It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey Im the new guy!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Hi! My name is Chris and Im from Eugene Oregon. I work as a Doorman at a bar downtown so I have a lot of time of me just sitting here reading stuff and I discovered this website. There is so much awesome stuff here and im sure ill be on here a lot. Cant wait to get in there and participate in some great discussions!

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Hello and welcome!

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Hello Chris a.k.a "Latrodectus" from Eugene Oregon.

ATS is definitely a great website to discover, it's like tasting bacon for the first time.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
you know the beauty of that pick is that im a huge animal guy. I breed tarantulas and love ectotherms like frogs and lizards and snakes and such. I actually just discovered the science section as well!

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Latrodectus

... I breed tarantulas...

I see where you got your name!

Wikipedia / Latrodectus

Really beautiful spider, creepy too

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Hey Chris! Glad you're here!

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Dominar

Hahaha ya. that one though isn't from my neck of the woods though unfortunately. That one is a redback spider from Australia (Latrodectus hasselti) and were im from we have Widow spiders (Lastrodectus Hesperus) but yes same genus and family. I like me some spiders for sure!

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Latrodectus

Hi Chris, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

ATS Guidelines, Etiquette, and more

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Signature Guidelines

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   

you know the beauty of that pick is that im a huge animal guy. I breed tarantulas and love ectotherms like frogs and lizards and snakes and such. I actually just discovered the science section as well!

I love snakes, lizards and frogs, but you can keep your huge hairy spiders away from me!

My neice's 5 year old got a baby red tailed boa for his birthday. I took the liberty of naming her LILY. I thought it would be amusing when it gets to be this huge monster to have a sweet gentle name. LOL They are feeding her frozen food to keep her docile.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

That is a great idea. Red tails are already generally a pretty docile by nature anyway, but ive seen some pretty spicy exceptions to the rule! And when a snake gets that large, spicy is the last thing you need to be dealing with. I LOVE boas, but my favorite snakes are cornsnakes. they are real sweet hearts. Im starting a business for my tarantulas and im thinking about also including geckos and maybe a few types of snake as well.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
nobody said hi to me......hi.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

That is a great idea. Red tails are already generally a pretty docile by nature anyway, but ive seen some pretty spicy exceptions to the rule! And when a snake gets that large, spicy is the last thing you need to be dealing with. I LOVE boas, but my favorite snakes are cornsnakes. they are real sweet hearts. Im starting a business for my tarantulas and im thinking about also including geckos and maybe a few types of snake as well.

Geckos are awesome. Be careful if you get the crested geckos because if they lose their tails from stress or watever they don't grow back like other species of lizards. I much prefer small snakes myself.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Welcome to the ATS mate!

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

Geckos are awesome. Be careful if you get the crested geckos because if they lose their tails from stress or watever they don't grow back like other species of lizards. I much prefer small snakes myself.

I actually have a breeder male from the same genus as the Crested Gecko (Rhacodactylus) called a Gargoyle from new Caledonia. they are sweethearts

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Hi! My name is Chris and Im from Eugene Oregon. I work as a Doorman at a bar downtown so I have a lot of time of me just sitting here reading stuff and I discovered this website. There is so much awesome stuff here and im sure ill be on here a lot. Cant wait to get in there and participate in some great discussions!

Notice the enthusiastic prose and positive attitude, no paranoia or delusional ramblings.
Indicative of an earnest intention to participate in some great discussions.
Beware laddie.
There be legions of trolls in these here parts.
They can smell a happy poster from three forums away.
Zombie trolls even.
Just one bite and the most inoffensive types become ravening leviathans. Self generating legions of egocentric singularity, lost evermore in eldrich tempests of hypontocritificative abandon.

It'll be a blast.

Yes. That's hypontocritificative : hi-pon-tow-krit-uh-fik-i-tiv.
It is an adjective indicating a tendency to expound in hypocritical pontification.
Yup.
New word.
Just made it up.
You see, the English language is insufficient to precisely relate the ethreal quality of discourse within the bounds of our happy little realm.
We must make due.

Oh yes,
Welcome.
edit on 29-6-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Latrodectus

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star

I actually have a breeder male from the same genus as the Crested Gecko (Rhacodactylus) called a Gargoyle from new Caledonia. they are sweethearts

You'll have to start a thread about your cool little friends.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Yes. That's hypontocritificative : hi-pon-tow-krit-uh-fik-i-tiv.

That is a hell of a conjunction my friend! I cant be upset about that.

top topics

join