It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Based on these can you recommend a TV show I might like....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I do like:
Continuum
Game of thrones
walking dead
battlestar galactica
jerico
skyfall
camalot
revolution
spartacus
the borgias
the event

So based on these types of show, action, adventure, sci fi, what other shows fall into this kind of realm that I'm sure to like??? Even if it's older like within the last 10 years. Never got into: Lost, or Prison Break, or breakin bad. Somethign else please. Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by spartacus699
So based on these types of show, action, adventure, sci fi, what other shows fall into this kind of realm that I'm sure to like??? Even if it's older like within the last 10 years.

Homeland
Falling Skies
West Wing (Oldy but goodie)
Arrow
FlashForward (Single season series)

I'll probably think of others later

edit on 28/6/2013 by Sovaka because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

you got some great shows there how about dr who and warehouse 13 sci fi with a it of a giggle to
and what i have seen defiance looks pretty good
edit on 28-6-2013 by darknewt because: to ad one more

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Almost the exact shows I watch,

So you need some Gilligan's Island and Flintstones to lighten it up a bit.

Peace

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Between working and ATS I spend most of my time, I don't know how can you watch all those tv shows. On top of that you want more.

I watch when I can old episodes of Star Trek on Amazon Prime.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trueman
Between working and ATS I spend most of my time, I don't know how can you watch all those tv shows. On top of that you want more.

I watch when I can old episodes of Star Trek on Amazon Prime.

Google: Channel 131 what else ha ha. Ya funny, I never got into tv til 2010. I still am amazed about regular cable tv. I've never touch it with a 10 ft pole! Commericals, on there time schedule, big and bulky, and costly. No way, I like online, like channel 131 and our good friends in Greenland. I can watch when I want, for free, commercial free and on any computer. That way I can keep up with multiple shows. It's awsome!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:05 AM
link   
...you asked for it:

edit on 28-6-2013 by SarnholeOntarable because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Sci-fi:
Firefly
Farscape
Defiance

Action/epic:
Vikings

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

I do like:
Continuum
Game of thrones
walking dead
battlestar galactica
jerico
skyfall
camalot
revolution
spartacus
the borgias
the event

So based on these types of show, action, adventure, sci fi, what other shows fall into this kind of realm that I'm sure to like??? Even if it's older like within the last 10 years. Never got into: Lost, or Prison Break, or breakin bad. Somethign else please. Your help is appreciated. Thanks.

I got you man..

1. Survivors the original from 70's, tv series. (epic under appreciated story, for the true connoisseur)
2. Survivors the remake, (Tom is the MAN, you'll see)
3. Jeremiah (post apoc with a 90210 guy and Theo Huxtable as a badass, pretty good.)
4. Dead Set ,
5. Torchwood,.. this is a TRIP, real fun series, especially season 1 and 2.
6. OH!! SCHNIKEES!! i cant believe it..(*)
7. The Prisoner, Patrick McGoohan.. run, dont walk to see this one!

(*)dude its so "required viewing" i had just assumed you had it..

you just accidentally forgot Stargate on your list right?, Capt Jack O'Neil..
edit on 28-6-2013 by HanzHenry because: remembered more shows

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Newer or current shows I enjoy that are really good, to me anyway.lol

1. Death in Paradise
2. Burn Notice, dont ask why, is this weird?
3. Breaking Bad.. masterpiece, tuco is so freeaking nuts.
4. Stargate Universe. better show than many give credit, i miss it.

weird one. Out of all the 80's shows I loved as a kid. Magnum, A-team, Fallguy Airwolf, Knight Rider, Hulk, Chips, etc.. the one i just went through all seasons on and TRULY miss.

Simon and Simon.. this show had some specialness to it, re-visit it if you are interested.

I would LOVE to have a talk radio show about TV shows, like a Waynes World type thing.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Continuum
Game of thrones
walking dead
battlestar galactica
jerico
skyfall
camalot
revolution
spartacus
the borgias
the event

Dark Skies
X-Files
Defiance
Farscape
Fringe
Buck Rogers (check out old 80's sci-fi series, there were a TON of these...visit the Weird Shows thread here)
Old Battlestar Galactica
Dark Shadows (old series)
True Blood
Dexter

edit on 28-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The X-Files

Twin Peaks, not really much action but sci-fi weirdness at it's best

and because everyone needs a good laugh on occassion....It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia

edit on 28-6-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Person of Interest

Terra Nova

Hell on Wheels

Heroes

V the remake

Space Above and Beyond

Outer limits Series (1990s) montage of dfiferent stories.
edit on 28-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I do like:
Continuum
Game of thrones
walking dead
battlestar galactica
jerico
skyfall
camalot
revolution
spartacus
the borgias
the event

Great thread idea! Especially because I've run out of shows that I like (most of them on your list).

I will give you the name of a show that I find (wobble of hand) okay.

Six Feet Under

A father dies and leaves his Funeral Parlor to his two sons. Lots of talking dead people. Lots of weird people. Lots of sex.

All five seasons can be found here: Six Feet Under

Personally I find Scifi's 'Defiance' kind of B-movie-ish. But you have to check out the two seasons of Caprica. This show was excellent!
edit on 6/28/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Farscape

Babylon 5

Space Above and Beyond

Firefly

The OC

Highlander

I am sure I am overlooking some, but those would be good for starters.

Oh duh the original Twilight Zone.
edit on 28-6-2013 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Although this series is not exactly like the ones you listed, I like most of those and I really liked
"Once Upon a Time"
Season one now available for instant view on netflix.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
If you like The Borgias you will probably like The Tudors. It's about Henry the VIII.

Along the same lines as Spartacus is Rome, an excellent series.

Also, Falling Skies looks to be getting good. Just beginning its third season.

The Wire, probably the greatest tv series ever made. But if you didn't like Breaking Bad then you may not like it.

Deadwood is worth watching, even though it was cancelled after three seasons and left in limbo. I still check it out from time to time.

Justified is pretty good.

The Shield is an excellent series.

Sons of Anarchy.

edit on 30-6-2013 by TheComte because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Arrow
Orphan black
Da vinci's demons
the white queen
vikings
under the dome
Nikita
the tudors
alphas
fringe

If you can't find something in there you like then pick up a book.. tv is not for you

happy hunting

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

I do like:
Continuum
Game of thrones
walking dead
battlestar galactica
jerico
skyfall
camalot
revolution
spartacus
the borgias
the event

Fringe - I highly recommend it. It's a bit like the X-Files but much better, if you ask me. It's strange. It's funny. It's thought provoking. If you haven't seen it, you really should.

Sons of Anarchy - I didn't think I'd like the show at first, but when I finally started watching it, I fell in love with it. It's pretty good. It's also a little hard to explain exactly what it's about.

The Lost Room - It's a mini-series, but it's great. About a guy who loses his daughter inside a seemingly magical room after finding a key that can open a door to anywhere. So he goes on this quest to find his daughter and runs into other people with different seemingly ordinary objects that have strange powers of their own.

Chuck - I really liked this show. Hated when it ended. About a computer geek that gets a powerful CIA computer database fried into his brain. Ends up involved in a world of sexy spies and espionage. It's a bit corny. A bit funny. And a bit sad at times. I recommend it.

Reaper - About a slacker that finds out his parents sold his soul to the devil. So he ends up being stuck as the Devil's bounty hunter. It's pretty funny. But it doesn't really have an ending since it was cancelled after the second season. It's a pretty funny show.

Supernatural - May or may not be your type of show. I really enjoy it. But it's not for everyone.

Under the Dome - It's not bad. Not as good as the book. But still somewhat entertaining.

Dexter - It's about a serial killer who kills serial killers while trying to keep his life in order and avoid getting caught. Great show.

Sliders - The first 3 seasons are pretty good. But it really goes downhill at seasons 4 and 5.

Harsh Realm - It only lasted one season but it had a lot of potential. And a great performance by D.B. Sweeney.

The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. - Starring Bruce Campbell, this was a short lived but still pretty decent show which starts out as a western and quickly becomes scifi.

posted on Sep, 10 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I just thought of another one you might really like.

Misfits - It's a british tv series which is coming into it's fifth and final season soon. One of the main characters you may recognize from Game of Thrones.

The show is a scifi series about these kids that got sentenced to community service for a variety of crimes. And after a freak unexplained storm, they and others in the community begin developing super powers that they have trouble coping with.

It doesn't start out that great. But it gets better. And Robert Sheehan who plays "Nathan" on the show is both hilarious and tragic at times.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join