It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chaotic Evenings D&D live stream

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Greetings

My friends and I are starting a weekly stream here www.facebook.com....

We are live streaming our Dungeons and Dragons game every monday and if you wanna watch a group of nerds slash, bash and generally wreck up anything foolish enough to cross us this is the place!

If you wanna make fun of us thats fine too.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Intriguing. Of course, half the time we play, we're really just catching up and BS'ing. Our sessions are about 80% of that, and 20% actual D&D play, so I'd never film it, hehe....

Just tell me there will be Mountain Dew and Funyons....

My upcoming campaign, we'll have a ton of players too (some off and on, as we only can do it about once a month). 9 players, yikes! (including the DM).

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Intriguing. Of course, half the time we play, we're really just catching up and BS'ing. Our sessions are about 80% of that, and 20% actual D&D play, so I'd never film it, hehe....

Just tell me there will be Mountain Dew and Funyons....

My upcoming campaign, we'll have a ton of players too (some off and on, as we only can do it about once a month). 9 players, yikes! (including the DM).

Geeya, I ran a sesh with seven players that nearly ended the game. nine players is epic.

Dude, Its D&D of course there will be Dew and Funyons

and the Sweetwater will flow like water (in-game reference, sorry)

At any rate it's good to know there are some gamers on ATS!

Huzzah!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
What edition are you guys playing?

We generally play Labyrinth Lord (a 1st edition clone) or Dungeon Crawl Classics (1st edition with some fun modifications, like a magic corruption table)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

feel free to bash if you are a grognard type but...

4E, the MMO of P&PRPG's...

Though in my own defense I am running a Pathfinder game as well, which is a 3.5 streamlined clone itself.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   
i dont play dungeons and dragons but ive seen a few sessions and for some reason i really enjoy watching people play, i will check out the stream for sure

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
i dont play dungeons and dragons but ive seen a few sessions and for some reason i really enjoy watching people play, i will check out the stream for sure

Thanks bro!

we would love for you to join us!

the link in the OP is actually to twitch.tv not facebook, it is an intro of ourselves and the characters we will be playing as!

enjoy.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CagliostroTheGreat

I got into this sort of gaming because my younger sister and her minions became an inpenetrable hive of nonsense, through which one could not communicate without being alienated by the terminology being used. In order to save our relationship as siblings, I joined a game of Mage. There are currently thirteen players in the game, and it runs once every two weeks. It is the only system I play, because as much fun as I found it to be, my life is far too action packed and random to commit to more than one.

Despite the game being called Mage, I play a barbarian character, who uses all his magical abilities to augment his combat talents. That is not to say that I lack subtlety... however I did once get dropped from orbit, penetrate fifty metres of solid concrete, then throw a 4x4 through five people as a debut.

See... the truth is, much fun as it is rolling dice and trying to remember what everything means numbers wise, I actually have better things to do, better places to be. Its only my sister and her fiancee (one of my best friends) that keep me comming back. I would much rather be in the pub

So I guess my point is, that I can think of NOTHING more tedious, than watching someone do something which can be tedious to be involved in, let alone observe.
edit on 28-6-2013 by TrueBrit because: Added detail.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Ahh, good old White Wolf!

love rollin them d10's buddy!

yeah, I never played Mage specifically but I have played Vampire and Hunter, as well as basic World of Darkness.

Thanks for chiming in TrueBrit!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Because appearantly that link is wrong

I think this one will work.

www.twitch.tv...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
We do 3.5, and add in a lot of house rules, and we're pretty flexible on characters and races...so we end up with some weird groups. I really hope all 9 won't be playing at any given session. 2 of them are new to it also.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Man, I can't understand why in a world where Pathfinder is a thing folks still use 3.5

There is a lot more material for 3.5 i know but Pathfinder is soooo much better!

being a grognard.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Most people in the group already have all the 3.5 books, and we're happy with the version. So, nobody is in a rush to get new books. Took forever to get them to come to 3.5 versus 2nd Edition, as most had all the books for that too.

Plus, there is the SRD site, which is a godsend to use. No need for books, just one site that has most everything you need.

www.d20srd.org...

We certainly borrow things from Pathfinder. It is seamlessly compatible.

Some of us have been playing together since we were in High School. Now, we're older, married, have children, etc. Only two of the wives play, so as you can imagine, we rarely get to schedule a session. Not near as often as we'd like, but give and take.
edit on 28-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah, I feel ya the Gazrok, that seems to be the consensu with D&D, I sunk hundreds into these books, screw buying more! but if you got a buddy that has the digital copies you can always just get him to hand em' over, I love PDFs and good friends.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Yeah, I'm usually that lunk....the one who buys them and then gives them out.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

good for you then!

it helps out the RP book challenged folks (like me)

I don't now what I would do without my book giving fellow nerds... not have books I guess...

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Too many rules for my tastes man.

We play pretty rules-lite. Just get some dice and get the story going, kill things, get treasure.

We have played 3.5 though. We're really just into the fun of it though, not so much about how much you can move etc.
All that is really up to the keeper.

Happy gaming though! I'll try and check it out!

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

If you're into hack and slash, I'd suggest the board game Descent. It's basically D&D with light rules, and quick play (plus, you're always just killing stuff and getting treasure, while constantly getting your butt kicked too). It's a pricey game, but has LOTS of cool figs (that you can use for other gaming too).

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

If you're into hack and slash, I'd suggest the board game Descent. It's basically D&D with light rules, and quick play (plus, you're always just killing stuff and getting treasure, while constantly getting your butt kicked too). It's a pricey game, but has LOTS of cool figs (that you can use for other gaming too).

I have not played Descent, myself, however another viable option would be Tomb, which sounds a lot like Descent, Talisman is a great choice as well, or if you like co-op games Pandemic is awesome or a more strategy based board game, kinda like a roided out version of chess, Smallworld, I love BGs.

Or the my favorite of all time: RISK

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Descent is pretty co-op. It really is like D&D. A group of heros with stats and abilities, have a goal, fight monsters, get treasure (except there is a very real possibility you will fail the goal, or just partially succeed, etc.).

Smallworld is like fantasy RISK lite, hehe....but it is fun. I love Talisman. They play this all the time on Big Bang Theory...you can see it often as the game on the table. Munchkin is also very D&D like (especially the boardgame version vs. the card game)
edit on 1-7-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join