It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Holmes Will Be Bolted Down in Court

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

James Holmes Will Be Bolted Down in Court

www.newser.com

While James Holmes is tried over the Aurora, Colorado massacre, he'll be wearing a harness and a cable attached to the floor, a judge has ruled. Despite defense concerns it could bias the jury, the precaution is necessary because Holmes poses a threat, said Judge Carlos Samour Jr., per Reuters. The cable will look just like the computer cables running off the defense table, Samour said. Previous court appearances have seen Holmes, who has pleaded insanity, handcuffed and restrained. Meanwhile, Samour ruled that the jury in what's expected to be a four-month trial need not be sequestered. It
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
One question, why?

How can he be a threat to the public or anybody in that room with no weaponry or means to attack? No officer would be looking away at any point during the hearing, so how would he have a chance to attack?

Look at him! He looks very very weak and mentally unstable, like a man who has had his life ripped apart in a short amount of time.

There is much conspiracy surrounding the official story, I simply cannot put any trust in the US gov to tell the truth, so I remain unconvinced and that it was a staged attack to justify stricter gun control measures. Much of the information surrounding the "official story" is here on ATS.

I just think this is a psychological attack on him, "Sit down, Shut up, Plead guilty and go back to your cell, you did your work......Patsy" That is how i imagine any intelligence workers talking to him when interviewing or discussing the hearing with him.

REGARDS

www.newser.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by The0nlytruth

Look at him! He looks very very weak and mentally unstable, like a man who has had his life ripped apart in a short amount of time.

Shooting up a theatre full of people will do that to you. Personally I don't buy the whole insanity plea b.s., the only way he could know of the Joker would be if he saw the Batman movies or read the graphic novels, in which case he'd know the Joker had green hair, not orange hair so his claiming to be the Joker falls apart. What this looks like to me, is all an act. This is the same as people who try to play the "Devil made me do it" or "God told me to do it" card, it's a copout so people can get out of prison or execution pretending to be insane.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
The cable bolted to the floor is for the benefit of the sheeple. They'll remember Hannible Lecter etc in their cage/masks and make a mental link. That way it'll be easy to find him guilty.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

All very well and good but is it the real John Holmes?

edit on 28-6-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
meanwhile, behind the facade of this innocent looking bookstore...

the proscuters arrayed in their finest Armanis...
the judge in a golden sequined gown, harbored royaly atop a walnut and mahoganey gilded stand...
a large illuminated disco ball adorns the center of the court.

... should be quite a show!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Nope, it'll be the real JAMES Holmes though.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   

It's like some dystopian future court.

You know, something suddenly just came to me:

Technically, these people "presumed innocent until proven guilty" (which we all know is a huge joke), but the fact that this man is still only ACCUSED he is treated as if he is guilty (per the prosecution, and apparently the judge). I'm not not saying he didn't do it; I fully believe that he probably did and there is no big conspiracy like some suggest, but the fact that he is treated, even in court by the judge as if he is already guilty, shows how the whole institution is going completely down the drain.

While he's been in court many times before (and possibly drugged?), the fact that he will likely be covertly bolted down (read: shackled) during the trial, is interesting. Why not have a closed courtroom? Why not many things rather than tying him down, essentially? How often does this happen, and how often will it happen in the future. Reminds me of some of these movies about a dystopian future where the "suspect" is brought in with shock collars and stuff. Which reminds me...

A few years ago there was a police shooting near where I live. The suspect, after being on the loose, was caught and is not close to trial. He has been to court many times for prelim hearings, etc, but now the prosecutors want him to wear a 50000V shock belt during trial. That is insane. But perhaps a better idea than shackled to the floor.

How soon before it becomes commonplace?

Are these people such "monsters" that a a room full of deputies can handle a potential situation? Oh, yes, it's the psychological aspect of the suspect knowing he can't do anything.

He is already/still a prisoner, in essence. He will be found guilty.

What will they do with Tsarnaev?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Guilty until proven...Guilty

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
It could be that his own attorney is a little concerned by something he's said or ways he's acted.

As for why? That's a silly question. Videos all over TV reality shows and Youtube show courtroom situations where defendants and family as well, get in some good whacks and decent levels of damage sometimes. They never ever win, but if that isn't what people fear about a person's motives? That doesn't matter.

The only thing stopping people from killing each other, bare handed, is the elusive thing called deceny and morality. Perhaps the natural squeamish reaction tossed in. It would only be a couple of literal seconds and well within physical ability to rip out the throat of someone seated next to you and nothing anyone could do to react in time could stop it.

If someone is truly criminally insane (Not to be mistaken with loony tunes insane) then that line which stops 99% from even thinking it's possible, let alone doing it? ...well... What else DO you do with those people but remove the physical ability in absolute terms?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Nope, it'll be the real JAMES Holmes though.

Just making sure

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The reason is to prevent him from "Suicide by Cop."

If he is bolted down, he cant make a move that would provoke anyone from taking him down, which is what he wants.

And, anything in that courtroom can be used as a weapon: a simple pen or pencil could be used.

So come on, think outside the box!?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Back in 1969 the court took Bobby Seale, one of the "Chicago 8" defendents, and bound him into his chair and taped his mouth closed, just because he wanted the trial to wait until his own lawyer was able to return. Judge Julius Hoffman soon seperated Seale's trial from the other defendents. I don't know if he was ever tried for the "conspiracy", I don't think so.

"Tie me kangaroo down, mate".

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
If you're ever in a situation like this, your only hope is to defend yourself and claim the govt is framing you. Your lawyer won't do it because judges hate lawyers that attack the "system". The lawyer knows if he uses that tactic he'll never win another case in the state again.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack
The reason is to prevent him from "Suicide by Cop."

If he is bolted down, he cant make a move that would provoke anyone from taking him down, which is what he wants.

And, anything in that courtroom can be used as a weapon: a simple pen or pencil could be used.

So come on, think outside the box!?

HAHAHA. You govt shills are too obvious. .

new topics

top topics

join