It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House votes to curb DHS ammunition purchases

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

House votes to curb DHS ammunition purchases

foxnews.com

The House of Representatives voted late Wednesday to limit the amount of ammunition the Department of Homeland Security can purchase and stockpile.

Rep. Mark Meadows, R-N.C., proposed the amendment to the annual DHS spending bill. The House approved the proposal by a 234-192 vote.

The amendment blocks funds from being used to buy ammunition until the department submits to Congress a comprehensive report on its ammunition usage and purchase history.

Lawmakers and Second Amendment advocates have fumed over reports that DHS and other agencies were buying millions of rounds of ammunition,
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
dailycaller.com
edit on 28-6-2013 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I did a search and seems like this hasn't been posted yet.. I could be wrong.

After all that talk of the DHS purchasing over a billion rounds of ammunition causing a massive Ammo shortage there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel.

It seems that finally the government is realizing how excessive and expensive this is getting.

I for one couldn't be happier.... What say you ATS?!

dailycaller.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

It's... About damn time!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I hope the Government doesn't get a sudden and compelling urge to replace every damn bell they own, service or might have in a stupid museum just to run the brass metal market instead. There's more than one way to skin a cat. Errr... No pun to your avatar intended.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I don't know man, the way the media has been blowing up this zimmerman/trayvon case, it seems its inciting rage among trayvon's supporters, despite the rule of law and evidence.

If widespread rioting started up over this 1 case, it could be all the justification the DHS needs to bulk up supplies. Although widespread rioting is just talk right now, it could break out into some serious conflicts, and DHS would get involved.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Awesome

Now if we could only get the House to vote to get rid of the DHS.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Well this is a start at least. Hopefully this takes care of the Ammo shortage eh?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by neo96

Well this is a start at least. Hopefully this takes care of the Ammo shortage eh?

That depends on when they will take another run on the second amendment.

And they will take another run at it they do we will be right back at square one.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Why would the House need to cut back on DHS ammo purchases?

In all the previous threads there were so many posters denying that the purchases were even occurring.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Awesome

Now if we could only get the House to vote to get rid of the DHS.

Bingo.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaMod
reply to post by neo96

Sure hope so even a brick of 22 (500) has more then double here in northern ontario
just hope it back down by hunting season

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Several states are trying to levy more taxes on ammunition and gun sales.

Heard about that story earlier gun owners have a 'target painted on their backs' ok wallets as in forced conservation of making both guns, and ammo more expensive as if that will suddenly stop 'gun violence' their 'political talking point'.

So the war is not over not by a long shot.

States look to tax guns, ammo

Lawmakers eye new taxes

Taxing Your 2nd Amendment Right!?

So there might be ammo on the shelf won't be able to afford to buy it without selling a kidney.

If it aint the DHS it's something else can't win for losing with 'politician's'.
edit on 28-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Right Neo, the gov Boys know how to open one door and slam the next......
It will NEVER end.....

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
so after millions upon millions of rounds purchased and rachel maddow saying its not real & a conspiracy, the dumb arse gov finally figured it out......

turtles move quicker than the house

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
So when can I buy some 22LR's for less than a buck a round?

The House votes to curb the DHS ammo purchases - so what if the House wins. Guess who won't stop buying ammo by the 'billions?' I see DHS not giving 2 shtakos to what the House thinks. I mean come on, lets get real - the DOJ pretty much told Congress to STFU and GTFO right?

Hope the next president is a sane one. (Disclaimer - this statement isn't intended to imply the opposite for our current President)
edit on 28-6-2013 by ChuckNasty because: House

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
FINALLY, hopefully I can start to find ammo again soon. Would really like to keep working on my long range precision.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
When the threads were posted before covering how much the agencies were buying (ammo) some people eluded to death camps, rounding up citizens, martial law, etc, etc, etc.

I saw $$ immediately.

I can't remember the agreed upon number but let's say even 100 Million rounds at a time, times let's say 50 cents a round. That's 50 million.

DHS has 70,000 agents. If each fires 10-15 shots at the range on a weekend, that's easily a million rounds or more every weekend.

Simply regular target practice could eat through a huge amount of ammo.

But let's say the people at the top are friends with contractors providing the ammo. Hmm... That's a lot of money being thrown around.

You don't need some deep dark nefarious conspiracy here... There's just a ____ load of money involved. And that's clear as day.

Link to info.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
It's a shame the U.S. already has the largest military on this planet and the people in power will use those bombs to no end at the bat of an eyelash. Who gives a rats teat about the DHS when the U.S. government has had its citizens balls in a vice grip for a century or more?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The amounts of ammo these agency are buying per armed agent excedes the amounts used by the navy seals in training over 5 years.

plus its a waste of taxpayers money to buy high priced hollow point street ammo for training when you can buy a large Amounts of lower priced training ammo that has the same ballistics and a small amount of high priced hollow point ammo for the agents to use as part of there job.
most hunters, city or state police departments save money on practice just this way.

I use 165 gr ball ammo or cast lead loads for practice and only use the 165 gr Federal Hydra Shok ammo for home defense.
They shoot the same but the ball or cast lead loads cost 1/2 the Hydra Shok ammo

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   
no one here seems to have mentioned this but those bullets they were buying were hollow point they arnt used in target practice, They cost more and due to lighter wight of the bullet it is less accurate

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join