It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Names New Settlement After Obama [from 2011]

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Why did you put ironic in quotations?

I wonder what it is that they are conspiring?

Why would you assume that they are conspiring?

The hardliners in Israel always have their bulldozers ready to demolish Palestinian homes. They won't stop until every Palestinian is pushed into the sea.

Which sea? The Jordan river to the right? There's no Palestinian territory adjacent to a sea.

Though I think you meant to refer to the Arab exhortation that they would throw the Jews into the Mediterranean sea.

To top it off, this new settlement will now permanently separate two Palestinian territories so it will make it even more difficult for the citizens of the occupied West Bank to conduct their daily travels, it's already quite a task.

LOL, are you serious? Look at the map. There is a vast area to the right of the "Obama" settlement.

They might as well come out and admit that they will not stop until they have stolen the Euphrates to the Nile as this certainly appears to be their intention.

Wow, so you're one of those conspiracy theorists. You jump in with the white supremacists and fundamentalists who think Israel wants Jordan, Syria, parts of Iraq, parts of Egypt (even though they returned the Sinai to Egypt in exchange for peace? Doesn't that poke a hole in the theory?) in addition to the west bank? The term "greater Israel" - forget what medieval commentators said, and the Bible and the other religious stuff - really only refers to Israel + west bank. You might know that, but for whatever psychotic reason, you don't care to limit yourself to that fact.

This is ethnic cleansing by forcing Arabs out of their homes to make place for Jews.

You know how people - intelligent people - can tell that you're a wily propagandist? You don't speak with any tenor of restraint. You go on all out - you pick the worse possible angle when you judge Israel: they want countries beyond the west bank (a situation which makes strategic sense for the Israelis); they want to racially cleanse the land of Arabs to make space for Jews (even though Israel is a defacto secular democratic - and largely humanistic - society. How do you even reconcile that fact with what you aver? Or do you just your readers wont have the mental acuity to notice the illogicality of your thinking?). Pretty much: Jews are monsters. Or, Israeli (Jews) are Monsters. Or, I can just say Israeli (without the "Jews") are monsters. In short, you deny the sincerity of their secularistic positions. You deny them the basic humanity - psychology - that typifies everyone. There's not a single flagrant abuser of human rights amongst democratic countries. Israel is rated by the world freedom index as having a fairly democratic society, albeit, with issues of inequality between Arabs and Jews. But these issues are "small" compared to the abuses committed by many other nations. Meanwhile, look at the whole middle east. Not a single one of them has a better democratic track record than Israel. Yet is is Israel who is singled out, demonized, while the rest of the others are blithely ignored.

Iran named a street after Rachel Corrie, Israel named a settlement after Obama.

LOL nice touch

The Islamic Republic of Iran - the very some Islamic Republic who murdered protestors during the 2009 Green movement protests, are the good guys?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

The gaza strip is... you know... next to the sea. So... there are palestinian territories near the sea.

As for for pushing israel into the sea, well its not like theres a good and big enough active volcano nearby so...

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Israel is the most hypocrite in peace talk.

It always points his knife under the table and keeps the victim face on the table.

They always increase demolishing more homes and farms of Palestinian people , and in the same time they call all the nations and tell them they want peace.

And if the Palestinian side refuses to let this hypocrisy happen , they blame the Palestinian side and increase the speed of demolishing.

I really like that Palestine refuse to talk with this hypocrite beast.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

Yes you are right, the article is from 2011.

I apologize about the misinformation and any misleading as it was not my intention.

I have alerted the admins to delete this thread.

Thank you.
Yea I believe we should go this route.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

@OP, although I agree that the Zionists are naming this illegal settlement after Obama as a poke in his face, I'd also say he deserves to have one of these illegal, scurrilous settlements named after him for jack-all that he has done to pressure Israel to stop building them. It's very fitting that he will have one named after him.

Moreover, the world should bring into use the verb form of "Obama": to kill someone you suspect of being involved in illegal activities just by vague, secret, patterns of behavior the person has participated in, but against whom you have no evidence of wrongdoing, and then you even deny having killed the person. That's pulling an Obama, or Obama'ing.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
You sure its not a hoax? Cannot find anything about Obama settlement in Hebrew or English sources. I highly doubt that Netanyahu will push Obama that far,given the uneasy relationship between the two.

This is one from a few months ago on Reuters, was the only half-way credible nonsense I could find on the subject
www.reuters.com...

Seems everyone got a little turned around, Obama is talking about the settlements, but he's not having one named after him.
edit on 30-6-2013 by windslayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
"Israel Names New Settlement After Obama "

Well that's dissapointing,I was hoping for them to go with.....
Sesame Street

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
To me, it seems like the Israeli's want to put Obamas name on it to put him in bad light.
It has nothing to do with Obama, but the Israeli's arent appreciating Obama's lack of will to fight for the Israeli cause, so what better way to turn up the heat on Obama, than by placing his name on a very, sore, settlement!
edit on 29-6-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)
I agree and am not happy about this.Another ploy inspired by Israeli to drag us into their Palestinian morass.Thanks Israel have another 8 billion.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Its funny that most people will jump on anything "middle east" or an Obama thread.. But this only has 20-something replies! Lol!

Americans are funny people.. They will jump all over things that really have no value or progession when it comes to arguing or opinionating - but something like this and thye are speechless-tongue tied

Sorry; but I had too. I saw this at the top and noticed little replies but many flags and stars

Do you think the American peopole will figure out their NON-native president is pulling strings in the middle east? Do you think they even care enough DO anyhting about it?

Meh.. Todays news, tomorrows nothing, the future's NWO

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

I haven't read thru replies beyond the OP yet, so i'm guessing i'll only be echoing sentiments, but it seems to me in this instance like they're trying to provoke Muslim (and Christian if any are still left in Palestinian territory) anger toward the US. Not saying that because its Israel, but because those settlements ARE illegal by international law, agreed upon when the lands which were granted to the re-established Israel were agreed upon, and which only continued to exist as Israel thanks to the international community who enforced the bequeathing of said lands. If we (nations involved) are going to allow them to not only continue, but expand, then just come out and say they now belong to Israel.

ETA - ack...as to the post right above me by Covertpanther - often, certain types of posts warrant a lot of attention but not a lot of bickering lr debate. Regardless of whatever American-puppet nation you're from has you believing, Americans aren't idiots - most just don't focus so much on ridiculous political issues the way other nations do because even in the worst of times, most if us have it better than people in most of the world. We don't have to spend our time salivating over whatever wild conspiracy some other nation's right-wing mouthpieces come up with about decades-long conspiracies to plant a foreign-born individual as President...to think you're pointing out the ridiculousness of others by writing a post full of ridiculousness, especially with the logic being a shortage of replies somehow being indicitive of what you think it is (but isn't), well...it must be a difficult world for you. Anyhow, as to interpreting what different posting/flagging/starring patterns mean, as you enter your 2nd month as a member of ATS, you'll start understanding things a bit better.
edit on 6/30/2013 by dogstar23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Err, wow..

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Obama doesn't even have to speak to AIPAC for Israel to know what he's going to do. Between their spying and Zionist domination of banking interests I'd say his saddle is on pretty tight. Naming a settlement after him is a black eye for Obama. I have little doubt we'll suddenly see a wave of violence against Palestinians in that very spot soon.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
Obama doesn't even have to speak to AIPAC for Israel to know what he's going to do. Between their spying and Zionist domination of banking interests I'd say his saddle is on pretty tight. Naming a settlement after him is a black eye for Obama. I have little doubt we'll suddenly see a wave of violence against Palestinians in that very spot soon.

You do realize that this claim is from 2011 ,there is no serious source for this nor Obama settlement anywhere in Israel in mid of 2013. Maybe checking other things you state as facts would reveal different picture,too.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

just wanted to correct your info about the Rachel Corrie street , its not in Iran , its in Ramallah , every thing written on that sign board is in Arabic and the Iranians will never use Arabic on their signs.

the sign

top topics

<< 1   >>

join