It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreams. What do they mean. Do they have a meaning...?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Hello. Do any of you understand different dreams and what do they mean...?

[Edited on 15-5-2003 by boomhaur]

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I've oftern asked myself that very same question. It should be interesting to see how many replies you get and what others have to say.

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Not meaning to sound rude here...but
1) dreams belong in the 'paranormal' threads
2) If you do a little 'clicking' through those threads you will find MANY posts about dreams-
Same with the soulmates/love-do some research around before posting something that's already been posted-that way members don't have to repeat themselves over and over about certain things

You can always find an old thread and 'add' to it and it will bring it to the 'todays post' and then people may feel more apt to add more thoughts about it..

Here I've even helped you a little click on this link and it will guide you where you need to be to find threads/posts about dreams and all sorts of interesting stuff-to read and reply to-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Magestica~

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 09:39 AM
link   
i have weird dreams all the time atleast one really vivid one atleast once a week..

i have a book on dream desciphering

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Well the reason I ask.

I keep having horrible dreams that really upset me for days. It wake me up and it seems so real.

I have a little boy who 4 and I keep dreaming horrible things about him.

One of them was that I found him at the bottom of a swimming pool and woke up crying.

Is this normal or am I going mad...?

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I have sent you a u2u

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I know all about those terrifying dreams that parents have about their kids...know them very well indeed..
I think these types of dreams are more a matter of the bond that you have with your child/children...like say if your are a single parent or the more 'involved' parent in the house-you tend to have more dreams of losing or something terrible happening to your offspring...but I think that it's more in the metaphysical sense of losing them to the other parent or losing that strong bond you have with them...
Sometimes seeing death or danger in a dream doesn't necessarily mean THAT, death in a dream can mean say..re-birth and drowning could mean say..you are suffocating the child with too much over parenting..in fear of losing them-in a way what I mean is dreams are important yes..but sometimes you have to look deeper or further into what they 'could' mean..in a different sense, does that make sense?
Now on the downside-they can also be a warning of some kind(this I know for fact) a warning that you or your child could be in danger, so just take extra precautionary measures in the next few weeks to prevent an accident or something from happening..I seriously don't feel though..that anything will happen to your child, I think it's more so along the lines of the first things I mentioned...YES even a 4 year old needs a little breathing space from dad

Tell me what you think, and I'll continue to do my best to help you...if I can.
Magestica

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Thanks for your response.

Thats only one of the dreams I have.

I have two dreams that come and go. the same two all the time.

The second one is about my son and loads of dogs getting him in the street while he's playing at his mums.

These dreams are really starting to get me down and I'm not sleeping.

You seem to know alot about this subject.

[Edited on 15-5-2003 by boomhaur]

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   
The 'dreams', if you want to call them that. Revolved around survival. Many times the animals I was killing were my own pets. This was quite disturbing, and still to this day I often wonder why I have thoughts like these.

I think it is because of my mental capabilites. I think that if the mind is manipulating into think about something a lot, then the mind is capable of being transformed by the incessant thought.

The incessant thoughts that I have about animals revolve around the possibilites that the animals themselves have human souls and are really nothing more than people. I often analyze my pets, and wonder if I will be able to speak to them in the after life. So my thoughts about life and about animals drive me to dream things I wouldn't normally be dreaming.

The only other thing in my dreams that was more constant than animals is my schools and my classmates. Yet even then, I would have several violent dreams about school.

Like one time, I had a dream that Nazi's were storming my school and all the students were taking up arms and killing off the invaders by the hundreds. The dream itself wasn't scary, it was more exciting than anything.

The question we must ask is, "Do our dreams have meaning???"

That is the real question everyone wants to know. This is a question that cannot be answered by just one person. I think that the vast array of dream thought allows for a whole new reality, or perception of life. I think that all of our dreams have some sort of meaning, but I doubt I can accurately place them all with a reasonable meaning. The dream world is a world that exists but to what extent???

Is it only within the dreamer, or is the dreamer within it???

That is the most pressing question of them all.

[Edited on 20-5-2003 by Abraham Virtue]

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 09:51 PM
link   
You should try image streaming...

Check it out here: www.winwenger.com...

posted on May, 15 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by boomhaur
Hello. Do any of you understand different dreams and what do they mean...?

Dream interpretation is personal. What do your dreams mean to you?

Also, dreams are no more important than your everyday waking life? Do you ever stop to think about what different experiences throughout your day mean?
This practice goes a long way towards understanding your dreams.

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   
My opinion..........Dreams are what you make them........could be something that triggered it in your waking state............what you do throughout the day.........what you say throughout the day......
Astrology is another ...........you believe it and you make it happen.............

Dreams are part of our existence of body and soul.......
Our bodies need sleep to function properly for the next day.......and when it is deprived of that ,..........dreams (though not all the time)can have some negative or positive effects on our life.............and if we were to look at our life(waking state) then we would be able (some would ) to understand why these dreams happen!!!

posted on May, 20 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
All I know is if my dreams came true, I wouldnt wake up to an annoying alarm clock and have to go to work each day...

new topics

top topics

join