It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who do you blame?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

But Beez....it all boils down to the fact that we keep voting the other party out of office every decade or so....but we will always go back to the same pile of vomit we left behind 10 years prior. Like a dog.

I get that there is a thin layer of loyal folks on one side or another. Group think is a trait that people sometimes have. No biggie there. But what is that, maybe 15% on either side? The majority are moderates. Its the "moderates" or undecideds that unseat incumbents. Its the moderates that don't seem to really get it. THey aren't loyal to their brand. That particular group has no real loyalty beyond how they are or how mad that are at the moment the ballot is cast. Things are going well? Vote for the incumbent. Things aren't going so well? Vote for his rival.

You get a choice of either Nacho Cheese flavor, or Cool Ranch flavor. But there is no "regular" flavor.

We all tolerate and accept that anyone outside the two parties really doesn't get a chance to run. They get blocked. And when that happens, it makes national news. Everyone knows about it (remember Perot....not like it was hidden that he was being blocked in some states). Yet like most other scandals of real import, nothing happens.

WHen you are a "made man" you get some perks of the job. Politics used to be about running a country. Now it is about making as much money as you can under the banner of "official" government business, while hiding it from the awareness of the people.

And if you really think about it, the irony of the whole thing is just absolutely ludicrous. The entire planet will get behind a government against an individual solely because the government legitimizes their own criminal behavior. For them its called "tax". For the mob its called "a protection racket". For them its called "tax seizure". For the mob they call it a "bustout". We could go on and on, but it can be summed up by stating that government in the US has become nothing more than a legalized mafia operation.

And I am not the first to say this. Smedley Butler was fairly damning in his assessment. Which brings up my final point: i am 40 years old. in my lifetime there has yet to be a man worthy of the Oval Office that has presided there. Why would I think any different? In the 20's the top ranking goon for the US Gov. admitted to being the top ranked good for the US Gov. Thus, there is no blame for what any of us support. It is WHO we support that I take issue with.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Some argue until they're blue in the face
Others argue, til they are red in the face.

So now you all know where we got the colors to represent the political maps of "poutrage"

If we didn't argue what would talk radio do?
If we didn't argue, what would the cable news networks do?

raises hand!

I know, I know.
We'd have more music, and more actual news.
That would be a horrible thing, because the population might become more relaxed and knowledgeable.

So, we might as well pretend our political ideals are actually shared by the people we put in office.
Otherwise the economy might go south..
wait....what?

edit on 29-6-2013 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

But we can make a difference.

I've actually gone as far as becoming Libertarian.

It may not make a difference, however, if we all start locally, we can create a grass-roots movement.

Our last "real" president was probably Ronald Reagan. Since then we've had cookie cutter-style fill-ins while the country has become shredded.

Diogenes and you and a small cadre of others will have to keep busy.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Who do I blame?

Hmmmm...

This is one of my favorite soapboxes, as some of you may know...

I blame each and every one of us who can't be bothered to be involved in any facet of running our own lives, or making sure that we can run our own lives.

We want peace, but can't be bothered to put people in office who will actually work for that.

Or make the one's there do our bidding, rather than some nebulous bogeymans.

We want many things apparently, but also equally apparent is that most of us don't give enough of a flying *bleep* to work for it...

Yep, that's who I blame... Me. You. Everybody. Except possibly nerbot...

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
i'm glad you asked this question. who is responsible ? it's a process of available evidence, to figure out who:

1. who came up with the idea of slavery?

2. who came up with the idea of buying slaves?

3. who came up with the idea of righting the wrongs of slavery by attaching it to laws giving the federal government too much power? so we could only right the wrong of one thing by adopting a totally different problem. the responsible party is a consummate chess player of global proportions.

4. who came up with the idea of reminding former slaves that they were once slaves, every day, several times a day, so that the wounds would never heal, even after half the nation had fought tooth and nail to rescue them.

5. who came up with the idea to create jealousy and racial hardships on all sides of the issue and then blame only one sector of the populace for the whole thing, many of whom had ancestors that lost their kin to rescue the black population from slavery. in effect, who came up with the idea of killing their rescuers ancestors on the charge that their ancestors enslaved them (hello?)

6. who came up with the idea to use the press to incite this division to the nth degree and to drag religion into it, kicking and screaming?

7. who managed to convince people of the same faith, to adopt the idea that skin color should determine how they treat one another?

i can tell you who is responsible. it ain't human.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Undo, my dear, that was awesome. Absolutely beautiful.

I would only add that we are still floating up the same creek. And we are not powerless to stop it.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by undo

Undo, my dear, that was awesome. Absolutely beautiful.

I would only add that we are still floating up the same creek. And we are not powerless to stop it.

thanks. i mean 2000 freakin' years ago, jesus basically said NO MORE SLAVERY. no more division between what it means to be a man or a woman. we were to all be equal. 2000 years ago!!!!!!
that's two. thousand. years. ago. what was so hard to understand about that?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join