It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you make a 3 month old laugh?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
So this whole being a dad thing is a lot of fun, but I have one problem. My wife works all day and I'm a student/housedad and I need some help here.The mancub laughs out loud when I do specific things with him (Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes seems to be hilarious) but I'm sort of tired of singing the same couple of songs for him and making the same faces at him.

Just wondering if any one has any secret weapons to get babies to laugh? He likes Dr Seuss, and I read to him a lot already, so anything else? What kinds of games do you play with a 3 month old?

My mission while my wife is at work is to get the baby to laugh as much as I can. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen and it gives me hope for the world.

Any suggestions would be helpful!!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

Dear ZeroReady,

Congratulations on having your child. Babies are easy. I have been taking care of babies since I was about 9 and love them. They also like me a lot. Look them in the eyes and smile, watch what they watch, look where they look, it will tell you what they are interested in. If a baby finds something they like, they can do it a hundred times, enjoy it each time.

LOL. Wait until they get to be around 5 and can listen to the same song or watch the same movie everyday. My kids watched Mary Poppins everyday for a year, they looked forward to seeing it. Enjoy knowing that they can like something that much that it never gets old. Enjoy this time, it ends too quickly. Peace and best wishes.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
You do not need to make him laugh all day.

Cuddle time is also very good, babies also love massages.

Reading is excellent. Well done. Put a lot of emotion into your voice, you can go way over the top. When baby can sit up, put him on your lap so he can see the book too. Keep pointing to the words as you read them.

P

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Sweet :-) Mine loved patty cake, and peek-a-boo is always a winner.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Dear pheonix358,

I agree with everything you said and you got a star.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady

Any suggestions would be helpful!!

Play Peek-A-Boo lots. Babies are pretty simple creatures when it comes to things they enjoy. The hilarious thing is, you're there, and then you're gone, and then suddenly you're there again! ROFLMAO!

Honestly, the great thing about babies is that everything they experience is new. While making your little man laugh is pretty awesome, keep in mind the fact that everything around him is something to be tasted, touched, looked at, listened to and smelled. That means that even the most mundane experiences (for you) are things that are pretty fantastic for him.

What does that mean?
Take him everywhere! Just tuck him under your arm and go exploring. Go outside, let him feel the grass, look around, listen to everything that's going on, smell flowers, and so on. Seriously, if something is fun for you, it's even MORE interesting for him - he's never done it before, and that automatically makes it awesome.

Have fun!

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Dear ZeroReady,

I know this may sound stupid; but, I found babies love it when you put your lips on them and blow so as to make a plplplplplp sound. Babies love simple patterns and repetition while still enjoying being surprised and learning that life can be fun and different.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
First off, congrats! My little girl is just over two months old and it seems like the simplest things make her smile. Most of our time is spent inside, and 90% of the time it involves me laying on the couch and holding her in different positions and saying different things/making different noises/different movements/tickles.... and she gets that big #-eatin-grin sooo much. After a 12-16 hour work day, coming home to that just brightens my day; first thing I do when I get home is take off my work boots, plop down on the couch, look at my wife, and pat my chest to hand over the baby. Her smile brightens my day, and can't wait until she can somewhat communicate! Hope this gives you some ideas, and good luck!

Edited to add a few pics; not sure if they work or not; Also, she was born with that head of hair! haha

*EDIT2* She has been VERY active since she was born. She rolled over multiple times within the first month, and was holding her head up on her own for minutes a time at 2-3 weeks... She's now 12 weeks, and EVERYTIME we lay her down, she arches her back up a good inch+ off the ground trying to sit up haha

edit on 29-6-2013 by Mosack because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-6-2013 by Mosack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Firstly

Make every precious laugh a memory

Later in life these are the diamonds that shine in darker times

Nothing funnier than blowing a raspberry on the tummy and like pheonix358 said

Cuddle time is also very good, babies also love massages. Reading is excellent. Well done. Put a lot of emotion into your voice, you can go way over the top. When baby can sit up, put him on your lap so he can see the book too. Keep pointing to the words as you read them.

Excellent advice I'd go so far as to say really over act the story, the more outrageous it is the funnier babies seem to find it.

Congrats again
Cody

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Mosack

OH man she is a really daddies princess

You just put a massive smile on my face before I head off to work

Thanks
Cody

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Give the little one a "raspberry" on the tummy......
it brings the laughs out every time- guaranteed!

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Great minds think alike littled
Wanna do my tummy ?
Cody

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
reply to post by littled16

Great minds think alike littled
Wanna do my tummy ?
Cody

As long as Mrs. C is there to take blackmail pics!

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Thanks for all the replies!

Another thing I found out today: Crinkle up wads of notebook paper in front of his face and let them fall out of your hands all over baby. He really seems to enjoy the sounds the paper makes.

There ought to be a repository for stay home parents who are alone with babies all day filled with ways to entertain them.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
Thanks for all the replies!

Another thing I found out today: Crinkle up wads of notebook paper in front of his face and let them fall out of your hands all over baby. He really seems to enjoy the sounds the paper makes.

There ought to be a repository for stay home parents who are alone with babies all day filled with ways to entertain them.

You've actually stumbled across something all by yourself anyway.
Truth is, bad parents don't go on forums, they don't look for ways to engage with their kids, and they certainly don't come up with fun games (even games as simple as crumpled paper) on their own.

...you're going to be okay.

new topics

top topics

join