It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Practitioners of the pagan religion...Real magic...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I recently really got into the use of sigils in motion pictures. When scientifically diving into the first thing I learned is that personal sigil magic just uses numbers or letters abstractly arranged in a way that only the sub-conscious mind understands and comprehends. Certain Sentences of desire have been known to be registered on the sub-conscious levels and induce a range of emotions.

They can be used to manipulate you into buying coca-cola so on and so forth. Like the word sex pops up in Disney movies in weird ways. Those are Sentences of lust or "lust sigils" influencing our youth on a sub-conscious level. Brainwashing if you will. The sex plosion of the 90's is most certainly a by-product of the Disney Seductress. That is not a hard one to understand. We would go to every Disney movie. When I heard about another Disney movie coming out, my butthole puckered up and always felt like I need to "pee". How young and dumb was. I was on the phone in seconds... "Grandma...can we come over this weekend and spend the night...".

Anyways ats... Come up with your own Sigils. Or sentences of desire and put the out in the world. Positive empowerment leads to positive empowerment.

Im going to make one with the paint program and it will be a look within yourself sigil. The letters LOKWITHNYURSEF broken into 3 sigils and post them online amongst my facebook friends.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
It's arguable what magic is, really. A lot of things that I used to think were normal turned out to be magical. For example, lucid dreaming - being aware that I am dreaming when I am - is one I used to do all the time when I was younger.

Lately, I have gotten into herbalism and bought some different extracts. One of the properties of the extract Tarragon is that it is supposed to help with lucid dreaming, and wow, I used some the other night and had lucid dreams for the first time in years.
edit on 29-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by eso322

Sigil magic is similar to a hypnotic tool that allows you to access your subconscious. Its a fascinating subject. I enjoyed hearing Grant Morrison speak about the practice.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Lucid dreaming is considered magic? Hm, then I'm a magician...

Me I don't use herbs. Each times I see the Moon in my dream I become lucid.

edit on 29-6-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
It's arguable what magic is, really.

I beg to differ. Magicks ARE the manipulation of man mind and nature by any means. Lights colors sounds the way words are arranged, THOUGHT....

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   

A lot of things that I used to think were normal turned out to be magical.

And lot of things many people think are very magi(k)al are actually quite normal...

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Sigils only work for the person who created them. When the person who created it sees it at a later time it reminds the subconcious to work to create what the magician wills. If another person sees the sigil, it means nothing to their subconcious because they did not create it. I look at Magick (and prayer) as a kind of computer programming with the computer being the brain.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by eso322

It's arguable what magic is, really.

I beg to differ. Magicks ARE the manipulation of man mind and nature by any means. Lights colors sounds the way words are arranged, THOUGHT....

Thats not magic, thats simply manipulation. There is no such thing as real magic. It's make believe.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
IMO, all of creation is magic, everything is alive. Reality is impossible, yet it is, and you're experiencing it and your will is effecting it.

Because of the butterfly effect, everything is "casting spells" upon the universe and having it's "magical" effects, no matter how small.
edit on 29-6-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by swanne
reply to post by darkbake

Lucid dreaming is considered magic? Hm, then I'm a magician...

Me I don't use herbs. Each times I see the Moon in my dream I become lucid.

edit on 29-6-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

Everyone is a magician.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Lmao...silly rabbit.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by eso322

Laugh all you want, you cannot prove Real Magic exists. If you could, I'd of course give you credit where credit is due.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
reply to post by eso322

Laugh all you want, you cannot prove Real Magic exists. If you could, I'd of course give you credit where credit is due.

You have no understanding of what magic is... Just what you have been CONDITIONED to understand. When you come to the realization and admit that you have been manipulated since the day you were born you can begin to break the spells/BINDS that bind you to your current understanding of not only magic but life...

Until then you can continue to be a sheeple with no mind of your own

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by eso322

Just what you have been CONDITIONED to understand.

I agree. After all, our wireless technologies could be defined as "magic" if you were to present these to folks living in the, say, 1600s. In fact magnetism was, at one time, considered magic (see Mesmer).

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I'm not entirely sure its make-believe as such. I suspect that a lot of magic is partial knowledge from previous civilisations. Things like incantations, could they simply originally have been voice commands for computers from a bygone civilisation, and over time, as these things do, they have become superstitious. There is a lot of symbology in ancient texts, which describe things we can currently interpret as technological, but their only frame of reference is what they know so they will describe it to match as closely as they can, and if they cannot do even that, then it becomes magical.

If there was a great collapse of civilisation, and there are many texts that say there was, the old ways would soon become myth. Technology would become magic. Great people of the day would become gods. Can you imagine what would happen after this civilisation dies? In thousands of years time, people could, for example, worship the ancient god Usain (Bolt) the lightning god, or any of the current massive celebrities. And our technology would be forgotten, but certain details remembered and being passed down as folklore, just as it was done in the past.

Rituals are not always symbolic. They often can serve a valid purpose, we often refer to them as routines. Medical surgery, machinery operation, etc etc. Its quite easy to imagine how the techniques lost over time become replaced by superstition by people who cannot fill in the gaps for something that they knew had significance in the past. Also, Symbology is always important. Its everywhere, it warns, it informs, it advertises. Its basically language, and I can bet that a lot of magical symbology has its roots in advanced, pre-current civilisation language. Even pre-historic corporate logos.

A lot of magicians throughout history were scientifically aware, and they used this to their advantage to pose as magicians. A good magician never reveals his secrets, for a good reason, because once they do their illusion is smashed and they lose their livelihood, or at least, their exclusivity to that livelihood. Its so easy for people to pose as magicians, or even gods, if they can coincide events with something like an eclipse, or use electricity to kill people. Using psychology to manipulate people. Human nature to prophecy. Historic documents are full of such phenomena.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Magic in short is, using your energy to bring everything in accordance with your will.
Hence, manipulation is a form of magic, some are good at it, some are not.
lower magic it is mostly called.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I think a quite simply thing happened to the pagan term magic, it became called miracles by the next thought conquerors of the West, the Desert religions. What many people don't realise is that apart from Christ there were at least two other men performing 'miracles when Christ was living: Appolonius and Simon Magus. Magnus was reported of having levitated in some script not mentioned in the bible and I seem to remember Appolonius had performed healing miracles. (I read it a long time ago).

Though pagan by thought I had the usual conditioning but I always remember something I think is quite pertinent said by Christ - (You can use your minds to move mountains) . I think he acknowledged that each of us has an ability to do magic through our minds and that magic or miracles was a mind-controlling energy kind of ability that perhaps we have lost. We also know that huge great stones were moved all over the world for the cyclopean buildings we can still see despite no technology left as to how they were moved etc.

I think its also important to remember that Western and some Eastern religions seem to have started with someone deliberately isolating themselves and then by starvation and time, getting themselves into a state of - call it what you like - 'religious ecstasy'; however I am not sure whether any of the individual founders themselves performed miracles or magic. We often forget that Christ himself did not start, what we know today as Christianity.

Ignorring that though, because we have so little of the pagan ideas left due to the desert religion's zealots etc I feel we need to look to societies where the old ways have been quietly preserved in the West and, because I suspect a worldwide belief system once existed, to societies that have kept their old ways by their Shamans.

I read Graham Hancocks book about his travels to South America and experiencing a drug used by the Shamens there to access - to us a religious experience and to them the 'other world, the ancestor world or the alternate world' - call it what you will. Hancock tells of other people's experiences and of his own where he journeyed to a place with serpents that did not harm him. He has carried out a lot of research and apart from thoroughly enjoying his books, I believe a lot of what he writes.

The idea of getting advice from another 'world' is a fascinating one but when you consider how many pray to God in heaven (another world) and that many seem to be ignorred, IMHO the current religious experience where noone is capable of performing either magic/magic is a lost cause because it obviously doesn't change a thing for the betterment of mankind.

I read Dark Bake's post on her lujcid dreams and think that we have always since time began for us used plants for diffferent experiences and healing. Our views on healing went astray with allopathetic ideas of bullet-cures and not holistic cures or gentle medicine. I studied a little of the earlier methods of naturopathic healing and regret we are slowly being taken over by the big pharmaceutical bullies because they are primarily taking us further away from a natural relationship and understanding of nature and ourselves and ultimately our magical side. Everyone who keeps the old ways alive is opening ridiculed by those who control society yet - our Queen loves homeopathic medicine so that branch is left well alone.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by eso322

This whole thread is so interesting. Thank you

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1littlewolf

A lot of things that I used to think were normal turned out to be magical.

And lot of things many people think are very magi(k)al are actually quite normal...

Everything is magic...the soul is magic

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by eso322

I never knew anything about the pagan religion if you can call it a religion. Then I met an abductee through a magician. I totally didn't know she was an abductee, it turns out she didn't even tell her mom, the only person that knew was her best friend. She never would have told me, but I had a really really crazy dream about aliens bringing her to me. I woke up early and wrote it all down, the she said,' I have something to tell you.' On multiple occasions I asked her so many detailed questions about her strange experience, and when I heard others confirm what she had to say in research I thought that there was no way she could tell me those details and be lying.

It turns out that she saw a psychic who told her everything about me before we met, many thing chimed in and we began to believe we were true soul mates. I still believe we are soul mates - soul mates not allowed to be together or even be friends. I thought it very strange she liked tarot cards, it was truly the first time I had learned about pagans, and she didn't like that I was a Christian.

Well, it turns out that a book was written about the experience I had with the person - and it was the aliens.

So when you ask me about aliens and real magic - I know that it is true. But there is one thing I still don't know that has always perplexed me - WHY DO THE ALIENS LIKE PAGANISM?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join