It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the conjuring film 2013 inspired by true story

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
most of today's Hollywood films claim "based on a true story". but this one due out summer 2013 apparently is.

the story contains all levels of ghost interaction. from the friendly quiet spirit to the evil spirit with the worst of intentions for the people of the home. I enjoy a good scary movie. the trailer for this one was pretty good. the short you tube video about the incidents that occurred in the home makes me sit and go hmmmmmm. it is suppose to be one of the most documented cases of haunted houses. I am not trying to promote the Hollywood film. my purpose for making this thread was to share a story of a haunting with ATS.

here is the link of the short version of what happened in the home.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 29-6-2013 by subfab because: my youtube link did not work. trying again.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

I've seen the trailer for the film, not the video you linked, and it looks really good. I need to watch your link later when I get home. Thanks for the info.

edit on 29-6-2013 by ifeelsohigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

I'll see it, but you know what they say. Based on a true story is someone's name is the same.
Anyway personal haunting or like well documented?

My wife has these night terrors. Always has. Scary waking up to her screaming. She doesn't believe its night terrors, but that she herself if haunted.

I was out of town at work. She had laid my son down to sleep. She herself jumped into bed that lay next to the crib. Around midnight she can hear what seems to be someone slowly walking up the stairs. She could count what step it was on by the creeks of the wood. All of a sudden a dark figure was in the doorway. It moved to her. Held her blankets down so she couldn't move. Laughing in her face it said Why is your baby crying? That isn't your child it is my child. Lights and tv go off. Then the baby starts crying. Everything flickers back on. The baby isn't crying anymore. The thing isn't there. She said she could feel like someone was staring into her that night. Not at her. Into her. She still has night terrors and refuses to be home alone now.

She told me when I got back. Very serious face. Crying the whole time. I hear things now and then, but I brush it off as a house settling.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

that would scare the heck out of me.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Hauntings make me wonder if there is only evil in and 'outside' of this world. You rarely hear about good spirits showing up and doing good things. What if we are all decieved and there is only a hell?

It also makes me wonder why they didn't pack up and leave sooner.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
or as is standard to stop night terrors, call out to Jesus. Even if you are not a Christian, demons fear just His name.
Try it

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SecretsOfMe
Hauntings make me wonder if there is only evil in and 'outside' of this world. You rarely hear about good spirits showing up and doing good things. What if we are all decieved and there is only a hell?

It also makes me wonder why they didn't pack up and leave sooner.

The reason for this is fairly simple, however... Fear sells; and fear of the unknown prevails.

There are many positive experiences with the "world beyond our senses".... The easy genre of loved lost ones coming back and leaving a little message of "don't worry, I'm all right" has happened countless of times.

Just trying to promote the notions that "Good & Evil" can be fairly moot when digging deeper into these phenomena.

"What's normal for the spider, is chaos to the fly."

I'd warrant that the majority of negative paranormal experiences were actually splinters of strong emotion. Ever walked into a house and just felt like it was "Evil" or "negative"? Only to find out later that dark deeds had definitely taken place there. .Maybe much of this are fragments of the past, trapped energy struggling to free its-self back into the cosmos.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
After watching the video, i have to say that i don't really believe the interviewees. They act too over the top, and just look and feel like actors. Further, one only just has to add the apparent story (which has all the makings of every other cheesy paranormal movie out there) in order to see that the story is just an over the top, dramatic movie intended to draw attention:

During a séance gone horribly wrong, they unleashed an unholy host; the spirit called Bathsheba...a God-forsaken soul. Perceiving herself to be mistress of the house, she did not appreciate the competition. The family's mother, Carolyn, had long been under siege; overt threats issued in the form of fire...a mother's greatest fear.

I will keep an eye on it, but it just seems to me, to be fake. Sorry.
edit on 29-6-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

i like spooky movies! will watch this

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This happened in a town not far from me. I will be going to see this movie for sure.

edit on 29-6-2013 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I will download it for a good laugh

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
what do they say about " based on a true story" all it means is someone in the film has the correct name

posted on Jul, 29 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Hello everyone.

I love a good ghost story or horror movie, based on a true story or not. Most especially, I love 'B' horror films
I know, there's no accounting for taste.

Anyway, my roommate and I went out to see this movie. The movie actually made me jump 1 time and left me feeling creeped out about a half dozen times. That's actually pretty good. If you like ghost stories, it's worth seeing on a matinee. Still this has been one of the better based on a true story horror movies I've seen in awhile.

It would be awesome to be near this place. I once lived in Iowa and wasn't too far from Villisca Axe Murder House (where 8 people were murdered). I kick myself for not taking the time to go visit the place. Anyway.

I've read a lot about this case from the Warren Files and watched the interviews and read some of the fact vs. fiction. Lorraine Warren also visited and consulted on the set.

Overall the family stands behind this movie. The one who wrote the book about the family experiences there was even a consultant and the family visited the set of the film too. They all said that some dramatizations were done and some of the facts were bent for the sake of a cohesive story and it was made more intense (the time line was compressed like in the Lord of the Ring Series) since they basically had to cover 10 years (roughly 1970 to 1980)of living there in a 2 hour film.

Not a lot of 'based on true events' movies get the support of the people who were involved in the actual occurrences. That said, the 3rd act was probably my least favorite, where they wrap it up neatly. Still though, many of the ghostly things that happened in the movie also correspond to things that actually happened to the family members, so they might have more than just name involved in calling it a true story

The family just didn't leave because they were a family of 7 and had no one they could all stay with and they had sunk their money into the land and property, all 200 acres of it, not just the little bit the film said they had. Though they did eventually have to sell most of the land.

There were a long series of deaths there from the previous family, which had lived there like 8 generations. Some were from suicides and hangings and sickness. The whole Bathsheba Sherman subplot in the movie was very fictionalized, though that is the spirit they said was the main one causing the bad haunting. But the real story and the movie one are one of the very different points.

The homes also look TOTALLY different. The one in the movie is a Manor and the one in real life is a farm house and barn.

The Doll in the movie is horribly creepy. The doll in real life is a raggedy Andy doll.

There were actually a lot of sprits in the house and most of them were not overly scary or harmful. It was when they did the séance and brought in the spirit of Bathsheba Sherman that the harmful stuff started and that is what the movie does the focus on, sans the séance.

And to this day, the place is still haunted, but apparently it's all pretty calm these days.

Anyway, I thought it was a pretty good movie. One thing though - I HATE it when they put animals in frelling horror movies. So -1 star because of animals in it. Otherwise, 3 starts out of 5 for me.
edit on 29-7-2013 by Thanatos0042 because: bad spelling

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I enjoyed the movie - period.

It was a well done horror flick that made great use of visual and audio effects. It's ties to the real life event are clearly going to have been warped to make it fit into a movie, as the real events spanned several years, but either way it was a great scare flick.

Damn scary really. Go see it

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I saw the trailer for this flick & it made me jump. Not many films make me jump anymore. I will go & see it when it comes to the UK.
Why do they always hold seances in these types of films? If it were me I'd be too scared to have a seance.
Anyway it looks good & creepy.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SecretsOfMe

Then you haven't been paying attention. There's stories all over of spirits who have helped various people. Like the man who was about to commit suicide. A woman spirit who lived in his house several decades ago talked him out of it. Or how people have been healed by a spirit. Several stories talk about how they've been woken up by a spirit because of a fire. Or how some children have been saved by various spirits. (Tons of this stuff on Google and elsewhere.)

I believe it's just like the news, people concentrate on the bad things because it gets more attention.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
I saw this movie,it was very intense and creepy,if this was a true story i feel very sorry for the family who had to deal with it

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
A true story!!!

FFS

edit on 31-7-2013 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Based on a true story leaves much to be desired for those seeking a realistic, factual and credible account of the actual incidents.

While the movie was based on events that took place, those specific accounts differ depending on who's story you believe and it would require you to believe something because there is no actual proof of this happening outside of first hand accounts from witnesses.

Despite the movie showing that they had video taped the "exorcism" sadly, this was not the case. It was not video taped nor was anything that supposedly happened in the house.

The original investigators of the case, the college group of paranormal researchers that first came into the house claim to have some sound recordings of some minor significance but there is zero photographic or video evidence. This original team are the ones who contacted Ed and Lorraine Warren.

I have to believe something happened there, too many people said it did for me to completely discount that possibility but as far as being truly depicted on screen as it really happened? I'm gonna say, not even close.

I will tell you though the movie was highly entertaining and quite terrifying. I would highly recommend seeing it if you like scary movies.
edit on 31-7-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Helious

I don't mind if they make it different, it is a movie not a doco, and I all want is to be scared and spooked and bury my head under the arms of the person I watch with

Watch through fingers, blanket or jersey pulled up over my face . The odd muffled squeal and I'm good!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join