It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inevitable Ego Death

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by AQuestion

reply to post by Itisnowagain

It is about loving one another.

Nope.
It is realizing that it is one - then the one is found to be love - the unconditioned - love.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Dear Itisnowagain,

The truth defies you. Can you really only love yourself, that is narcissism. How sad that you can not love others that different than you.

There is only this moment of presence and what appears is the beloved.

Dear Itisnowagain,

Proving to people that they are not them and don't exist is just too silly. I am, that is what Gods name means.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:38 AM
link   

We are here to learn to be together while being individuals. It is about loving one another.

Do not try to make friends with the appearance- find out what is seeing the appearance. When you seek that which is looking you will no longer 'need' friends, you will no longer 'need' any thing to complete you..

“What we are looking for is what is looking.” St. Francis of Assisi.

Dear Itisnowagain,

I am not a Catholic and St Francis would disagree with your conclusions.

How do you interpret St Francis's words?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

It is about loving one another.

Nope.
It is realizing that it is one - then the one is found to be love - the unconditioned - love.

Dear Itisnowagain,

The truth defies you. Can you really only love yourself, that is narcissism. How sad that you can not love others that different than you.

There is only this moment of presence and what appears is the beloved.

Dear Itisnowagain,

Proving to people that they are not them and don't exist is just too silly. I am, that is what Gods name means.

I am is the truth, the way and the life. I am is all there is. 'I am' is said in present tense - it is not 'I will be' or 'I was' (they are lies/delusion) - they are in time. 'I am' is timeless being.
I am is presence.
Presence is Lord.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Do you exist outside of this moment?
You are but you are not what you THINK you are.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Dear Itisnowagain,

I am is the truth, the way and the life. I am is all there is. 'I am' is said in present tense - it is not 'I will be' or 'I was' (they are lies/delusion) - they are in time. 'I am' is timeless being. I am is presence. Presence is Lord.

So you claim to be the Lord, you are not my lord. Have a great life.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Whenever I have an ego death, I can feel it coming, then it takes about a month, and when it is over, something new comes.

Besides that, the ego is an illusion, like a game to play, it prevents someone from seeing reality for what it is. So basically, anything that attacks your ego makes you stronger as a person

in respect to being able to accurately analyze a situation and determine the most effective courses of action. The ego is trick - its main benefit being allowing laziness.
edit on 29-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Dear Itisnowagain,

I am always me and yet I continue to change. The me does not change, what I believe and experience changes. Prove to me that there is stasis.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Dear Itisnowagain,

I am is the truth, the way and the life. I am is all there is. 'I am' is said in present tense - it is not 'I will be' or 'I was' (they are lies/delusion) - they are in time. 'I am' is timeless being. I am is presence. Presence is Lord.

There is only presence - it is lord. I claim to be nothing.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Dear Itisnowagain,

I am always me and yet I continue to change. The me does not change, what I believe and experience changes. Prove to me that there is stasis.

You are the ever present medium on which the appearance (beliefs/thoughts, colours, sounds and sensations) appears and disappears - the appearance is ever changing but that which knows the changing is never changing.
You are the screen on which the movie is playing - the movie is moving but you stay still.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Prove to me that there is stasis.

Where you are seeing from is still.
I cannot prove it to you - only you can look.

It is the only sanctuary to be found - it will release you from illusion of the world. Peace is right here.

Christ is born out of the stable.

Christ is this image that is appearing always presently - this one right here and right now, it is made of light (the light of consciousness). If one just looks at the present image and does not look to another time or place (other time and place is mind made - the light of man) and then looks to see what is seeing this appearing image one finds a stability that cannot be found 'out there'.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Dear Itisnowagain,

Dear Itisnowagain,

Then you claim not exist? I am confused. You are both God and not the one I am talking to? Keep explaining how you are not you and you are not God. Or, you are you and you are God. Pick.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Dear Itisnowagain,

Dear Itisnowagain,

Then you claim not exist? I am confused. You are both God and not the one I am talking to? Keep explaining how you are not you and you are not God. Or, you are you and you are God. Pick.

This moment is all that can be said to exist.
It is appearing as what can be seen - it is the present scene.
Nothing else exists really - the mind has ideas about some thing else but the mind imagines it now.

This moment appears to exist and is seen. You would say it is you that is seeing the present scene - but if you consciously right now have a good look to see what is seeing you will find no thing there.

That no thingness is peace and stillness itself.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Dear Itisnowagain,

This moment is all that can be said to exist. It is appearing as what can be seen - it is the present scene. Nothing else exists really - the mind has ideas about some thing else but the mind imagines it now. This moment appears to exist and is seen. You would say it is you that is seeing the present scene - but if you consciously right now have a good look to see what is seeing you will find no thing there.

So you believe everything that happened, existed, never existed? I am confused, do you believe there is no past. If you do then I leave it to others that have read this thread to come to the same conclusion. That nothing they have experienced ever was, that they are still 2 years old and have not changed their opinions. Convince them of that.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Dear Itisnowagain,

This moment is all that can be said to exist. It is appearing as what can be seen - it is the present scene. Nothing else exists really - the mind has ideas about some thing else but the mind imagines it now. This moment appears to exist and is seen. You would say it is you that is seeing the present scene - but if you consciously right now have a good look to see what is seeing you will find no thing there.

So you believe everything that happened, existed, never existed? I am confused, do you believe there is no past. If you do then I leave it to others that have read this thread to come to the same conclusion. That nothing they have experienced ever was, that they are still 2 years old and have not changed their opinions. Convince them of that.

The appearance is constantly changing but there is an awareness that it has changed. The body is an appearance, it is constantly moving and changing, the mind appears as thoughts and they are constantly moving and changing. All that appears is in constant flux.
What knows that?
There is the unchanging, never seen, never appearing (not existing) present and then there is the constantly changing, always appearing, seen (appearing existence) present.
The present is non existence and appearing existence as one.
It will always be this but this always appears different.

Opinions are appearances and they change - what do they change in?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Dear Itisnowagain,

The present is non existence

Then if I recognize that I exist there is no present? That makes absolutely no sense. I am me, anyone who denies that is insane. To deny that you are is insane. Do deny that your thoughts change, that your opinions, thoughts and questions change is to deny you exist. Good luck with that.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Dear Itisnowagain,

The present is non existence

Do deny that your thoughts change, that your opinions, thoughts and questions change is to deny you exist. Good luck with that.

Did I or did I not say that thoughts change? Did I or did I not say that what appears is constantly changing?
What are you reading that is not actually there?

Is English your first language?

If you are going to quote - please use the full sentence.

The present is non existence and appearing existence as one.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Dear Itisnowagain,

English seems to confuse you. Let us start simply. Are you all that exists. There is a name for that belief.
Answer the question, it is as simple as it gets.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Dear Itisnowagain,

English seems to confuse you. Let us start simply. Are you all that exists. There is a name for that belief.

I am is all there is. But I am is not a person. It is nothing and all that is.

Is English your first language?

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Dear Itisnowagain,

There is a name for every 'thing' - your concepts are what divide you from the whole.
There are no things in oneness.

Chapter one of the Tao Te Ching.
Translation by S. Mitchell.

The tao that can be told
is not the eternal Tao
The name that can be named
is not the eternal Name.

The unnamable is the eternally real.
Naming is the origin
of all particular things.

Free from desire, you realize the mystery.
Caught in desire, you see only the manifestations.

Yet mystery and manifestations
arise from the same source.
This source is called darkness.

Darkness within darkness.
The gateway to all understanding.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Dear Itisnowagain,

If you truly are all that is, how can we ever disagree. Lets us understand how we are all the same. Explain it to the rest of us. I love a joke.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join