It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First baby with 3 biological parents may be sanctioned soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Hi guys

sorry to post and run but I thought you might like to see this
Link

The UK looks set to become the first country to allow the creation of babies using DNA from three people, after the government backed the IVF technique. It will produce draft regulations later this year and the procedure could be offered within two years. Experts say three-person IVF could eliminate debilitating and potentially fatal mitochondrial diseases that are passed on from mother to child. Opponents say it is unethical and could set the UK on a "slippery slope".

Cody

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Dear cody599,

It has already happened in the United States. Two mothers and one father, genetically spliced together. These children are already amongst us.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Gattica.....

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Who's idea was this? Monsanto's?
GMO food and now this. Greeeeeat.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

how sick is this planet getting this is a bit too far and men became gods springs to mind can you imagine how screwed up those children are going to be and all that goes with it divorce /childcare when a split happens .

and what traits are they going to have you look like uuummm
sorry just because you can does not mean you should this is a step too far for science .

this is an abomination of nature
not amused my 2 cents

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by billdadobbie

Dear billdadobbie,

I am sorry to tell you this; but, state laws are already being put into place for people to have three parents. Here, look this up

California’s SB 1476

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear billdadobbie,

I am sorry to tell you this; but, state laws are already being put into place for people to have three parents. Here, look this up

California’s SB 1476
no wonder my avatar chain smokes it gives a whole new meaning to who's you'r daddy ?/

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Dear billdadobbie,

It gets worse, England is approving splicing human genes with animal genes. Who is your daddy now become what is your daddy. Yes it is horrible.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
If it helps to prevent mitochondrial diseases, then I am all for it, wellbeing of the child is most important. The best way would be adoption or a healthy donor egg. But lets get real, there will be stupid people who will try to have their own child even if it means a risk of genetic defect. This can offer them an alternative.
edit on 28/6/13 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
humans are a product of nature. why is it "sick" to do this? why is man made unnatural? why do we end up creating things that mirror nature or the universe? wouldnt we eventually want to create reality ourselves/.,

the
madness

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Being a monetary trade with laws sort of society my first reaction in my brain (I'm sorry) was one half less child support garnishment. Haha.
'';

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Dear billdadobbie,

It gets worse, England is approving splicing human genes with animal genes. Who is your daddy now become what is your daddy. Yes it is horrible.
like we need any more animals in our dna

new topics

top topics

join