It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latino Voters Don't Understand The Bill Of Rights At All

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I usually never post or start threads in the political news but this caught my eye...Who is this lady Phyllis Schlafly and does her sentiments ring true for the majority of Republicans? Would like to see some feedback on this from some ATS Republicans...I personally quit voting years ago but am thinking about giving it a go once again I am trying to decide whether I am a Republican or Democrat...have voted both sides of that coin in the past...One thing I can not tolerate is prejudism, Phyllis is showing sings of that IMO...correct me if I am wrong.

Conservative activist Phyllis Schlafly is still telling anyone who will listen that the Republican Party should only pay attention to white voters (something that it is already pretty good at doing,

www.salon.com... _schlafly_latino_voters_dont_understand_the_bill_of_rights_at_all/
edit on (6/28/1313 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

With regards to voting, if youre going to vote for a Republican or Democrat, you might as well stay home as you have been.

Your link doesnt seem to be working but as far as her comments, she said that Hispanic voters dont have much experience with limited government.

Thats probably true but its the same for Americans. The nanny state, the welfare and warfare states have been in place for far too long.

Lets use the 2nd Amendment as an example. Minorities, especially those communities which are plagued with violence, think that "gun control" is a good idea. Not realizing that many of these crime plagued urban areas already have strict gun laws.

Cory Booker, mayor of a crime plagued city in New Jersey said this, "Criminals are killing people, not law-abiding gun owners..."

edit on 28-6-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Sadly, most people don't understand the bill of rights. If they did truly understand it the patriot act and all that has followed would never have passed. The Bill of Rights should be hammered into and analyzed by children all throughout education. Alas, it isn't. care to take a guess at why? If people truly understood it you would never hear anyone saying, "If you aren't doing anything wrong, then why does it matter."
edit on 28-6-2013 by Privateinquotations because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This thread title should be changed to "Most Americans", because let's not think for a second that Latino voters are the only ones who don't understand it.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I'm voting for Coke ( and Coke subsidiaries, of Course) with Monsanto as runner mate.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Privateinquotations
Sadly, most people don't understand the bill of rights. If they did truly understand it the patriot act and all that has followed would never have passed. The Bill of Rights should be hammered into and analyzed by children all throughout education. Alas, it isn't. care to take a guess at why? If people truly understood it you would never hear anyone saying, "If you aren't doing anything wrong, then why does it matter."
edit on 28-6-2013 by Privateinquotations because: (no reason given)

Sorry started long,long ago before that:

Gun control
Climate control
Money control
Spying control

and the list goes on.

Yes most people do not understand the bill of rights at all.
edit on 28-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I don't think she's right. A best buddy on mine is named Miguel; Santiago, we call him Mike. He's from Puerto Rico. 26 years old and has already served with the U.S. Marines for a term. He has served to defend these very rights this woman is talking about.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Thank you all for your insightful posts...I guess I will choose to stay out of the tug of war games R vs. D and go on back to my stockpiling and canning...I will leave it alone once again...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Erm, Ol' Phyllis is the mother of one Andy Schlafly, who runs the totally batpoop crazy site Conservapedia. And she appears to be just as batpoop crazy as her totally unhinged son.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

I'm Latino & white.
I have the blonde & red hairs in my beard to prove it.

I'm not sure what she's all about. But from the sound of it it's stupid.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

She's a total hypocrite who believes in some very odd things - here.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   

What a thread title!
Well damn, I guess we're on par with our Government then.

No seriously. I read the charters of freedom frequently. I keep it bookmarked. They're some of my favorite readings. I enjoy the rights that apply to all people and even the declaration, because it serves as a guide, or rather a list of things our government should avoid doing to not only the people, but to themselves and generations of people to come.

edit on 29-6-2013 by Nephalim because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join