It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extreme weather for last weekend in June, early July (US)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
It's hot where I am today and projected to be hot for a week. It's been this hot before many times, and it will be this hot again. I'm shocked at the hot weather I tell you, shocked!

so basically you have nothing to add to the OP. you merely posted to be snarky.

extreme weather isn't happening EVERYWHERE but those who are experiencing it might want to add to the conversation. clearly that is not you.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

Oh 105 plus is probably extreme in most people's opinion. But I guess my acknowledging that this has happened where I am before and that it will happen again is too practical for you.

Carry on.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Has anyone else (aiming at the Global Warming mainly) forgotten about the sun's active cycle that we have for this year? It can be a contributing factor ya'know...

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Where I'm at in the northwest the last two years have had the lowest amount of snowfall since records started to be kept. Lots of rain in June which is good due to what the fire season may look like. Expecting record breaking heat (in forecast). I get that climate change is always happening but for us to notice it over the last few years seems odd. Would think it would be more gradual.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kuroodo
Has anyone else (aiming at the Global Warming mainly) forgotten about the sun's active cycle that we have for this year? It can be a contributing factor ya'know...

Then why was 2012 the hottest summer on record - since they started keeping them in the late 1800's? We have solar max every 11 years.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   
The media and those behind the Climate change propaganda have a great way in playing with the peoples mind, when it comes to pushing "Extreme and Record" for the minds of those I mean, that never take the time to research on Earth climate history.

But then again we are after all humans and as humans we only relate to our own life span of less than one hundred years and never take into consideration that Earth is a lot older than that.

Sadly the population spread into areas that are difficult for human habitation due to modern ways to cope with climate is causing sensational news.

Is not wonder why the native Americans knew how to migrate during seasons.

But then again lets play into the incredible, extreme and Record temperatures ever recoded in modern times, let forget how earth used to be before the last ice age in which we are now at the end of it.

Now as for my neck of the woods we had a few years of dry weather and now we are hot and steamy, its this new? no really I was here when it was hot and steamy the last time.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
I would like to know why the jet stream is so out of whack and doing weird flows; maybe not the right way of saying it but it's recent flow pattern has been way off it's normal trajectory ? That is a big part of the temperature swings and rain fall all over the globe.

Several years ago we could not depart Phoenix due to the Temps being to high. Our Boeing manuals only went to 119f (if I remember right) so we could not satisfy balanced field length or take-off data by the book. The aircraft would have flown just fine but without the Feds required paperwork we were stuck. The whole airport basically shut down except for some part 91 operators.

In Thailand and much of S.E. Asia it is now the rainy season. It has rained at the farm for the last 9 days with intermittent breaks where the sun comes out and and the temps soar. Sauna does not describe the humidity and heat....worse than Houston and that can be bad. I am suffering from Golf withdrawal syndrome; either to wet or to darn hot to walk a course!!

The last couple of years the monsoons have been drier than normal so many lakes and ponds have almost dried up. It has happened before and will probably happen again..I was reading yesterday about a world wide water shortage even in the states which will get much worse in the next 30 years or so the article said.

There have always been people who claim our demise is just around the corner but for me each day is a blessing and come what may the human spirit and industriousness of the species usually overcomes adversity. Let's all hope we will muddle through, same as always, to a better future for our children.....I doubt it but one can hope, no?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
lots of posts from friends in my hometown about temperatures hitting 109 to 111 in the next few days...yes there were discussions of global warming etc. However my response is that I remember one summer of 112 when I was a kid....there were also cold wet summers and massive floods in the winters one year and terrible droughts the next...it's all a part of the weather cycle, some patterns return every few years to every decade or two.

Some people pay attention to these things, others ignore them and choose to live in fear

just my $.02

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Just want to report that in Europe (more specifically in Portugal), we are having extreme temperatures for over a week and it's expected to continue for at least another week.

40ºC+ (105ºF+) during the day in most of the country.
edit on 30/6/13 by Asgardian because: (no reason given)

Some places are actually reaching 45ºC (113ºF).
edit on 30/6/13 by Asgardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
We hit 117º today and I was taking the bus. It wasn't that bad by itself, the real hell was all the extra waiting as every single line had buses breaking down. It's nearly 10:30 PM now and still 107º

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Well we had a break in the hot and steamy, today's morning is cooler but still humid, we are supposed to get better temperatures but still humid, no so bad.

I am afraid that if we get a Hurricane our way this summer with the ground saturated we may get Flooded like in 94, 98, and 2004.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I wish I could say we in FL are having an epic heatwave like the rest of the class, but while it's above average for the daily highs, we're not anywhere near the hottest summers I can remember, both in actual temp and heat index. Granted, I'm a spring chicken compared to a lot of posters (late 20's) but I can tell you some horror stories of suffocating high heat & humidity from past summers. However, I have a feeling we're going to have a hot summer ranking not far behind the prior OMFG summers this year. February onward has been unseasonably warm, and it's never really left, the mercury just crept higher. With any luck, it'll be a very wet summer to balance heat with cooling rain. The only downside (to me anyway) is the side effect of higher humidity. Like it's not already muggy enough.

I wonder if I'm going to get to see the afternoon rains hit the scorching pavement & steam up again. That happened in either 2002 or 2003, a light shower on one hell of a hot day. It was WILD to see, a true testament to how awful it can get down here in extreme years.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join