It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Inevitable Ego Death

page: 2
8
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
There is no ego when one doesn't recognise themselve in the mirror...

When mobility is all but lost... the world and everything in it is unfamiliar...

A time when one returns to there childhood only to discover none of their people are alive anymore... and even if they were, said person wouldn't realise it anyways...

Utter confusion, depression, worry, and all the things most fear come to you each day you wake...

Locked away in a beautiful cell, with little to no choices of your own... all things are decided for you...

The only relief from this life is the occasional loved one coming to visit... IF you're lucky...

Many of us will end up like this eventually... Many of YOU reading this right now will find yourself there one day


that is the saddest reality to this issue i'm presenting here


edit on 28-6-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)




posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon
 


Dearest Akragon,

You know I think the world of you and consider you a friend. I disagree with your ideas regarding the death of "ego". I want you to listen to this song and read the words.

YouTube - Jackie Evancho - Lovers - House of Flying Daggers - HD

When we die, we do not stop being us. Either love is narcissism or we are not all the same. God bothered to create us all different, our experience shows us we are all different. No two are exactly the same. Why have us go through this life with free choice if not to define ourselves and after having done such a thing, why should it be for naught? Akragon, I think the world of you and respect your opinions and love your humor. I also disagree with you on this one and that is okay if we disagree.

AQuestion



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Akragon
 


Dearest Akragon,

You know I think the world of you and consider you a friend. I disagree with your ideas regarding the death of "ego". I want you to listen to this song and read the words.

YouTube - Jackie Evancho - Lovers - House of Flying Daggers - HD

When we die, we do not stop being us. Either love is narcissism or we are not all the same. God bothered to create us all different, our experience shows us we are all different. No two are exactly the same. Why have us go through this life with free choice if not to define ourselves and after having done such a thing, why should it be for naught? Akragon, I think the world of you and respect your opinions and love your humor. I also disagree with you on this one and that is okay if we disagree.

AQuestion


This isn't about death really... Perhaps i've failed to get the intended message across here...

Im talking about the later times in the life span of some people... Specifically the diseases associated with said time period... Which i see almost every day of my life.

These people are my dear friends... Some i've known for years and yet they don't know me from adam... They wake up to an unfamiliar face even though i see them almost every day

I watch them deteriorate... I see the fear in their eyes and theres nothing i can do about it aside from offering comfort in anyway i can...

As i've said previously... There is no ego when one doesn't recognise the person stareing at you in the Mirror...

There is no ego when the world is no longer you've known your whole life


edit on 29-6-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon


The only relief from this life is the occasional loved one coming to visit... IF you're lucky...

Now I understand why you question people's hurry.

Teresa remembered things from her childhood, but each day she could never remember anything from the day before.

One day, after I'd written a new short story called "The Young Queen", I decided that I would tell her the story. So I assumed the story teller voice, and told her the story.

The next day when she saw me, she looked at me for a few seconds, then her face lit up, "I remember you," she said, "from a long time ago."

It was temporary, but it was something. Maybe a small something, yet something nevertheless.

Edit to add: The story started out, "a long time ago ..."
edit on 29-6-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by pthena
reply to post by Akragon


The only relief from this life is the occasional loved one coming to visit... IF you're lucky...

Now I understand why you question people's hurry.

Teresa remembered things from her childhood, but each day she could never remember anything from the day before.

One day, after I'd written a new short story called "The Young Queen", I decided that I would tell her the story. So I assumed the story teller voice, and told her the story.

The next day when she saw me, she looked at me for a few seconds, then her face lit up, "I remember you," she said, "from a long time ago."

It was temporary, but it was something. Maybe a small something, yet something nevertheless.


I promise you it was much more then a small something... A glimmer of hope in a world thats crashing down around you is amazing...

The chance to "recognise" even for a moment means the world to those that no longer have that ability...

A familiar face in a realm of unknowing... Can be a saving grace

In a world with no peace... No rest... And no chance of recovery... The small things we take for granted are all some have...

Thanks for your reply my friend




posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon
 


Dearest friend,

I am sorry, I forgot what you do for a living. I will talk about my dad and my perspective in a moment.



This isn't about death really... Perhaps i've failed to get the intended message across here... Im talking about the later times in the life span of some people... Specifically the diseases associated with said time period... Which i see almost every day of my life. These people are my dear friends... Some i've known for years and yet they don't know me from adam... They wake up to an unfamiliar face even though i see them almost every day I watch them deteriorate... I see the fear in their eyes and theres nothing i can do about it aside from offering comfort in anyway i can... As i've said previously... There is no ego when one doesn't recognise the person stareing at you in the Mirror... There is no ego when the world is no longer you've known your whole life


I could never do medical stuff, I have a doctorate and never wanted to go into medicine. I cannot handle it. You know my father had a stroke and cancer and I cared for him. I think you know he could remember from day to day what he done the prior day.

My father was one of the bravest men I ever knew in my life. I watched him die, I watched him lose his continuity. We had just come back from Vegas one day and he left my house to go to his home. The next morning he called me to tell me he did not know where he was. He couldn't find his way home, a trip he had made hundreds of times, a route he knew perfectly. Let us disagree but know I love you dear friend. My father never stopped being him. He forgot his life; but, he remained him in personality and preference.

I have a belief and you may disagree dear friend. I think if you have never really defined yourself, you have nothing to lose only to find. Some people seem to forget who they were; but, maybe that is because they never really committed to being them? Maybe, just maybe, those who are challenged with what you are talking about really come to discover that they never really knew themselves and it is a chance for them to do that? I sure hope that is true. Peace.



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon
 

Ego death is when the one realizes it is one. Prior to the one realizing it is one - it believes in two (the duality of man).
When the two become one the kingdom shall be revealed.



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
When we die, we do not stop being us. Either love is narcissism or we are not all the same. God bothered to create us all different, our experience shows us we are all different. No two are exactly the same. Why have us go through this life with free choice if not to define ourselves and after having done such a thing, why should it be for naught? Akragon, I think the world of you and respect your opinions and love your humor. I also disagree with you on this one and that is okay if we disagree.

AQuestion

When you define yourself you have drawn a line around you and separated yourself from the whole. In reality there is only the whole but man is divided.
When ego death occurs the line that divides (the seeming line) vanishes and there is a release into boundlessness. The only thing that dies is an idea - the idea that anything is separate - the idea that there is something other than this.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 


Dear Itisnowagain,



When you define yourself you have drawn a line around you and separated yourself from the whole. In reality there is only the whole but man is divided. When ego death occurs the line that divides (the seeming line) vanishes and there is a release into boundlessness. The only thing that dies is an idea - the idea that anything is separate - the idea that there is something other than this.


Nope, when you define yourself you draw a line around you and define yourself, what is the problem with that? It is called free will. You cheat language, separate and different can coexist. We can be together with others who are different and that is not being separate. Have you never loved another, do you not understand that two fleshes can become one? We exist as separate sentient beings, I am not you and you are not me and I do not wish to be you and I doubt you wish to be me.

The worst tyranny is tyranny of thought and that occurs when people think that heaven is everyone thinking just like them. Would you accept the alternative and give up being you to think just like me, would you give up your free will?



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 


Dear Itisnowagain,



When you define yourself you have drawn a line around you and separated yourself from the whole. In reality there is only the whole but man is divided. When ego death occurs the line that divides (the seeming line) vanishes and there is a release into boundlessness. The only thing that dies is an idea - the idea that anything is separate - the idea that there is something other than this.


Nope, when you define yourself you draw a line around you and define yourself, what is the problem with that? It is called free will. You cheat language, separate and different can coexist. We can be together with others who are different and that is not being separate. Have you never loved another, do you not understand that two fleshes can become one? We exist as separate sentient beings, I am not you and you are not me and I do not wish to be you and I doubt you wish to be me.
This moment is all that is appearing to exit - in this moment all is one. United in Christ means united in this moment. Touching can only happen in the moment but man believes in time and lives in past and future thoughts concerning themselves which they have divided from the whole.
Only now exists - now is whole and complete but man is lost in thought, lost in time in a dream of separation.


The worst tyranny is tyranny of thought and that occurs when people think that heaven is everyone thinking just like them. Would you accept the alternative and give up being you to think just like me, would you give up your free will?

There is no free will for the individual because there is only this moment of presence.
This is just happening - no individual is doing it - it is done.
Heaven is where the movie of life is viewed from - that is when you find your rightful place.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 


Dear Itisnowagain,



When you define yourself you have drawn a line around you and separated yourself from the whole. In reality there is only the whole but man is divided. When ego death occurs the line that divides (the seeming line) vanishes and there is a release into boundlessness. The only thing that dies is an idea - the idea that anything is separate - the idea that there is something other than this.


Nope, when you define yourself you draw a line around you and define yourself, what is the problem with that?

There is no problem with that - it is what happens. It is the human game but it is painful to be divided. Only when wholeness, completeness has been restored will you feel ok, until then there will be conflict, competition and the feeling of lack. Always looking to fill that hole to feel whole.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 


Dear Itisnowagain,



Only now exists -


I like it when some people tell me that once they become believers they become perfect. It is that amusing. Only "now" exists, I never change what I think. If I do then now is not forever. Your decisions and perception of self changes, your reality changes, where do you find that only now exists? Do you really believe you have not learned anything and that you are the same as you were when you were born? That defies all logic and truth. We are not in a state of stasis.



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 


Dear Itisnowagain,



There is no problem with that - it is what happens. It is the human game but it is painful to be divided. Only when wholeness, completeness has been restored will you feel ok, until then there will be conflict, competition and the feeling of lack. Always looking to fill that hole to feel whole.


Yes, it is painful to be divided, we call it growing pains. We will never be returned to completeness or this whole experience would be fruitless. We are here to learn to be together while being individuals. It is about loving one another.



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 


Dear Itisnowagain,



Only now exists -


Only "now" exists, I never change what I think. If I do then now is not forever. Your decisions and perception of self changes, your reality changes, where do you find that only now exists?

Does the past exist? Or is the past a word appearing presently? How long is now? Have you ever seen anything or heard anything unless you were present?



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 


Dear Itisnowagain,



There is no problem with that - it is what happens. It is the human game but it is painful to be divided. Only when wholeness, completeness has been restored will you feel ok, until then there will be conflict, competition and the feeling of lack. Always looking to fill that hole to feel whole.


Yes, it is painful to be divided, we call it growing pains. We will never be returned to completeness or this whole experience would be fruitless. We are here to learn to be together while being individuals. It is about loving one another.

Yes, it is painful to be divided, it puts one in the position of seeking an end to the condition.

You never leave wholeness/completeness - but you THINK you do!
Thought/words appear that say 'tomorrow' and you then play on the pretend stage called 'tomorrow'. Only a pretend person can play on a pretend stage (dream of separation). There is only ever the present happening.
You are ever present. Know thyself as presence.
Presence is all there is.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 

It is about loving one another.

Nope.
It is realizing that it is one - then the one is found to be love - the unconditioned - love.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
We are here to learn to be together while being individuals. It is about loving one another.

Do not try to make friends with the appearance- find out what is seeing the appearance. When you seek that which is looking you will no longer 'need' friends, you will no longer 'need' any thing to complete you..

“What we are looking for is what is looking.” St. Francis of Assisi.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 

It is about loving one another.

Nope.
It is realizing that it is one - then the one is found to be love - the unconditioned - love.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)


Dear Itisnowagain,

The truth defies you. Can you really only love yourself, that is narcissism. How sad that you can not love others that different than you.



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Itisnowagain
 

It is about loving one another.

Nope.
It is realizing that it is one - then the one is found to be love - the unconditioned - love.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)


Dear Itisnowagain,

The truth defies you. Can you really only love yourself, that is narcissism. How sad that you can not love others that different than you.

There is only this moment of presence and what appears is the beloved.



posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Originally posted by AQuestion
We are here to learn to be together while being individuals. It is about loving one another.

Do not try to make friends with the appearance- find out what is seeing the appearance. When you seek that which is looking you will no longer 'need' friends, you will no longer 'need' any thing to complete you..

“What we are looking for is what is looking.” St. Francis of Assisi.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)


Dear Itisnowagain,

I am not a Catholic and St Francis would disagree with your conclusions.




top topics



 
8
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join