It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US-Japan war games off the California coast imitate Chinese invasion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Yes true you're only defending Japanese Oil in theory

But at the same time cockblocking China from getting there hands on it

It is a well know fact that this is the type of war being played out all over the world with US & China, you should perhaps watch this its very informative so you can better understand your countrys beef with China

China V.s. US The Battle for Oil
www.youtube.com...

I'm gonna bet it is in your foreign policy's book somewhere that Americans should die cockblocking the USA's biggest threat to remaining a superpower and in control
edit on 28-6-2013 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by TritonTaranis

It seems like materialism is the main cause of war.

!!!! you mean it isn't religion that's the main cause of war??? *snarky grin*

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I don't care if China has all of the oil. Stop sending people to die for rocks.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by undo

I think Religion or in the case of the USA political idealogy is the main EXCUSE for war to get the peasents support.

But the reason is normaly always greed of the elite.

Even the fundemental reaason of the Crusades was greed. The whole "god commands you to kill Muslems" was used to get the lowers classes to sign up and follow there lords into land grabbing.
edit on 28-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
i am having trouble believing this op.
the guys at the top are all buddies.
for example

now if that video is true, that means the entire idea of the cold war was a farce, which means this concept of the us and japan vs china, is not what it looks like. just guessing, however, based on the contents of the video in this post.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
China needs these various islands to build airbases. They don't have aircraft carriers like we do and want to be able to launch planes to future hot zones in S.E.A.

As long as China never takes US territory or cuts off resources, the US is fine with them becoming another superpower. The US wants a counterbalance to Russia in the neighborhood, anyway.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
If you had a friend that owed you 10 billion dollars, would you kill him for not paying it all at once? Or would you bottle your hatred and keep accepting payments?

Think about this on a scale about 100-1000 times larger now.....What would you do?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Have you no foresight?These are the precursors to the oil wars well be fighting sooner than you expect...ten years or so i reckon....
We are already involved in such resource wars....
The intensity will get worse as supplies dry up.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by TritonTaranis

True China have modernized its military alot in the past decade, but still nowhere near enough to be taking on its neighbors over some tiny Islands,

The US Japan security treaty requires the US to help Japan deter any attacks on its territory

I think most likely this will just be a war of word for many years, i suppose it is also possibly to see a Falklands type conflict occur in the future but a very slim chance as i just don't think China would start something with such terrible odds

Well It depends on how much the USA and Japan are willing to sacrifice over the islands.

I thing China is going to have to get involved in a small war soon or no matter how much tecnology it has it will be uselss. Armed forces that sit around doing nothing become ineffcetive fast.

I think you're probably right as there is such stiff competition

China has prefer to just sit back and let the world fall apart while its economy has grown leaps & bounds in the past decade, but those days are now well and truly over, China is going to need to be more aggressive in its foreign policy's and dealings to secure its massive demand for oil, China has already begun to bully & saber rattle its many neighbors on land & sea boarder disputes, and has also begun to concentrate on securing oil deals across across war torn Africa where the West once refused to do business because of the state of those countries security & infrastructure, nearly all of these African oil rich countries are currently inaccessible or War torn through lack of leadership or none existent infrastructure and would require huge investments to even begin extraction

China is a very hungry consumer of oil & gas and knows if it fails to keep up with demand in the coming years its on the road to economic collapse, so i guess its a good incentive to go start something soon as the Western Oil company's are holding most of the worlds already discovered large oil fields and blocking Chinese state owned company's everywhere else they seek to get it from, and also protect allied countries in securing there own Oil needs such as Japan in this case,

I guess it all depends on whether China will gone down gracefully and except the west and her worried allied neighbors will never allow her to be a dominate communist world superpower, or go down with a fight, but as of now China just doesn't have the means to do anything other than defend China, but for only a short while only at least, without a decent Navy, a very large and advanced Navy... which China would need, China would not be able to sustain an all out war for very long at all

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

It isn't religion that causes war usually, it is the greed of the ones running the religions that causes war. Greed is part of materialism, not spiritualism. Desire for power or pride is part of greed and also part of materialism because it gains you people that are under you, a material thing. Pure spiritualism would be the only pure religion according to my thoughts, because pure spiritualism does not have anyone who is above you in the materialistic world. People who spiritual can still assemble but there is no chain of command, everyone is equal.

I think I am making up a new religion
This religion will never be allowed to exist in this world because noone can gain power or wealth from it....I will be targeted as a hippi terrorist
Damn, it's so hard to let go of the sixties

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snsoc
China needs these various islands to build airbases. They don't have aircraft carriers like we do and want to be able to launch planes to future hot zones in S.E.A.

As long as China never takes US territory or cuts off resources, the US is fine with them becoming another superpower. The US wants a counterbalance to Russia in the neighborhood, anyway.

Oh, Russia has already fallen out with its old pal China

Disputes began years ago with technology theft and reverse engineering of Russian military hardware sold to the Chinese with strict regulations, China ignored these terms and conditions on many occasions, which no doubt sent alarm bells ringing in Moscow on there trustworthiness and true intentions, its not a partnership but rather a blood sucking of technology... i think the Russians was smart enough to know that they would eventually be back stabbed once China had used Russia for all its usefulness, and that China may eventually rolled over them to in the future

Which is why we now see Russia working more more & more closely with India which most see as a enemy & rival of China, Russia prefers to work on weapons programs or funding joint venture into military projects with India these days, you could say India is Russia's counter weigh who have extremely tense relations with Beijing...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Should China Invade the Senkaku Islands i might add...

rt.com

The US and Japan are preparing for a possible Chinese invasion of the Senkaku Islands. Using a small island off the coast of California, US and Japanese forces are mimicking an armed invasion and an amphibious assault to prepare for a real-life scenario.

The unprecedented drills, code-named Dawn Blitz, are being conducted on San Clemente Island, which is 75 miles northwest of San Diego, the Christian Science Monitor reports. They began with an assault led by 80 US Marines and three MV-22 Osprey aircraft, and were followed by a Japanese counterattack using 1,000 troops and two warships. Alt
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6/28/2013 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline

Pfffffff, it's Russia Today, their source may as well be Sorcha Fail.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Metallicus

oh yes the old "you pay we sell or you sell we pay ", but then when it comes down to how will run the world , the US dollar or China's Yen US freedom or China's rule of law. this is what will be the cause of the new world conflict, with money not weapons i hope, but then China is doing a Big weapons build up for major sea actions.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1

Should China Invade the Senkaku Islands i might add...

rt.com

The US and Japan are preparing for a possible Chinese invasion of the Senkaku Islands. Using a small island off the coast of California, US and Japanese forces are mimicking an armed invasion and an amphibious assault to prepare for a real-life scenario.

The unprecedented drills, code-named Dawn Blitz, are being conducted on San Clemente Island, which is 75 miles northwest of San Diego, the Christian Science Monitor reports. They began with an assault led by 80 US Marines and three MV-22 Osprey aircraft, and were followed by a Japanese counterattack using 1,000 troops and two warships. Alt
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 6/28/2013 by semperfortis because: Copy the EXACT Headline

Pfffffff, it's Russia Today, their source may as well be Sorcha Fail.

Of course, RT Russia's most popular propaganda machine

Its ok tho... i didn't go stamping my feet shouting the US is now going to invade China for Oil death to america if you read

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I've always said that war is always about resources. Ideology/Religion are just one of the factors used to get the populace in line with the PTB's plan.

History has proven this.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
Have you no foresight?These are the precursors to the oil wars well be fighting sooner than you expect...ten years or so i reckon....
We are already involved in such resource wars....
The intensity will get worse as supplies dry up.

Sadly, you are right. There are a few places in the world on a global map that have color bands like a rainbow bullseye for resources known or suspected to be deep down but not yet accessed. This happens to be over the top of one of them. A big one too. Another in Alaska... Another off Cyrpus...and a couple other spots. Indeed.. Resources will set the tones and terms of wars in future generations. Billions of people fighting over a reducing pile of "Stuff" and the makings for more.

Japan already fought one World War over resources...and that was, for Japan, about 98% resource based motivation. It won't shock me to see the future gear that way for them as a nation as well. It's not as though Japan suddenly invented oil fields or other sources of resources which didn't exist back then, eh?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Sadly, you are right. There are a few places in the world on a global map that have color bands like a rainbow bullseye for resources known or suspected to be deep down but not yet accessed. This happens to be over the top of one of them. A big one too. Another in Alaska... Another off Cyrpus...and a couple other spots. Indeed.. Resources will set the tones and terms of wars in future generations. Billions of people fighting over a reducing pile of "Stuff" and the makings for more.

Japan already fought one World War over resources...and that was, for Japan, about 98% resource based motivation. It won't shock me to see the future gear that way for them as a nation as well. It's not as though Japan suddenly invented oil fields or other sources of resources which didn't exist back then, eh?

Its sad though. The west has the money and tec if it cut its military expenditure by half and concentrated on defence only to actually go into the solar system. Plenty of resources to exploit there. May be expensive to set up intialy but once a infalstructure is set up it would bring back huge amounts in the long term. Hell the moon Titan has lakes of hydrocarbons, there are near eath astroids that have more rare earths than in most the world and Mars surface has litrally all the metals we need

We will have to do it at some point. May as well start now than wait till the earth has gone to pot!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

don't even have to go to mars. there's helium 3, platinum and so forth, on the moon and near earth asteroids with lotsa goodies in them.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

reply to post by crazyewok

don't even have to go to mars. there's helium 3, platinum and so forth, on the moon and near earth asteroids with lotsa goodies in them.

Exactly

And if you look at saterns moon Titan its loaded with stuff stoo.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
In Twenty years and can see Chian doing the unthinkable, invading the US and Japan all for resources and for land once owned by China, China still maintains they own some Island owned by Japan for you here or read about this at lest once a week as far as invading the US yes they would, Alaska and the west coast, this would be the only way nukes would be used, or a simple computer virus could do the same amount of damage to our defenses, thus leaving the west cost wide open for an invasion.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join