It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians, did ya vote Bush? One up for God?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ubermunche
I don't like the way that some Christians (and others of differing religious persuasion) seem to imply that theirs is the only relationship with God that counts, that their moral spectrum is the only one that's relevant. That's spiritual elitism and elitsm only leads to suppression or alienation of those not a part of that particular group. How can any one group Christian, Muslim, New Age or Hindu know their path is the only correct one when God and the spiritual workings of the universe must be so vast and almost incomprehensible to us that all you can hope to do is make a choice and believe/hope it is right one for you, not concerning yourself with what path, religious or secular, that others choose. Who is so arragant that they can define what an acceptable personal moral choice is then inflict it on the rest of the world. That's why religion and politics should not be mixed. Why can't people accept that.

Why can't people accept that???????????????????????????
Any one answer please!!!!!!!!!!!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor
I don't think the Africans are supporting and advocating terrorist attacks against the US. I do hope we help with the current situation in Africa too however.

Me too, advocting terrorist attacks is the doing on Bin Laden and Al Qaida supports it, my main point is that we should concentrating our efforts on that, not Hussein who wasn't an "imminent threat" as much as Bin Laden was and still is.

How do you argue that? Bush puts his foot in his mouth everytime he tries to justify it... I believe it can't be justified, Hussein was a dick a huge dick, and I would love to sucker punch him and tie his nut hairs in a huge waud then set them on fire to say the least, but Bin Laden would be thee man I would go after since he made the embassy bombings happen and the wtc, so the concentrated efforts are diverted and thats something I just don't understand.

Of course hussein supported it, but he wasn't the one who carried attacks out, bin laden did, and bin laden had and has the organization Al Qaida.
whats up with that?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
President Bush is not the anti-christ.....

President Bush is not evil...

Can't people get this through thier heads... argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Are you 100% sure about that?

www.bushisantichrist.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies

I don't think the Africans are supporting and advocating terrorist attacks against the US. I do hope we help with the current situation in Africa too however.

Me too, advocting terrorist attacks is the doing on Bin Laden and Al Qaida supports it, my main point is that we should concentrating our efforts on that, not Hussein who wasn't an "imminent threat" as much as Bin Laden was and still is.

How do you argue that? Bush puts his foot in his mouth everytime he tries to justify it... I believe it can't be justified, Hussein was a dick a huge dick, and I would love to sucker punch him and tie his nut hairs in a huge waud then set them on fire to say the least, but Bin Laden would be thee man I would go after since he made the embassy bombings happen and the wtc, so the concentrated efforts are diverted and thats something I just don't understand.

Of course hussein supported it, but he wasn't the one who carried attacks out, bin laden did, and bin laden had and has the organization Al Qaida.
whats up with that?

OFF SUBJECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We were talking about Religion and the STATES

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I voted for Bush.
My second time voting for him.
I'm not a Christian, never was..

However, I used to be a Democrat.
That was easily fixed...All it took was me listening to the intolerance of
the Democrats. Screaming, literally, and figuratively about how RIGHT they were about everything. And how only a moron could believe otherwise.

I knew that I was not a moron, so I made the switch.
Someday, when the SHRILLNESS, and the SCREAMING stop.
And Democrats realize, that it Might pay to be tolerant, and understanding.
I could consider, switching back.
I figure at least another 15 years..When the babies, OF the Babies, of the 60's take the mantle...

"til then, I'll just laugh about the fact that I used to be one of the intolerant. But I wised up!

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It is not about who voted for who, it is about Christains voting for Bush BECAUSE he 'says' he is a Christain too.

REMEMBER - other countries did the same thing an look what happened. Example: the Taliban. They ended up pushing their believes on everyone and see what the country was like? Is that what you want?

America is freedom (or was), and that means that YOU do what YOU believe in. Like I said before, you cannot force another soul into heaven. You just need to worry about your OWN soul. Sure, spread the word, but, as Christ did, leave it up to them to decide. If YOU are against homosexuality, as I strongly am, then don't YOU do it. I will say good morning to a gay person still, I just won't be going to the bar with him (or even shaking his hand (don't know what that hand was doing(*cringes*))).

Voting for a religeous leader is NOT a good idea.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Hi peeps

I would like to point out that the bible is and has been twisted for mankinds evil agenda, yup there is some truths to it but really people the American admin has you guys fooled. Big time!

Voting Bush or Kerry does not matter ethier way the whole world loses.

Now for God.

Hmmmm...

God loves Gays, fat people, (even women!) - Joke!.

God does not like Satan, does not like evil or things like war. But when push comes to shove God wont mess around, God will do what God thinks what will be done.

As for what happens in the world and all the bad things and the rest of it, God knows what needs to be done people, remember God is the creator of all things. It does not matter if you are christian or muslim or athiest you are still Gods people and if you live your life the best you can, you never know

Heaven may await, I dont know yet I pesronally havent got that far, but when I do I ll let you all know!

Anyway.......

For all you guys out there reading this thinking Im talking about a wrathful father figure type of OverLoard

God maybe a smart wonderful sexy classy (and maybe great sense of humor) Woman.

Im a man and I would love if God was a woman, at least it would make some sense how women are getting thiers again. And more power to you girls.

Laterz

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Are you actually compairing America to the Taliban now? What the heck is wrong here? You people are making America sound way, WAY worse then it really is.

I'm freakin' speechless, makes me wanna puke!

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Are you actually compairing America to the Taliban now? What the heck is wrong here?

Uh, no. it is not as simple as that - think a little. The Taliban started by people wanting the laws to reflect their beliefs. Then, YEARS down the road, they had everything in place according to what a group of people wanted. It was not what everyone wanted, but tuff luck for them.

If you start turning this into a Christian country, it will no longer be a free country.

THAT is my point.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Oh my goodness!

If a person reads the Sermon on the Mount, there is no call to political action, only a call to one-on-one personal ministry.

No, this election does not promote Christianity. It turns Christianity into a political cult that borders on the tyrannical.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I voted for Michael Peroutka, Constitution Party.

Bush isn't going to do squat about gay marriage, abortion, and the like. The GOP isn't what it used to be.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Gay marriage and abortion are secular problems that cannot be fixed TOP-DOWN.

Christianity was not given, as a political bludgeon with which to beat people into submission to God!!

Christianity is a Choice; heterosexuality and family is a Choice; Life is a Choice, although destruction is never a blessing and Life is not a problem.

These Christians that want to turn America into a POLITICAL DOGMATIC GULAG give me the willies.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by yekway
Hi peeps

I would like to point out that the bible is and has been twisted for mankinds evil agenda, yup there is some truths to it but really people the American admin has you guys fooled. Big time!

Voting Bush or Kerry does not matter ethier way the whole world loses.

Now for God.

Hmmmm...

God loves Gays, fat people, (even women!) - Joke!.

God does not like Satan, does not like evil or things like war. But when push comes to shove God wont mess around, God will do what God thinks what will be done.

As for what happens in the world and all the bad things and the rest of it, God knows what needs to be done people, remember God is the creator of all things. It does not matter if you are christian or muslim or athiest you are still Gods people and if you live your life the best you can, you never know

Heaven may await, I dont know yet I pesronally havent got that far, but when I do I ll let you all know!

Anyway.......

For all you guys out there reading this thinking Im talking about a wrathful father figure type of OverLoard

God maybe a smart wonderful sexy classy (and maybe great sense of humor) Woman.

Im a man and I would love if God was a woman, at least it would make some sense how women are getting thiers again. And more power to you girls.

Laterz

I totally agree with everything you say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Catholic religion, bible and all are totally corrupted like the rest! Love god, love others and yourself!

Ameliaxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by godservant

If you start turning this into a Christian country, it will no longer be a free country.

Turning it into a Christian country? It was founded on Christianity. Only since about the 60's with the free love and peace movement did our country start falling from its Christian values. Thankfully more and more people are starting to see the light.

"Thou shalt not kill" is stated in the Bible, so... because that is a religious belief the government shouldn't be able to tell me not to kill right? "Thou shalt not steal" etc., etc.

[edit on 9-11-2004 by LostSailor]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Only since about the 60's with the free love and peace movement did our country start falling from its Christian values.

There is nothing wrong with free love and peace.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Turning it into a Christian country? It was founded on Christianity.
No it wasn't

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Ok LadyV yes it was.

Does this sound childish to anyone else here? Can someone else back me up here, I get the feeling LadyV would disagree with me if I said the sky was blue.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I read the Constitution a few times over recently, and it's pretty secular in nature. Therefore, the nation was not founded on Christianity, but on a common sense.

Thank God for that

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
1 min websearch

Little-Known U.S. Document Signed by President Adams Proclaims America's Government Is Secular

by Jim Walker

Some people today assert that the United States government came from Christian foundations. They argue that our political system represents a Christian ideal form of government and that Jefferson, Madison, et al, had simply expressed Christian values while framing the Constitution. If this proved true, then we should have a wealth of evidence to support it, yet just the opposite proves the case.

Although, indeed, many of America's colonial statesmen practiced Christianity, our most influential Founding Fathers broke away from traditional religious thinking. The ideas of the Great Enlightenment that began in Europe had begun to sever the chains of monarchical theocracy. These heretical European ideas spread throughout early America. Instead of relying on faith, people began to use reason and science as their guide. The humanistic philosophical writers of the Enlightenment, such as Locke, Rousseau, and Voltaire, had greatly influenced our Founding Fathers and Isaac Newton's mechanical and mathematical foundations served as a grounding post for their scientific reasoning.

A few Christian fundamentalists attempt to convince us to return to the Christianity of early America, yet according to the historian, Robert T. Handy, "No more than 10 percent-- probably less-- of Americans in 1800 were members of congregations."

The Founding Fathers, also, rarely practiced Christian orthodoxy. Although they supported the free exercise of any religion, they understood the dangers of religion. Most of them believed in deism and attended Freemasonry lodges. According to John J. Robinson, "Freemasonry had been a powerful force for religious freedom." Freemasons took seriously the principle that men should worship according to their own conscious. Masonry welcomed anyone from any religion or non-religion, as long as they believed in a Supreme Being. Washington, Franklin, Hancock, Hamilton, Lafayette, and many others accepted Freemasonry.

[edit on 9-11-2004 by cargo]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Thats one mans opinion... whats your point?

Our country was founded on Christian values, its freakin common knowledge!!!

I can't believe this is even being argued

[edit on 9-11-2004 by LostSailor]

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join