It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witness for Trayvon Martin in Zimmerman case, Rachel Jeantel: "That’s real retarded, sir”.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Zimmerman trial witness tells attorney: “That’s real retarded, sir” .

I have not been paying attention to this trial but this did catch my attention.

"Beyond a reasonable doubt", so the attorney's job is to raise that doubt. Here the defense lawyer implies that Trayvon Martin was lying about his whereabouts during his "pre-attack" preparations.

I dont know this Rachel Jeantel but man, this girl should play poker. I dont even think she blinked.

At-least she was polite and called him "sir" after implying that hes an idiot.

edit on 28-6-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I don't think she can make anyone look like an idiot, after she publicly came out, unable to read "her" letter, because she can't read cursive.

How does one write a letter in cursive if one is unable to read cursive?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
She said English is her third language after creole, Spanish, and Ebonics is Ebonics a language.

Just kidding but she did speak Ebonics. Anyway she admitted to lying several times and on cross was proven a liar about English being her third language.

I felt bad for the court stenographer watching her testimony.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Can't say I really care about George Zimmerman or Trayvon Martin but can someone tell me why this is televised??

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

Lots of schools no longer teach cursive writing it is considered obsolete. Just like I learned short hand in school most people would have no idea how to read what I was writing because it is no longer taught or used.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jrkelly77

Very true. My daughter's school no longer teaches cursive.

I also know several dead computer programming languages. All that education really was a waste of time. Who knew?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Lots of schools no longer teach cursive writing it is considered obsolete. Just like I learned short hand in school most people would have no idea how to read what I was writing because it is no longer taught or used.

So how does someone sign a check or legal documents? If you don't learn cursive you don't have a signature.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

It feels like she's talking in slow motion. She drags her words and she has attitude written all over her face. She's a terrible witness for Trayvon Martin.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

the younger generation do not even know how to fill out a check. Those well be gone soon as everything is turned to electronic. Also I've seen checks signed in print and weird squiggly lines lol.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrkelly77

I totally understand that.

But, unless I am mistaken, it was claimed that she wrote the letter...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Because the media is looking for a racial riot when Zimmerman is found 'Not Guilty' even though he has slightly more cream than a coffee with none. Anything to turn the public against each other is what they are looking for.

Then they (the media) will really have something of their own creation to cover non-stop.

edit on 28-6-2013 by whatnext21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

No she had a friend write it for her because she wanted it to look nice and could not write in cursive.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
she sounds and appears to be medicated or traquilized somewhat
the whole thing is a mess and there are no winners whatever the outcome.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
One way or another this case is going to represent an extreme travesty to an already highly dysfunctional justice system. Either zimmerman walks or he goes to jail and either way damage has been done to the credibility of the case. The media on both sides of the fence are going crazy about this case and if martin wins, racism is alive and thriving in the country and if he loses, than we need to question whether or not we should ever defend ourselves or others lest we become a target ourselves of a bloodthirsty media monster. Court cases should never be public like this because whether you win or you lose, some Nancy Grace monster character will have turned half the country against you, including jurors before you ever set foot in the courtroom. And the opposite is also true. real killers can get off if the public has been persuaded that they are innocent and sufficient pressure is there on judges and juries to make the decisions popular with the people. our court systems are beyond repair at this point. I have no faith in any step of the judicial ladder, from Cops to prisons every single facet of the system has been corrupted. they are minipulatable, political, and motivated by money. As far as im concerned guilty or innocent Martin and Zimmerman are both victims in this story. If Zimmerman walks he may as well have been guilty. the guy will have to go into hiding. Half the country will believe he's a murderer know matter what decision the court makes period.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by QUANTUMGR4V17Y
I don't think she can make anyone look like an idiot, after she publicly came out, unable to read "her" letter, because she can't read cursive.

How does one write a letter in cursive if one is unable to read cursive?

i brought up the same point when i watched this! i don't know if she can write in cursive or not, but she was instructed to play dumb so her past lies would be thought of as "literary misunderstandings".
edit on 28-6-2013 by Bob Sholtz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

No she had a friend write it for her because she wanted it to look nice and could not write in cursive.

That makes sense, because if she wasn't taught to read / write in cursive, surely her peers were.

A teenage girl who was called to testify in the prosecution of George Zimmerman for second-degree murder was caught in a curious predicament Thursday after it became evident she couldn’t read from the very letter she claimed to have written to the mother of her friend Trayvon Martin.

The courtroom quieted in shock, ABC said. Ms. Jeantel couldn’t read anything on the letter she claimed to write — except for her name, ABC reported.

Washington Times Article

Thanks for your opinion, trying to stick to the facts here.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Mr. West had extreme amounts of patience while examining her for hours on end. He got her to admit she lied under oath. haha...

I find it funny because I've been watching the whole trial. She was absolutely embarrassing for the prosecution. In my opinion she severely damaged their case. Mr. West got her to admit she lied under oath. She made it blatantly obvious that she did not hear Trayvon screaming help in an interview with the police, only to lie in court saying she did her him. She brought up that Trayvon referred to Zimmerman with a racial slur. She acted impatient, rude, and displayed extreme amounts of ignorance. She admitted she didn't watch the news, even after finding out her "boyfriend" had been shot. She didn't attend the funeral. She dodged Trayvon's parents multiple times. She used different aliases when contacting Trayvon's parents (DeeDee, Diamond Jean). Sounds like she really cared about Trayvon. She even ALMOST admitted that she knew Trayvon was confrontational about fights, but the prosecution objected. If I recall correctly, she almost got Witness Impeachment but they went to a recess.

I predict we will see the Defense say that Rachel was scared to call the Police because she knew Trayvon threw the first punch

I had a feeling someone was going to try to criticize Mr. West for asking so many "stupid" questions. If they were smart, they would try to take all the focus off Rachel Genteal because all those "stupid" questions were detrimental.

Honestly, watch the whole entire trial. It's worth it, and intriguing. "John Good" was a fun witness to watch because he was extremely unbiased and displayed a stark contrast of understanding the direness of the situation as compared to the previous witness (Genteal).

Start here if you wanna make up your mind for yourself.... This camera is almost always on her face so you can really analyze her. It only takes an hour or two into the grilling before she gets annoyed and disrespectful.

sorry for all the edits, couldn't get the link to work lol
edit on 28-6-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Cursive writing is no longer taught because our history was written in Cursive...documents such as the Constitution & Declaration of Independence...
edit on 28-6-2013 by BABYBULL24 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

You do realize that the person who wrote the letter could have attended a different school where they still teach it, or could have been older then her. Maybe even the friend was home schooled and taught by the parents.if I was taking a dictation for some one in short hand like in the old days the person speaking usually couldn't read it.my whole point was that not reading and writing in cursive does not mean your stupid because many children are no longer taught it.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   

You do realize that the person who wrote the letter could have attended a different school where they still teach it, or could have been older then her. Maybe even the friend was home schooled and taught by the parents.if I was taking a dictation for some one in short hand like in the old days the person speaking usually couldn't read it.my whole point was that not reading and writing in cursive does not mean your stupid because many children are no longer taught it.

Again, I completely agree with you!

It does make one "look" stupid (doesn't *make* them stupid), though, when one claims to have written something, then faced with the cold hard truth, that one is unable to read the language they claimed to have written their own letter in..

My original response wasn't really implying anything, just that calling a defense attorney retarded, then being unable to read "her" own letter, is hilariously ironic.

Peace.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join