It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witness for Trayvon Martin in Zimmerman case, Rachel Jeantel: "That’s real retarded, sir”.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
She destroyed the prosecutions case like a tornado ... and she was their star witness. Then the prosecution called Mr. Good on the stand .. and he dropped an A bomb on what was left of the prosecution . Even the Martin cheerleaders at MSNBC are having to admit it was self defense for Zimmerman. The prosecution got greedy and overreached with Murder 2. If they had gone for Manslaughter, they might have gotten a conviction.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
This entire trial is a damn circus act.
I was following it for awhile, but now I tune it out.

The woman in these videos IS a world-class idiot.

Both Zimmerman AND Martin were in the wrong that night. One of them wound up dead.
I agree that Murder 2 is a reach. They aren't likely to get that conviction. Manslaughter or 3rd Degree Homicide could have been a slam dunk case.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I'm not a lawyer (although I once stayed at a Holiday Inn Express), but I probably wouldn't have put this woman on the stand. When prepping the witness, I would have said to myself, "hey self, this girl is a disrespectful moron. It may not be a good idea to put her up there."

Then I would have stuck with the fact that Zimmerman refused to follow the orders of Police Dispatch and he pursued Martin at night, in the rain, with a gun.

Those three things could lead to a reasonable assumption that Zimmerman started the altercation. Sure, he may have got his ass whipped, but it is pretty clear that his actions started this whole thing.

Both attorneys here appear to be idiots. The prosecutor just sucks and that defense attorney is a horrible excuse for a human being. That knock knock joke was one of the most distasteful things I have ever seen.

It really is like a circus act.
My conspiratorial side makes me wonder if this really IS all set up to create racial tension.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Then I would have stuck with the fact that Zimmerman refused to follow the orders of Police Dispatch and he pursued Martin at night, in the rain, with a gun. Those three things could lead to a reasonable assumption that Zimmerman started the altercation. Sure, he may have got his ass whipped, but it is pretty clear that his actions started this whole thing.
reply to post by JayinAR

I agree he was in the wrong for following Trayvon Martin, but the question is, who threw the first blow. Following someone, and voicing racial slurs doesn't amount to breaking the law. The physical assault is where they crossed the legal line. You can clearly have an argument with someone, and it's not illegal, but as soon as you physically attack someone, than you are guilty of an assault.

The fact is, Zimmerman has the physical injuries of an assault. Trayvon's fists were bloodied, so that alone shows that Trayvon assaulted Zimmerman. To say that a young man can't overpower an older man is a ridiculous argument. Calling Zimmerman a cracker, clearly shows racial overtones and anger toward Zimmerman. Trayvon could have easily sucker punched Zimmerman, which from the photos, clearly shows Zimmerman had a swollen nose. If the beating was life threatening, which I believe it was, the blood on the back of Zimmerman's head clearly backs up his story of his head being slammed into the concrete. I would consider that action possibly causing severe brain damage or death. In that case, the justification of using lethal force was justified.

I rest my case.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

And then you STILL would have lost when the 911 dispatch said he couldn't give direct commands, and then realize he didn't give a command on the tape, and only said "we don't need you to do that." Then your case would have been further sunk when you realized zimmerman followed the suggestion and was jumped by martin AFTEr he was on his way back to his car. There isn't a case for any charge.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Then I would have stuck with the fact that Zimmerman refused to follow the orders of Police Dispatch

whether he should or shouldn't have followed the police dispatch orders is one thing, but that he didn't follow the orders is irrelevant from a legal perspective.

they aren't lawful orders, and they're usually designed to reduce the risk that the caller gets hurt.

there had been a string of recent thefts in the area, and i would be suspicious of a strange person walking through too. i don't think it is good that martin ended up dead, however i do think, from what i have seen, that it was an act of self defense.

i think martin had a chip on his shoulder, and he is evidently racist. thought he'd show up the "cracker". what zimmerman has said fits the known facts, and i do not think it improbable that martin said "you're gonna die tonight".

it's a sad case, but zimmerman isn't guilty of murder. i don't think they'd even be able to get him for manslaughter because of the self defense aspect.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
The fact is, Zimmerman has the physical injuries of an assault.

Correction, physical injuries of a fight. It may just as well been started by himself.

Trayvon's fists were bloodied, so that alone shows that Trayvon assaulted Zimmerman.

Shows he was defending himself against a gun toting stalker.

Trayvon could have easily sucker punched Zimmerman, which from the photos, clearly shows Zimmerman had a swollen nose. If the beating was life threatening, which I believe it was, the blood on the back of Zimmerman's head clearly backs up his story of his head being slammed into the concrete.

...in a desperate last ditch efford to disarm the gun toting stalker.

I would consider that action possibly causing severe brain damage or death. In that case, the justification of using lethal force was justified.

I rest my case.

Trayvon seeing he was being stalked used his right to stand his ground and approached the armed burglar casing the place and ended up being murdered for it.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   

whether he should or shouldn't have followed the police dispatch orders is one thing, but that he didn't follow the orders is irrelevant from a legal perspective. they aren't lawful orders, and they're usually designed to reduce the risk that the caller gets hurt.
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

Exactly. I think a lot of people think because he ignored the warning, he's guilty. In fact, according to Zimmerman's statements, Martin was hiding behind bushes and jumped out and confronted Zimmerman and asked him "Why are you following me." Zimmerman didn't even realize Martin was there. He lost sight of Martin and got out of the car to see where he went.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I found the detailed account of this case clearly outlined on this site with video of Zimmerman's account.

LINK

posted on Nov, 5 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Wow Cointel are really scrubbing out all YT videos that exposed the switchout of key witness

Weird how they pick inverted last names - its like the inversion of Rodney King incident once one looks at any of the details!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join