It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gasland 2 - We are Frack'd!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Oh sure companies that can basically charge what they want will go to a renewable source of energy. That won't happen because then they wouldn't be able to cry that a shortage is what causes the price to go up.

You do realize that another BIG BAD COMPANY will be selling the next energy form, too, right?? And the next…and the next!

What you describe has to do with the corruption of man. It certainly isn’t a defense for environmentalism.

Maybe you should check into a person named Nikola Tesla he came up with a way to give free energy to everyone. But when his backers found out they wouldn't make any money from it they backed out.

If that were true, don’t you think someone would have capitalized on it by now?

Free energy!

Ya right!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Why do we need so much natural resources? Oh yeah it's because these companies are shipping overseas what they take out of America.

Because we use more than anyone else!

Why should American companies only sell domestically?? Are you an isolationist? Do you not believe in the free trade and global market? What business is it of yours if any company sell overseas?

Free trade? Yes NAFTA? Hell no that is what helped to kill our economy our trade agreement with other nations worked fine until those idiots Bush and Clinton screwed everything up.

If the oil is coming from government land then yes it is every Americans business because it is our resources and should be used in America first whatever is left over then can be sold.

Am I an isolationist? Nope I think we should do just like Jefferson said. "Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations — entangling alliances with none." ~ Thomas Jefferson

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

Oh sure companies that can basically charge what they want will go to a renewable source of energy. That won't happen because then they wouldn't be able to cry that a shortage is what causes the price to go up.

You do realize that another BIG BAD COMPANY will be selling the next energy form, too, right?? And the next…and the next!

What you describe has to do with the corruption of man. It certainly isn’t a defense for environmentalism.

Maybe you should check into a person named Nikola Tesla he came up with a way to give free energy to everyone. But when his backers found out they wouldn't make any money from it they backed out.

If that were true, don’t you think someone would have capitalized on it by now?

Free energy!

Ya right!

It's the greed of man is what leads to the destruction of the environment for profit. And Tesla proved what he said like I said do some research.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Originally posted by buster2010

Do some checking we have been exporting as much as we import. Our oil production has been going up for years now.

Okay, here you go:

As estimates for the amount of U.S. natural gas resources have grown, so have the prospects of
rising U.S. natural gas exports. The United States is expected to go from a net importer of natural
gas to a net exporter by 2020. Projects to export liquefied natural gas (LNG) by tanker ship have
been proposed—cumulatively accounting for about 12.5% of current U.S. natural gas
production

Far from the 50% you are inferring. However you concerns of growing exports seems to be reaffirmed in this government article...

Source
edit on 28-6-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

I am talking about oil not natural gas. You should have been able to pick that up by the words oil production.
edit on 28-6-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

My apologies, your initial post implied all natural resources

Why do we need so much natural resources? Oh yeah it's because these companies are shipping overseas what they take out of America.

I missed the point were your refined your comment down to Oil. Oil exports are still quite low comparative to 10 years ago.

Check out this graph here: LINK

However the exports are on the rise, but not to a significant enough of a level were i would agree with your statement that the majority of US natural resources are being exported to other nations.

edit on 28-6-2013 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

It's the greed of man is what leads to the destruction of the environment for profit. And Tesla proved what he said like I said do some research.

First of all, the environment isn’t being destroyed. That is a money making scam fueled by bogus science and misleading stats and you’re carrying their water.

Secondly, as I stated before, regardless what new energy source is found or designed it will be MAN selling it for profit; the same type of capitalists selling oil and gas now.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MindpurelyMind

I have a hard time believing that you saved that much money on last years bill without something else being involved. I know how much the gas charge dropped but most was just a restructuring of the way they bill, the end result just was about ten to fifteen percent lower for most people. I'm not questioning your honesty about the drop in costs, I am questioning what actually caused the reduction in cost. Lower thermostat settings can make a big difference, as can the exact conditions of the weather in the area. Even cooking home cooked meals more often has a very big effect....My furnace barely runs when the breadmaker is on. Sometimes people don't realize their conservation habits have such a drastic effect.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Well all know is I do have bills in front of me and can produce them if you really want to see them. I was told the price of gas went from $15 a gallon down to $2 ( wisconsin prices).

No matter how much we all enjoy saving some money (even heroin dealers know you have give 'em a taste to keep them coming back and that's when you have 'em), are the longer term effects going to mean even higher prices, due to competing export markets? AND America being left with the toxic mess and contaminated ground water?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by MindpurelyMind

Well, that is a little deceiving. About four years or so ago, I think, the government made the gas companies separate everything on the bills. Everything is now based on a base well head price and then every component and profit is added to it. In about 2008 this happened and it deceitfully appeared that the price fell sharply. It was because they were adding all costs to the well head costs before that time, the only profit that was not included to that price was the local sales jobs and if it was the parent companies subsidiary, it was included also. It actually was at about 13 bucks a mmbtu before.

This was a government law, the change was mandatory. I think it was there to confuse the public while allowing a way for small providers to the gas supply to some way of know' well head costs. I believe they did it This way also to show a reduction in heating costs so they didn't have to raise social security cost of living payments and give less government employee cost of living raises..

Unless you live right next to a wellhead where there is a very low overhead, you should not notice much more than a ten to fifteen percent reduction from the lowering of the total gas bill. Around here, people's bills went down but not much compared to the drop in gas prices, half the bill is distribution charges and a whole pile of different things. Look at the bottom line of your bill and the bottom line of a five year old bill and divide the bottom line by the mmbtus used on each bill.

I believe your bill is that much less, but I don't think the drop in gas prices is what caused it, unless if you live next to a well, for some reason people right near wells seem to be getting cheap gas.
edit on 28-6-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Of course profits are going to made, yadda, yadda, but short term profits that help a few at the expense of...well everyone else, is ...just plain stupid. Now don't get me wrong you don't have to be smart to be greedy but why not be greedy where no one or the environment for that matter, gets screwed. Is it even possible?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Fracking pros and cons.

The debate Club

This was also a very reasonable article;

NY Times

Beyond ideologies and all that other non-sense, why can't we know whether this is a good thing or a bad thing. If this really is the future of America's energy requirements why shouldn't we know NOW whether or not this is really going to be only beneficial??

At least that way farm owners can at least make an informed decision.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Well, fracking in Louisiana has pretty much ruined this state. There are laws that say how close they are allowed to drill near homes but they don't follow them...the gear is set up much closer....they also do slant drilling and you can literally feel your house vibrate/shake during their processes. They "blow" wells and those flames shoot up in neighborhoods and they say it is safe. There are a lot of dangerous chenicals involved in the fracking process and methane is the least of it....benzene, toulene, even depleted uranium and so much more...too tired to list them all and not gonna argue with the champions../cheerleaders here This will be the only comment I make for now. Regardless of what some folks say, water wells do get contaminated...safety laws? I don't know who enforces them but they aren't always doing a great job of it here in Louisiana. They aren't dumping the fracking waste water in just the salt domes here...it gets dumped in swampy/water areas and so on.

Rules are made to be broken and they are here. There is a huge pumping/generating station right IN a neighborhood and it is so loud/noisy, that folks can't sleep and are getting very stressed and sick from the noise pollution yet the cheap creeps will not install any kind of baffling device because of cost....there is something they can do but won't. Locals have signed petitions, gone to local news stations about it, written to Jindal and so on, all to no avail....those companies do what they want. The noise is beyond loud/non-stop...even on Xmass Eve. It is a proven fact the noise pollution can make folks ill.

Everyone mentions the methane...google or reasearch more about the other chemicals used that go into the air/water/soil and it is shocking. They say it all gets burned off but it does not. Folks in the area get sick from it all...especially with liver/kidney probs. There will be more than sinkholes and tremors if this stuff keeps up. Perhaps there is a safe/correct way of doing fracking but it is not being done much here. Water wells and more do get contaminated here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join