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Camperguy
Well it seems God and Nature do not want them to reproduce. I have no problems with lifestyle choices for any individual. I do have a problem when those individuals try to impose their wills on others.

I don't think that makes me a bigot or hater. It makes me a believer of free will at no harm to others.

Bill

If nature or 'God' didn't 'want' homosexuals to breed, why aren't they sterile?

My question to those saying " I have no problems with lifestyle choices for any individual. I do have a problem when those individuals try to impose their wills on others." is simply..

Are homosexuals trying to impose their lifestyles on others, or are certain heterosexuals trying to impose their lifestyles on others?

How many gay people have you ever met that have said same sex marriage should be the only option, for instance? How many heterosexuals have you met that think man/woman marriage should be the only option?
edit on 30-6-2013 by MichaelPMaccabee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Bill

i hear this a lot and i'm just wondering, what you mean personally by 'imposing our will on others'?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Some folk fear you will infect them with gayness....They think they could be gay and are afraid.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Haha, thats funny.

Could also just be that people think its discusting and dont like to look at it as a part of our soceity.
OR it could be the fact that many people who base their life on religion especially the bible in this case, and now they see that what has been believed in for thousands of years now officially is a joke.

Suddently the bible is interpret as its okay to be homoseksual, when it has been a sin for arround ever.
The gays screwed up every ordinary christians by imposing gay marriage.

I dont mind gays, but be gay inside your house, in a cave or in front of a highspeed train

dont impose your wishes down on an entire religion

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Minus

I dont agree.
Thos animals do it to dominate the other male OR because they tdont know better and think they are female. No animals says to themselves, im born to be gay and conscious engage another male because its gay.

Homosexual behavior in animals goes far beyond attempt to dominate the other male. Even the OP verifies this. Such behaviours include sexual activity, courtship, affection, pair bonding, and parenting among same-sex animal pairing.

Claiming that it's because the animals "think they are female" is total nonsense.

According to geneticist Simon Levay in 1996, "Although homosexual behavior is very common in the animal world, it seems to be very uncommon that individual animals have a long-lasting predisposition to engage in such behavior to the exclusion of heterosexual activities. Thus, a homosexual orientation, if one can speak of such thing in animals, seems to be a rarity."[7] One species in which exclusive homosexual orientation occurs, however, is that of domesticated sheep (Ovis aries).[8][9] "About 10% of rams (males) refuse to mate with ewes (females) but do readily mate with other rams."[9]

en.wikipedia.org...

reply to post by Minus

I agree on they are confused, and theres some chemical imbalance.
They are also just regular average nice people like most of us.

More nonsense.

The only people qualified to say whether they are confused or not are gay people themselves. Generally they are not confused. They like the same sex. Just because you either can not fathom that they feel this way, does not make them confused. That makes you confused.

The problem is that the soceity decided it was OK, and the gay issue is right up in peoples faces now, the gays just dont care that other people have issues with it and pay NO respect to that, but craves alot of respect themselves. instead of being happy its legal and just go on, they have to show everybody all the time and in full public.

What a load of selfish nonsense. And please note the emphasis on the word selfish!

About a month ago I was walking down a street in the middle of the city. It wasn't too busy, as Swanston Street usually is. I saw two gay men, early 20's, walking down the street, holding hands. I thought it was a beautiful expression of love. However, it was obviously, that they, despite being pretty normal looking individually (actually pretty good looking) were uncomfortable. It wasn't hard to see why. They were turning heads. Getting weird looks. It's the same thing with any form of same-sex affection.

Why don't you remove yourself from your little selfish mindset, and put yourself in their shoes. Imagine not being able to be with the person you love without being made to feel like a total outcast. Merely for holding hands. Perhaps a kiss. And then have people tell you that it's your fault, and that you should be respectful. Just because selfish little people don't like it when two guys hold hands.

Why don't you face it. You hate gays for being gay.

And stop the lame excuses like im born with it.

Are you really naive enough to think that people would consciously choose to be gay? Why would anyone chose to be gay? What possible advantages does it have? Why would someone choose to be a social outcast? It's the way they are.

edit on 30/6/13 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Minus

Same could be said about religion...keep it apart from state, keep it inside your home and don't preach to others.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

well what a bunch of nonsense - most of it. thank you for sharing your view, but as long it not is okay to NOT like gays, its hard to get a discussion out of it.
Im not a hater, just a disliker so go hang me for that...

"Are you really naive enough to think that people would consciously choose to be gay? Why would anyone chose to be gay? What possible advantages does it have? Why would someone choose to be a social outcast? It's the way they are. "

Why do they keep telling "im gay and im proud"?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Minus

keep it inside your home and don't preach to others.

thats exactly my words on gays

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Minus

Why do they keep telling "im gay and im proud"?

Have you tried asking them?

It's not a choice nor is it an achievement, but since the society considers them somehow inferior and contempts them, they have the feeling that they need to show that they're not ashamed of the way they were born.

answers.yahoo.com...

I think the same can be said for any minority group really. You face oppression, hate and ignorance from family, friends, society and you're told that you're unnatural or a lesser being. You have to hide who you are or pretend to be something else or else be prepared to lose friends, contact with family, over something you cannot help. It can have a huge impact on your life, and be a major part of your identity and culture, some people are more involved in it than others. It's not so much being proud of being gay, it's more like saying I'm not ashamed, this is who I am, and I'm proud of it. You're proud of accepting yourself and proud of the struggles you've faced from being a minority, it is a long process, and that is an accomplishment.

answers.yahoo.com...

"I thought that being gay was no more a choice than being straight is."
-It's not, but you haven't been physically attacked for being straight, denied a job or a home because you are straight or told since birth that who you are is "evil" nor have you been called a pedophile simply for being straight.

Think of it this way asker, saying "I'm proud to be who I am" is really just saying "I'm not ashamed to be gay". The only reason you'd be against this is if you are incredibly stupid or you are a bigot. The reason we have parades and refuse to be told to sit down and shut up is to show younger gay people that there are others like them.

answers.yahoo.com...

Also here's a good website:

Tell me why your proud to be gay!

I'm proud to be gay because before I knew I was gay, I stood up for gay people. If a feminine guy got picked on, I'd tell the guys that just because he didn't act like them didn't give them the right to pick on him. But then again, I did that with everybody who was "different"

I'm proud to be myself. I'm gay.

I feel good about myself. That means every part of what I am. Unfortunately it took me a while to get where I am but now that I am here I really hope others can see me and hopefully accept themselves and feel better a little earlier.

More:

Why So Proud Caleb?
and
Why So Proud Greg?

There you go.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Minus

I find having Christianity forced on me every day offensive, and I guess disgusting. Especially when many Christians use their faith to abuse others "For the word of God" and then hide under ambiguous scripture.

Suddently the bible is interpret as its okay to be homoseksual, when it has been a sin for arround ever. The gays screwed up every ordinary christians by imposing gay marriage. I dont mind gays, but be gay inside your house, in a cave or in front of a highspeed train dont impose your wishes down on an entire religion

OK I'm all for the train, I'll go after you. Don't impose your entire religion on my wishes

I'd rather read a post from Darth Prime than the bible any morning

Cody

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by MuzzleBreak
Rape, murder, theft, cannibalism--all naturally occurring also.

Yes.true.

But in the end,its all simply choice and free will.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

Bill

If nature or 'God' didn't 'want' homosexuals to breed, why aren't they sterile?

My question to those saying " I have no problems with lifestyle choices for any individual. I do have a problem when those individuals try to impose their wills on others." is simply..

Are homosexuals trying to impose their lifestyles on others, or are certain heterosexuals trying to impose their lifestyles on others?

How many gay people have you ever met that have said same sex marriage should be the only option, for instance? How many heterosexuals have you met that think man/woman marriage should be the only option?
editit on 30-6-2013 by MichaelPMaccabee because: (no reason given)

I meant the ability of 2 female or 2 males being able to procreate with each other without artificial means. Unfortunately my experience with gay couples raising children isn't a positive one. Yes I know plenty of straight parents suck as well. Personally I don't care about gay marriage either way.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

ok you proved that gays lies to themselves and others bout being proud, when they are in fact ashamed by it - and also answered my question thanks.

I dont denie that they have a hard time being gay, or its a hard life they get when they come forward with it. but they should like others in the soceity be able to control their perversity - isnt that what we want from phedofiles ect, not to compare them to eachother, but to determine the ability to control yourself against abnormal selfdestructive seksual behavior.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Minus

ok you proved that gays lies to themselves and others bout being proud, when they are in fact ashamed by it - and also answered my question thanks.

I dont denie that they have a hard time being gay, or its a hard life they get when they come forward with it. but they should like others in the soceity be able to control their perversity - isnt that what we want from phedofiles ect, not to compare them to eachother, but to determine the ability to control yourself against abnormal selfdestructive seksual behavior.p

You just continually do not get it. Allow me to bold the relevant sections.

Gay Pride is not the LGBTQ community feeling accomplished or boastful about their sexual orientation, and it is not about parades and rainbows. It is about creating a safe space for LGTBQ members to commune together in support of each other, it is about welcoming those outside our community to join us and learn who we are to educate away the stereotypes, and most of all it is about personal strength. It means that I have overcome the shame, the ridicule, and the discrimination I once associated with being myself. It means I have allowed myself to transcend how other people’s insecurities affect me when revealing my orientation. And it means that I am proud that I have chosen to be honest with myself and others about who I am, that I will make no apologies for it, and that I will continue to be happy and successful by my own standards because I choose to do so everyday.

www.loveboldly.net...

This is born out of the fact that gay people are not treated the same as straight people. Straight people, can, for example, hold hands without getting weird looks. They can for example, get married, and get all of the advantages that brings. Gay pride has very little to do with turning people gay, saying gay people are better than straight people, or by trying to be perverse as possible in public.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join