It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some stuff about vaccinations you might not know and Herpes Zoster?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I developed singles in a small area of about a quarter ten years ago after been under incredible stress for an unknown diagnostic and following surgery.

The littler patch looked just like blisters and even that small made all my glands in my groin get swollen and painful to the point that I could not walk.

My doctor just look at me and told me it was shingles.

It went away in two weeks.

I never have an episode again.

Yup they go away like most things of this type do.

My mom had shingles horribly. She broke out along the waste band of her pants. Here Doc gave her a drug for the break out. The drug shut down her kidneys and she almost died. I have learned that stress is a major cause for shingle break outs. When my mother had break outs after this incident we simple tried to clam her down. Reducing her stress worked like a charm.

Seems to me that mother natures vaccines are far better for us and dont cost us a thing. If it aint broke then why fix it?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Personally, I did get the chicken pox vaccine. Why? Because I was 25 years old and had never had the virus. For an adult, getting chicken pox can be life threatening, so I decided to go with the vaccine. Seems logical in my case. I'm not sure it's necessary for children, though. I assumed that the vaccine was meant for people like myself who were at risk as adults. :/

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deirdre
Personally, I did get the chicken pox vaccine. Why? Because I was 25 years old and had never had the virus. For an adult, getting chicken pox can be life threatening, so I decided to go with the vaccine. Seems logical in my case. I'm not sure it's necessary for children, though. I assumed that the vaccine was meant for people like myself who were at risk as adults. :/

I have heard this claim before and yet I have not seen any concrete proof beyond what big pharma pushes and wants us to except as truth. Their truth.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideBankers

I have heard this claim before and yet I have not seen any concrete proof beyond what big pharma pushes and wants us to except as truth. Their truth.

Do you really think it's impossible to never get chicken pox? My brother never got it either, and when he got the vaccination, he came down with a very mild case (fever and a handful of spots). This would have been impossible if he had previously been exposed, because his body should in theory already have the antibodies for it.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Deirdre

No I don't think its impossible. I have known people who never got chicken pox. So if ya went 25 years without getting it why give it to yourself?

My point was that I had heard that chicken pox can be deadly to adults but haven't seen any real proof or studies on it beyond pharmaceutical propaganda.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SuicideBankers

Ah, okay, I misread your post, then. BTW, I have also gone my entire life without getting a cavity! guess I just have good luck?

But yeah, I can't help you with the evidence thing. It all depends on who you trust and want to believe. If you don't believe in scientific studies, or research that comes from certain places, I can't convince you otherwise. But long before any chicken pox vaccine was pushed, parents for generations would "try" to get their kids sick because they knew it was a more dangerous disease as adults. So there's that.

Personally, I work in a pharma lab, testing medicines. It seems pretty legit to me. We're so strictly regulated, that not a week goes by without someone inspecting or touring the lab. It's true that they make a lot of money and design some unnecessary things (cosmaceuticals, we call them, AKA wrinkle creams etc.). But we do actually have to prove that our medicines are safe and effective before selling them. If not, I'd be out of work. I'm not saying it isn't an evil industry that only cares about profits. Certainly there is little care for actually making anyone better (at least at the top; in the lab we do care ofc), and the medicines are sold at sky high prices. Of course, that is what we get for treating healthcare as a for-profit industry in the first place, but that is a rant for a different day...

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   

reply to post by SuicideBankers

Ah, okay, I misread your post, then. BTW, I have also gone my entire life without getting a cavity! guess I just have good luck?

But yeah, I can't help you with the evidence thing. It all depends on who you trust and want to believe. If you don't believe in scientific studies, or research that comes from certain places, I can't convince you otherwise. But long before any chicken pox vaccine was pushed, parents for generations would "try" to get their kids sick because they knew it was a more dangerous disease as adults. So there's that.

Personally, I work in a pharma lab, testing medicines. It seems pretty legit to me. We're so strictly regulated, that not a week goes by without someone inspecting or touring the lab. It's true that they make a lot of money and design some unnecessary things (cosmaceuticals, we call them, AKA wrinkle creams etc.). But we do actually have to prove that our medicines are safe and effective before selling them. If not, I'd be out of work. I'm not saying it isn't an evil industry that only cares about profits. Certainly there is little care for actually making anyone better (at least at the top; in the lab we do care ofc), and the medicines are sold at sky high prices. Of course, that is what we get for treating healthcare as a for-profit industry in the first place, but that is a rant for a different day...

I think we can eradicate the whole argument with your last sentence. You are absolutely right. If we can agree on this the rest will fall in line but when the day comes when healing is for healing and not for profit I think you might find yourself out of a job. I think big pharma dies when people realize we don't need a chemical concoction to make us better.

A chicken pox party was how I got chicken pox although we didn't have a name for it back in my day.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Thanks, I think I'd be happy to look for another job if it meant medicine was not a profit making industry.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

Interesting isn't it? But predictable really. Vaccines mess with the immune system - a system that no one understands. Kinda makes sense that blocking one hole in the dike just makes water break through somewhere else.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

THX THX .

Could some balanced, sane, open minded medical experts give some advice please, related to this . . .

Had Chicken pox. the real deal.

Am 66+ years old.

Should I or should I NOT get the anti-Shingles vaccine

or would that be only tempting evil yuckkies even more?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join